Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Kids getting worse?

chez said:
These days kids are taught to be peace loving and to embrace everyone no matter what their colour or race

Jesus, that's f***ing terrible :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

caz99 said:
a c#'£$. a swearword i hate.

That's gotta be a wind-up, you're advertising N"c#'£$"SP underneath your name :jester:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
South Central Worthing: A no go area for cabs now!

A teenager is fighting for life after he was beaten over the head with a metal bar as violence broke out in a town centre.

The 18-year-old, who has not been named, suffered serious head injuries in the attack outside Worthing Bowl on Friday night.

He was assaulted during a night of violence involving young people- the latest trouble in a series of incidents in the town.

The injured youth was taken to Worthing Hospital where his condition was last night described as critical but stable.

The attack happened between 9pm and 9.30pm outside the bowling alley in Marine Parade at the junction with Augusta Place.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: "The incident involved a number of youths who appeared to be fighting during the course of the evening at different places in the town."

A 16-year-old youth has been arrested and is helping police with their enquiries.

Detective sergeant Peter Yarrow, of Worthing CID, said: "We take all violent crime very seriously, it is a key priority.

"But it's too early to establish what the motive behind this attack was."

The bowling alley and a nearby multi-storey car park were closed to the public until 5pm on Saturday while forensics experts looked for evidence.

Ian Mardle, manager of Worthing Bowl, said staff were doing everything they could to assist police.

The incident has added to fears that Worthing was becoming a no-go area during the night, especially at weekends, despite police reporting that violent crime has fallen in the town.

It is also an example of how people in town's across Sussex fear there has been a rise in yob culture which is undermining their quality of life.

The Argus has reported how, across Sussex, people are complaining that drink-fuelled thugs regularly gather in groups up to 40 strong, burning cars, scrawling graffiti on walls and clashing with rival groups.

Some taxi drivers in Hailsham are refusing to drive down the high street at night for fear of having projectiles thrown at them. In the villages of East Preston and Rustington, underage drinkers have been accused of abusing shopkeepers and intimidate passers-by.

A drugs gang was suspected of an arson attack on the home of Charlie, 66, and Chris Fearn, 59, in Whitebeam Road, Durrington, on October 30.

The couple were left fighting for life in hospital. Police thought the attack was a case of mistaken identity after a drugs gang got the wrong address.

Police say crime in Worthing is down compared with last year with 1,200 fewer victims in the last 12 months.

Overall crime has fallen by 12.2 per cent and officers say the statistics include "significant reductions" in the number of robberies and a cut in violent crime.

They say Worthing is the only district in Sussex where there has also been a reduction in "public place" violent crime in the last 12 months.

However, Keith Mercer, the leader of Worthing Borough Council, said: "Incidents of drug and drink related crime are falling but unfortunately they are still happening."

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information about the incident in Marine Parade between 7pm and 9.30pm.

Anyone with any information can contact Sussex Police on 0845 6070999 or call the free and confidential Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.

Redhead said:
Why? if we can encourage different social groups we can move away from this over agressive chav b/s, and normal people can go to shopping centres without a sea of burberry and trackie bottoms.

I really don't think if you'd dressed these young scamps in Next gear that would really clear up the problem though :D

Not convinced by all the "chav" hype, sounds like most dumb teenagers down the years to me.

Still, here's a smart young businesswoman from the same part of London as me making a bit of money out of the media's love of chav-scapegoating, good luck to her :smokin:

For a second I'll be the fashion police
an' I'm just lookin' at your garms
you've been on too many catalogue sprees
with your grannyfied curtain designs, you're hurtin' my eyes
you really should revise your dress sense before you walk on by

I'm kinda mixed up in this disco inferno
baggy jeans and a tight top, lemonade and perno
I'm stickin out like a sore thumb but I aint concerned though, no-uh-oh-uh-oh!
Boogieeeeeee!

Fling on an adidas hoodie an' jus' boogie-woogie wit me! oooh..
or you can just put on your dancing shoes and get loose, can you? get loose, can you?
fling on an adidas hoodie an' jus' boogie-woogie wit me! oooh..
or you can just put on your dancing shoes and get loose, can you? get loose, can you?

So I was up in this trendy bar minglin'
my keys around my neck were jingling
and you was looking at me like it was my bling

You were staring at me like to say I was ginger
I was dishing out the same dirt »look trust me, you’re the minger!«
»ugh! who's she? who's that? who's herrrr?«
the bouncer was approaching me cos I was dressed really inappropriately
no hoods, no caps
no this, no that
let's roll uh-oh-uh-oh! out!

Right everybody! You got someone you can't dress properly, yeah? You need to direct them this way!

Why not just cut up all your old clothes
and make a cloth so I can wrap myself up when I'm feeling cold? *brrr!*
why not dash your ugly boots on a fire and burn em down to charcoal
if you're not feelin the way that your bredrin is dressin
don’t be stressin, send them in my direction pleeeeeease...

And I’ll tell them
black shoes, white socks - no-oh-oh-oh-oh!
polka dots - no-oh-oh-oh-oh!
flowery frocks - no-oh-oh-oh-oh!
Just boogie-woogie-woogie-woogie wit meeeeeeee!

E

enigma

Ah, Lady Sovereign LI. Wouldn't have thought she was your cup of tea! Good luck to her, but I'm not sure she's very good, bit of a gimmick if you ask me. But rumour has it Jay-Z was interested in signing her to Def Jam so she must be doing something right.

She's from Wembley if I'm not wrong. Whereabouts are you from?

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
chez said:
With regards to the poppy issue that was first mentioned in this thread I blame political correctness. These days kids are taught to be peace loving and to embrace everyone no matter what their colour or race - this in it self is obviously not a bad thing but with these teachings you lose the immence pride in your country that made these veterans fight for Great Britain in the first place. Unfortunately, I believe that a lot of the kids nowadays see the war vets as violent gits rather than great heroes as we did in our day.

what a crock of shit

enigma said:

She's from the Chalk Hill estate, which is half-Neasden, half-Wembley. One of the better immigrant estates, didn't riot in the 1980s. I'm from Neasden but went to the school that was built into the Chalk Hill estate. Hence I'm proud she's making it, we don't produce many famous people :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Virgos Magician said:
Being in the age range of 0-16, ill like to give a point of view from us.

well said virgos magician.

and all the people who say "all kids this" and all kids that" - a lot of unthinking rubbish. There are kids who hang around and cause trouble - same as there ever was.

I am a great believer in the benefits of organised sport for kids. I suspect if we made it easy for these kids to join clubs by subsidising their fees and providing equipment say, - the same people would object as we were rewarding them for being yobs.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
enigma said:
Ah, Lady Sovereign LI. Wouldn't have thought she was your cup of tea! Good luck to her, but I'm not sure she's very good, bit of a gimmick if you ask me. But rumour has it Jay-Z was interested in signing her to Def Jam so she must be doing something right.

Jay Z did want to sign her! Shes a class act, doesn't write songs about guns or shooting people either! :clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
I f***ing hate this attitude. The reason kids turn out to be utter scrotes and chavs is f*** all to do with the government of the day and everything to do with a culture of not having to take responsibility for your actions. And that is down the parents not doing their jobs at a time when teachers are powerless to exert much discipline in the classroom, short of excluding the pupils.

Spot on Simster why is the government any more responsible than it would have been 100 years ago ?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Maybe not, but I know from personal experience that they have no respect for them and what they did. My girlfriends son stated during the Trafalgar comemerations that it wasnt an important day and it wouldnt have mattered if we had lost that battle because we shouldnt have been fighting in the first place - he has the same view about WW1 & WW2 and claims his school mates feel the same way. :nono:

It is because the little git wants to be French:angry: :angry: :angry: :tosser:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Are Kids getting worse?

