Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you angry that we didn't go up?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very disappointed not to go up, we blew it twice really. 18 draws meant we didn't get second, and then in a situation where you need just to win a home game against a team you slaughtered two months before to reach the final, you'd take that all day. But these things happen, and it was an enjoyable season until the end.

The real anger though, as others have said, has come from what happened after, and what that suggests at what was going on behind the scenes undermining the promotion push. I was furious with Poyet's comments afterwards, they betrayed exactly what he really thought about the club, the fans and the board that gave him his big chance (ie absolutely nothing).

My own firm belief (with no inside track) is that what emerges will cast him and his antics and uncontrolled ego in an even worse light, I believe we will all (or most of us) think the board had no effective choice but to suspend him, and his focus on his own career helped sabotage the play-off bid.

The anger then gets compounded with the surrender against Palace, the humiliating Poo-gate episode, and the club being made a public laughing stock after years spent establishing a reputation as a decent and progressive club on the up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Not angry, disappointed with the game against CPFC at the Amex but worse things in life will happen.

This. I just felt empty.

I knew before the match it was never meant to be :nono:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not angry, was just unhappy for about 2 days afterwards - now im fine - if anything there is more positives about not being promoted - I can wait another season anyway.

Besides, without the Palace factor, maybe we can actually win the league !!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Not angry we didn't go up,just angry with the way our season unravelled at the end,the team not showing up for that horror story and the fact that the shit up the road have got their thieving paws on £120 mill.
This. I'm disappointed we didn't make the most of our golden opportunity but I've got over that. I'm more pi55ed off that we gave it to our rivals on a plate

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking back in hindsight , no. We weren't strong enough to go up automatically and going up via the play offs would have seen three quarters of the squad out of their depth at a higher level.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am pleased that we have shown ourselves to be better losers than Palace have winners.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
More angry with all the stuff that has happened since. We finished fourth last year I can't be angry about that its the highest we have finished since I was 2!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The real anger though, as others have said, has come from what happened after, and what that suggests at what was going on behind the scenes undermining the promotion push. I was furious with Poyet's comments afterwards, they betrayed exactly what he really thought about the club, the fans and the board that gave him his big chance (ie absolutely nothing).

I find these comments totally bizarre. What was "going on behind the scenes undermining the promotion push"? Please do explain. Wasn't exactly evident in say, the 6-1 demolition of Blackpool was it, or indeed any of the matches in the run-up to the play-offs when we were superb, or the hard fought draw at Selhurst.

Poyet's comments that unless more money was invested into the playing side of the club we couldn't expect to progress further were not at all unreasonable, IMHO.

The slating Gus is getting on here from some quarters, when no-one actually knows what has been going on, is completely out of order.

Our best manager since Mullery, who has attracted some truly AMAZING players to the club, playing the best football probably ever seen by an Albion side, and taken us within a deflected shot onto the crossbar of the play-off final. And all people can do now is slag him off - even when no-one has any idea what the circumstances behind his suspension might be.

And to think some people want to get Nigel Clough in instead! Words fail me.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I'm disappointed with Gus as not sure he was focused on the Palace game if I'm honest,I think with all thats come out after and the team he picked especially after beating them when we were positive in march,I get the impression he had other things on his mind

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
What's to be angry about? We finished 4th. That was higher than our biggest rivals and I'm happy with that. I'm not bothered about the manager situation either because I trust Tony's judgement. Neither am I even slightly concerned about the massively over-exaggerated "somebody defecates in toilet" shock since we all do this on a daily basis, except most of us have a better aim.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Very disappointed immediately after the second leg. Got over that now.

However, am now very worried about next season. Especially, of course, if we don't get the right manager to get us to a position to challenge for promotion and also what our playing squad will be. May be only me but I feel it will be lesser quality overall than last season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What's to be angry about? We finished 4th. That was higher than our biggest rivals and I'm happy with that. I'm not bothered about the manager situation either because I trust Tony's judgement. Neither am I even slightly concerned about the massively over-exaggerated "somebody defecates in toilet" shock since we all do this on a daily basis, except most of us have a better aim.

A cleaner at work said the customer toilets especially the ladies all end up like this on a regular basis and its just a case of putting on the elbow length rubber gloves and getting on with cleaning it off of everywhere.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find these comments totally bizarre. What was "going on behind the scenes undermining the promotion push"? Please do explain. Wasn't exactly evident in say, the 6-1 demolition of Blackpool was it, or indeed any of the matches in the run-up to the play-offs when we were superb, or the hard fought draw at Selhurst.

Poyet's comments that unless more money was invested into the playing side of the club we couldn't expect to progress further were not at all unreasonable, IMHO.

The slating Gus is getting on here from some quarters, when no-one actually knows what has been going on, is completely out of order.

Our best manager since Mullery, who has attracted some truly AMAZING players to the club, playing the best football probably ever seen by an Albion side, and taken us within a deflected shot onto the crossbar of the play-off final. And all people can do now is slag him off - even when no-one has any idea what the circumstances behind his suspension might be.

And to think some people want to get Nigel Clough in instead! Words fail me.

You sound like someone who isn't going to hear a word against Gus whatever he has already done and said (quite a lot) and whatever emerges (and we all have our own ideas on that).

Fair enough, that is your right. On the night of the Palace defeat he sounded like someone who didn't actually care what had happened, and given the very rare opportunity presented that is unforgiveable.

I don't care how good he is, or what he did before, Poyet put himself before the club at a crucial moment. You might happily forgive him that, I won't be.

But I would agree with you that whatever you or I may think (and it sounds like the total opposite) we are going to have to wait, and even then we may never know exactly. I suspect we will be presented with two totally different spins (club's and Poyet's), or even worse, nothing at all with a settlement and a gagging agreement signed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Nope not angry at all, we were playing in the 1st div 2 seasons ago so our progress has been fantastic. For me consolidate and build and this will set us up for when we do make it into the playboy league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here