Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you angry that we didn't go up?

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
Its difficult not to feel disappointed with the whimpering defeat to Palace after we'd built up such momentum over the previous couple of months. In hindsight though, its all progess and I'd be dubious about our survival prospects in the Premiership, ignoring the financial windfall it would've brought. I'm more annoyed with Gus's complete lack of class and sense of entitlement shown in recent weeks which I doubt will have been forgotten by the time next season kicks off.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Nope, more disappointed that our manager came up short and doesn't feel inspired to give it another go with us next season. The manner of our defeat and Poyet's public reaction to it, given the backing he had from TB and the fans is what grates the most.

Agree with that.

Quite happy with 23 home games, most of them at 3pm on a Saturday, and no further increase in ST prices.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
If I were one of you chaps, I'd be more concerned about the protracted aftermath of the Poyet fallout.

How many weeks has it been now? There seems to be an assumption from some that you're still geared up to push on to the next stage next season, but all the while that this goes on your rivals are targeting and signing players, drawing up their tactics, making their pre-season plans, and so on.

Poyet has already brought disappointment to one season - is it possible he'll sabotage another?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I were one of you chaps, I'd be more concerned about the protracted aftermath of the Poyet fallout.

How many weeks has it been now? There seems to be an assumption from some that you're still geared up to push on to the next stage next season, but all the while that this goes on your rivals are targeting and signing players, drawing up their tactics, making their pre-season plans, and so on.

Poyet has already brought disappointment to one season - is it possible he'll sabotage another?

Trust us, we are worried about this, but it doesn't need to be at the expense of thinking about everything else :lolol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
No , it was always a stretch to go Premiership in only our second season in Champ. Our best players were only on loan, the training grounds are not yet ready. Given this suspension, it could have been a disaster had we been prepping for the Premiership....

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
No , it was always a stretch to go Premiership in only our second season in Champ. Our best players were only on loan, the training grounds are not yet ready. Given this suspension, it could have been a disaster had we been prepping for the Premiership....

What makes you so confident that your squad will actually improve from last season's?

Angry last day shambles, among other things, Kazenga should have featured. It seemed very lacklustre after some brilliant
displays. That said, Premiership is money rigged and really 2 divisions; top 4 and everyone else. Championship way more exciting. Hopefully some good sensible decisions on the horizon, many clubs living in boom and bust debt land, like the Country, which is being run by plutocratic idiots. Am confident the Management will steer in right direction.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In all honesty many would have been happy with a top 6 place but it's the manner of our defeat and the immediate aftermath that has everyone so disappointed. I was annoyed on the night and for maybe 1-2 weeks after but not now, I've put it in perspective. The club has made brilliant progress very quickly and I'd rather stay down and be stronger for the prem than go up as a weaker side.

Feb 3, 2013
I'm ****ing fuming.
Proper manager.Proper team playing proper football,then back to the 70's.
No funding and no ambition.Pat Saward.Freddie Goodwin.
Let's always finish not quite good enough.
Mike Bamber was a genius compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.
You want a better manager than Gus Poyet?
You'll take a long time looking.
I think you're right to say that about the board, they have handled the situation appallingly and are getting rid of our best manager in a while because that tosser Paul barber doesn't like him. Ever since he's come along, poyet has contemplated moves else where, he never did that during our first season at the Amex

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think you're right to say that about the board, they have handled the situation appallingly and are getting rid of our best manager in a while because that tosser Paul barber doesn't like him. Ever since he's come along, poyet has contemplated moves else where, he never did that during our first season at the Amex

1) The board acted appropriately and with speed. They were clearly left with no alternative.
2) We have no proof that Barber doesn't like Poyet.
3) Poyet has courted the media and is now one of their ' darlings ' This higher profile has put him in the spotlight more and more and led to him being linked with other jobs. Thats not Barber's doing.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Now that's an interesting hypothetical question - had we been promoted, would the Brighton Three still have been suspended?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Total speculation.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not angry at all. Believe it or not, not every Brighton fan is obsessed with the Premier League. If and when we get there it will be because we deserve to. This year we didn't. No reason for anger.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

Pre-season already arranged and sorted (mainly in Spain), most players triggered extra one years contracts so all sorted, just El-Abd and Lopez who have been offered new one year deals are outstanding. Players not back for training until 1st July so no need to panic yet! BIg issue is over replacing or renewing the loan players (Bridge, Hammond and Upson but I believe they are under contract until 30th June so no major panic on that front yet). Worry yes, not a disaster (yet!).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not disappointed to not go up, but I am disappointed that Palace did.
Firstly because I always want them in our Division, and secondly because they are a bunch of ***** that don't deserve it.
Also disappointed that Gus seems to want to be elsewhere, that Holloway didn't slip on my turd and smash his head in on a toilet pan and that we underperformed on the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here