Theatre of Trees said:
Was this Lancing? If so I probably have the pleasure in teaching them as I work at Boundstone. Did the fat one have long, straight blond hair and have a screechy voice?

yes it was lancing. most of the time it is.

the same thing upsets me when i went to visit my fathers grave in durrington on saturday evening and vandals had decided to kick a few gravestones over and throw a few flowers about. whats that about?

oh and LI what are you talking about ? its not a windup i dont like the word C%&* and its not under my username on here. i dont say it

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Re: Are Kids getting worse?

caz99 said:

oh and LI what are you talking about ? its not a windup i dont like the word C%&* and its not under my username on here. i dont say it

I think you will find it is LI having a pop at NSP and not you. Everyone knows the sort of stuff that is on NSP and thus you have been judged by the others standards:nono:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richard Whiteley said:
what a crock of shit

As constructive an argument as ever:tosser:

What Chez said is not a total COS as you so elequently put it. He is talking about patriotism which is something sadly lacking in this country. Of course peace is a good thing to promote but the passion for a country should never be allowed to dwindle. Saying that, I would rather live in Oz:lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Kids getting worse?

B.M.F said:
I think you will find it is LI having a pop at NSP and not you. Everyone knows the sort of stuff that is on NSP and thus you have been judged by the others standards:nono:

aaaah i see. well NSP is different isnt it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
B.M.F said:
As constructive an argument as ever:tosser:

What Chez said is not a total COS as you so elequently put it. He is talking about patriotism which is something sadly lacking in this country. Of course peace is a good thing to promote but the passion for a country should never be allowed to dwindle. Saying that, I would rather live in Oz:lolol:

I dont think kids are being brought up as peace loving. THey are being brought up in a violent volatile state, and are not taught to repsect people. The veterans, dont wear hoodies or have blindingly white trainers so they are not worthy of respecting! They dont have a clue what the veterans went through as they dont pay attention in class, if they turn up at all, as they have short attention spans due to junk food, e additives and too little exercise.

E

enigma

London Irish said:
She's from the Chalk Hill estate, which is half-Neasden, half-Wembley. One of the better immigrant estates, didn't riot in the 1980s. I'm from Neasden but went to the school that was built into the Chalk Hill estate. Hence I'm proud she's making it, we don't produce many famous people :)

Ah ok, I knew she was from somewhere up there. She's had quite an interesting rise to fame, if you like. She didnt follow the usual path to success from that scene, that is to say going on a lot of pirate radio stations and performing at raves, like for example Dizzee Rascal. So really, she doesnt have much of an underground following, but she's actually better known in the mainstream than a lot of people from the underground. She was on a remix of The Streets song fit but you know it, which will have helped.

As I said, I'm still not sure about her musically, but maybe I need to gvie her more of a chance. She's certainly marketed herself well, she's a real character, and she's got a more radio friendly image than a lot of people from that scene. Good luck to her, breaking into the music business is hard, especially coming from an estate, so I wish her all the best.

Does Neasden have a big Irish community? I know Kilburn does, I've seen all the Irish pubs showing the hurling etc. One thing that baffles me, how come you ended up supporting the Albion?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Re: Re: Are Kids getting worse?

Theatre of Trees said:
Kids need boundaries and in most cases want them, it needs responsible adults to set them.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the key issue. It's the responsibility of parents to make sure these boundaries are enforced in conjunction with schools.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Re: Are Kids getting worse?

Barnet Seagull said:
As far as I'm concerned, this is the key issue. It's the responsibility of parents to make sure these boundaries are enforced in conjunction with schools.

Which is all well and good when you have parents that are at home. With the cost of living etc it is impossible for a family to have only one bread winner which is why Kids run riot as they have no one home bringing them up in a manner that is suitable for people of my age and above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here