Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are the pies at the stadium too expensive @ £4.10?

Are the pies too expensive?

• Yes, too expensive

Votes: 198 81.1%
  • Just about right price

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Too cheap

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Honourable mention must go to Huddersfield, who sell pies and hot dogs AFTER the match in the away end for a pound a piece.

Always buy from those guys for £1 a time post match, good idea as well.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
For the first time I can recall (or bothered to notice) there was a mountain of pies left when we exited on Saturday, and the queues at 45 mins were basically non-existent. Much as I want the club to do well FFP and all that, I would guess that sales overall of peripherals must have gone down. We have given up progs, and additionally refreshments are almost down to none.
A shame but a result of many aspects: Poor quality in the past, queues, running out, poor service and the fact that I have established that 3 hours without eating is indeed a possibility. Still have a few beers though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fish and chips outside at £6.50 offer better value but I am not sure 2 normal sausages (8s) with chips is VFM at £6.00 or a portion of chips at £3.00. Havent tried the hot dogs by the station that is next on the agenda. Have stopped buying a beer after the game and now go to Lewes and the station buffet bar.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
always brought a pie but £4.10 is taking the biscuit., now will do chips on route to ground. Not fans anymore, we are customers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We can uncover Paul Barber's NSC name if we find out!

Have the prices gone up every season or does it just feel like that?

I can't answer your question as I bought a pie in our first season at the Amex, it was ok but football stadium food does not impress me, until I saw this thread I haven't taken any notice of the price of a pie.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
For that I would expect organic free range meat and I would expect to actually have some inside the pie. However, what can I expect from a vendor that prices, good as he is, Ulloa at £8-10 million.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The same pies are priced at £2.50 at Amex (1 John Street) canteen. Can't see why they are just under £2 more at the stadium.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Great when the Amex opened but have gone down hill. Pastry normally very hard/burnt.

Over £4 would be fine if they were very good but they are not so £3.5 would be about right.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Too expensive, I'm only having two a game now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For that I would expect organic free range meat and I would expect to actually have some inside the pie. However, what can I expect from a vendor that prices, good as he is, Ulloa at £8-10 million.

Ulloa was too expensive. I would have expected him to have been roasted and honey glazed for that. The pie had bones in it.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Great when the Amex opened but have gone down hill. Pastry normally very hard/burnt.

Over £4 would be fine if they were very good but they are not so £3.5 would be about right.

So you'd be quite happy to pay £3.50 for shit food !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here