Are you offended by the gay taunts from opposing fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you bothered by the gay taunts

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Water off a ducks back. I find it amusing that they think they are being really clever and funny when it's been the same for years at ALL away grounds. 1-0 to the nancy boys usually shuts them up! If any gay fans are genuinely offended I'd be surprised.

This.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It's no worse then Brighton fans giving banter about opposition fans being northern. It's banter. I'm not gay but I don't care about being called gay by the opposition fans because I don't find it insulting.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Well, I'm gay. And it doesn't bother me.

And I wonder if, for those who are bothered, it is more about an assault on their masculinity than some sudden urge to protect the towns gay population from nasty words...

My boyfriend knows I go to football, and I urge you to go to the opticians if you think we are holding hands. As for the chant 'HIV HIV', well I thought it stood for a self affirmation, Highly Inbred Visitors- away fans are so harsh on themselves.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I've just seen the BBC report and what an embarrassment. How can they take themselves seriosly showing a caption that reads 'we can see you holding hands' and 'does your boyfriend know your here.' How an earth is that worthy of 'news?' It looks like something out of a primary school!!! How can anyone be offended by that?

We are making ourselves look like dare i say it 'nancy boys' by continually bleating on about 'homophobia.'

So we've complied a 'report' have we and we are going to try and 'educate' other football fans, what a load of rubbish. So the Millwall and Leeds fans will read the report and get 'educated' will they? 'Ere lads Brighton fans get upset by us singing 'we can see you holding hands, so lets stop it'

We are also just drawing more attention to it as well, which fans of other clubs will pick up on as a percieved weakness as well which will make them more likely to do it.

If it offends you that much dont go to football, make some cucumber sandwiches and a flask and go and watch village green cricket.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've just seen the BBC report and what an embarrassment. How can they take themselves seriosly showing a caption that reads 'we can see you holding hands' and 'does your boyfriend know your here.' How an earth is that worthy of 'news?' It looks like something out of a primary school!!! How can anyone be offended by that?

The report didn't say that.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
If your proud to be Gay wh.

We all need a bit of banter whether it is aimed at the French, Scottish,Welsh, Irish,gays or heterosexuals, let's enjoy the fun before we die.

Banter is the life blood but won't be long before its banned. The final straw will be when ginger nuts have had their fill.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Which then shows that it is badly edited not that those fans were offended by the 'mild' chants.

Cant believe the BBC even thought it worthy as 'news' tbh.

Where will it end? Am watching Fulham v QPR and the Fulham fans are chanting 'your support is f*****g s**t' can we expect a BBC reporter to travel on the coach with the QPR fans asking 'how did you feel about your support being questioned by the Fulham fans?'

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
I have come to the conclusion that we have too many wet wipes in our support.

Well maybe if you was black or Asian and the insults were directed at your skin or origin then is that allowed? Of cause not so why should homophobic songs be tolerated Or is it because you are gay then that's fair game? If fans can be homophobic then I'll start singing racist songs because at the end of the day you can't have grey ares, either ban them all or sing what you like.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Before the forest game someone similar age to me (16) called me a Brighton batty boy. I just walked past because I'm not the sort of person to get on fights but I found this unneeded. I'm not offended by chants 90% of time and if they're witty I'll laugh but most of the time they are repetitive and boring.

Next time , if they're with their mates just give it back by saying "do you want my mobile number , sweetheart ?" and wink at the same time.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Well maybe if you was black or Asian and the insults were directed at your skin or origin then is that allowed? Of cause not so why should homophobic songs be tolerated Or is it because you are gay then that's fair game? If fans can be homophobic then I'll start singing racist songs because at the end of the day you can't have grey ares, either ban them all or sing what you like.

I'm not the only one, take a look at the poll results.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
its wrong, so are the chants with swear words, players who swear at the ref, diving, feigning injury, offensive gestures at away fans etc. Yes it needs to be brought to the attention of the FA, but should we rise to it, its about education of people and thats not the responsibilty of the sport. Lets not be drawn or hijacked by the issue but show solidarity as Seagulls suppoerters and turn the other cheek!!!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Fair enough, let's stop taking women & children to matches or calling ourselves a community club. Maybe we should abandon the family stand. We've all got to man up. Then we can complain when the crowds drop back to 13K and we're losing money.

28,000 and rising, yet swearing persists. Perhaps the vast majority aren't overly bothered, and just get on with watching football, knowing it's part and parcel of football.

Losing money - we are good at that already.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
28,000 and rising, yet swearing persists. Perhaps the vast majority aren't overly bothered, and just get on with watching football, knowing it's part and parcel of football.

Losing money - we are good at that already.

Swearing isn't illegal although it can result in being banned from a ground. Racism & homophobia are. It isn't as bad at home games but at some away grounds the abuse is very offensive.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
I'm not the only one, take a look at the poll results.

Maybe they are homophobic as well and hate gays and like them to be given a hard time. I'd like to see a poll about racist chanting. Bet the poll would be totally different but why? I like gays more than black, Asian people as to be honest I don't like them. Like a few have said, we live in a democracy so I suppose if you don't mind homophobic chanting then it's open doors but why do society condone one but not the other. Baffling.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Doesnt bother me, had some on saturday, walking around Nottingham some teenagers starting singing 'we can see you holding hands' i shouted back at them 'your too ugly to be gay' they soon shut up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports