Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you angry that we didn't go up?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.

Sorry fella I am disappointed as we all with the current situation with Gus and the manner of the defeat in the play offs and maybe some of the negative football that cost us points throughout the season which may have ensured us automatic promotion. However that is football and we take it on the chin and move forward even with respect to the manager at the moment, we just move on.

However you statement above is pathetic NO ONE HAS DONE MORE FOR THIS CLUB THAN TONY BLOOM - HE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A "SCUMDOG"....... words fail me, what the feck do you want...... blood, and if you did I can assure you Bloom probably bleeds blue and white....

I am astounded you can call him "Scumdog"

Sorry I am amazed....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It was a wonderful season with a disappointing and humiliating finale - I felt bewilderment after the second Palace game, why didn't the team turn up on the day? And as for what happened after that game .... also bewildering but worrying too if not sorted asap. As for the Premiership, as someone once said, it's like moving to live in London. Sure you get paid a lot more but everything is a lot more expensive too so you're not really that much better off. On balance Im happy with another Championship season because its a genuine competition not a three or four horse race and automatic promotion must be the aim, not the lottery of the play-offs.
And Mike Bamber wasn't a genius - yes he got us into the First Division but he put our club into so much debt chasing the dream that it ultimately threatened our very existence.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nope, more disappointed that our manager came up short and doesn't feel inspired to give it another go with us next season. The manner of our defeat and Poyet's public reaction to it, given the backing he had from TB and the fans is what grates the most.

Exactly this.

Poyet is a lightweight just as king kev was.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not so much angry as disappointed as I think it was a great opportunity lost that was easily within our grasp.
My thoughts entirely. In what was a pretty mediocre division with no real stand-out teams it WAS a massive missed opportunity. I wonder when we'll get another one?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
This is how I feel. it may be a blessing in disguise, Poyet has done a fantastic job creating a style and football philosphy but he was becoming tedious and was constantly undermining the club. Can't wait for this all to be sorted, we are a club on the up and this will only make us stronger.

Nope, more disappointed that our manager came up short and doesn't feel inspired to give it another go with us next season. The manner of our defeat and Poyet's public reaction to it, given the backing he had from TB and the fans is what grates the most.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't expect to go up at any point this season, even when we secured a play-off spot, so no.

I'm disappointed in the lacklustre performance at the Amex and the resulting issues that have arisen. However, it's happened, we can't change it and we just need to look forward to next season, whomever is in charge and hope we can get to the promised land...whether that be the coming season or next.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No not at all. Always thought we weren't ready but then again when are you. Disappointed we lost to Them but I like the championship.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm ****ing fuming.
Proper manager.Proper team playing proper football,then back to the 70's.
No funding and no ambition.Pat Saward.Freddie Goodwin.
Let's always finish not quite good enough.
Mike Bamber was a genius compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.
You want a better manager than Gus Poyet?
You'll take a long time looking.
Money orientated scumdogs??

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Playoff semi final was a big disappointment and it all felt so possible in the first leg. Then again, the championship is good league and I'm far from 'angry' to see us in that league, steady at the top end (hopefully). Next season will be interesting because we'll be considered serious championship condenders. I look forward to meeting Leicester, Watford etc again. No need for anger, just need the management situation to settle before it gets even more frustrating.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm not angry we didn't go up

I'm not angry we didn't get to Wembley

I'm not angry we lost over 2 legs in the semi final

However, I'm absolutely googling furious we got knocked out by "them"

Any other team in the entire division, and I could have accepted it quite gracefully, but really, did it have to be Palace? It will take me a long time to get over that.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm ****ing fuming.
Proper manager.Proper team playing proper football,then back to the 70's.
No funding and no ambition.Pat Saward.Freddie Goodwin.
Let's always finish not quite good enough.
Mike Bamber was a genius compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.
You want a better manager than Gus Poyet?
You'll take a long time looking.
Wow !

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Annoyed rather than angry. And more about the dropped points that cost us automatic promotion. Bolton and Blackburn at home, Forest away......

Don't understand any criticism about how the club is run

The only thing I'm angry about is losing to Palace at our place, in the play off semi final, giving their team the opportunity to celebrate on OUR pitch.

That hurt, and will continue to hurt for many, many years.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If palace had not been involved in the playoffs we would all be talking up what great progress we had seen on the pitch and celebrating a 4th spot finish.

The problem is the palace factor has masked that and difficult to see beyond anger, disappointment and bewilderment they have got where we wanted to be

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I am not angry that we didn't go up. However I am absolutely gutted with the whole turn of events. Given our dominance in most games we should have got an automatic promotion place. Once we were in the playoffs it was a lottery anyway.

I am angry with Gus. His post match remarks have annoyed me all year. I expected him to move on with our blessing but was angry and disappointed at what he said after such a lacklustre performance. It showed a total lack of respect to the loyal fans.

I am also angry with the way The Sun and others raked the muck over poogate. The whole thing was ridiculous and needs to be forgotten.

I am disappointed in the feeling that at the end of the day Palace outshone us for the passion of their team and fans. They behaved well and deserved it.

I am disappointed at a rare lost opportunity. It won't be easy to be back where we were again, on the cusp of promotion, with a team full of flair and an exciting young manager.

All we can do now is hope and trust in TBs judgement...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here