Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apparently done deals

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Why wouldn't he sign? We are obviously on the up and Gus has publicly said he could be the best striker in the league. Have confidence he will sign, and if he doesn't...it is not the end of the world.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
For quite a while now the rumour mill has been churning out the Glenn Murray isn't happy/settled/wants to go back up north and how ever much it pains me to say it I don't think his heart is in it with us. I firmly believe he is one of the best strikers outside the premier league but he clearly isn't playing to his ability and if he wants away then so be it. If the hype of Charlie Austin being a replacement then I'll gladly take it if he wants to genuinely play for us, as Murray at present I don't think he cares either way! I have the utmost faith in Poyet and if he is willing to sell a talent like Murrey then its quite obvious he isn't in the long term plans for our club for a reason and i can't help but think that those initial rumours are true! Rather have players wanting to play for Brighton and the fans rather than somebody looking for the next club to buy them. Shame.......him playing to his best and the likes of Austin together up front would be awsome!!!!!!!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
murray will be going in jan if he doesnt sign a new deal (which looks likely)

what about all the other players that have yet to sign new contracts then (I think Dicker, El-Abd, Navarro and probably more), will we be selling them? Why is it always Murray that people on here think will be off. Since Poyet has come in he has said he enjoys playing under him and in turn Poyet has said he rates him but would like him to be more consistent, don't strike me as meaning a player will be off

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
what about all the other players that have yet to sign new contracts then (I think Dicker, El-Abd, Navarro and probably more),

I thought El Abd signed a new deal last year (which played a part in the Forster stuff).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im going to tell Glenn to sign a new deal at the xmas party tonight....well i might get the 8 year old to tell him too... be better coming from him :)

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I agree with brightonrock if we could couple him up with a high scoring striker then our goals for, would improve but am not sure if Murray could hold his place if we are promoted.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Noone deal is at a very advanced stage, from what I've been told. But us losing Murray in January is just plain bullshit.

one things for sure, he won't be part of a swap deal for Noone - Plymouth now have a transfer embargo on them until they settle with good old HMRC.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dont think Murray will leave. (at least I bloody hope not ) There hasn`t been any tantrums from him or public statements about him being unsettled so would other clubs have been alerted ?

Austin alongside might get my juices going though.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i really hope we get noone . him and bennett down the wings mmmm . murray and austin up front . champions !!! i dont think we'll get austin though

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
i really hope we get noone . him and bennett down the wings mmmm . murray and austin up front . champions !!! i dont think we'll get austin though

Noone will be a class signing and will for sure improve us.

Im not sure what nutter started the Austin rumour...they are going to want about 2 mil for him and theres no way in a million years we will spend even half that!

Get real guys

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
A host of Championship clubs are confirmed to be interested in Austin. As fun as it is, I really think its unnecessarily raising expectations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here