Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll be disappointed if they both go, but right now I am resigned to it. If either of them stay I will be delighted and pleasantly surprised. That said we have seen two relatively unknown players blossom into genuine world class stars and it has been a pleasure to watch them. If they do leave I am confident we will get the money that we want, and then we have a new adventure to look forward too as we wish both Alexis and Moises well in their future careers.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess there could be a ludicrous release clause. 110m+ I think romano just keeps mentioning it to wind barber and Naylor up. He's got a weird obsession with our club as we all know.
It's because he was made to look silly with the Cucurella transfer to CIty story last summer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I also think must clubs ignore him. The fact that we tried to humiliate him hasn't gone down well with his fragile ego.
I can believe that he will get fed info from agents in an attempt to engineer transfers, but he's certainly got zero inside info on BHA's position on anything. Whereas when Naylor comes out with a tweet saying categorically tha BHA haven't accepted any offer for a player at the current time (as was the case relating to Mac Allister yesterday), then that's effectively coming directly from Paul Barber himself, and is very reassuring that the club don't see a sale as inevitable unless a rediculous offer comes in.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
These players play well because they play for us in a system they like and which works well for them. It’s not a given by any means that they’ll flourish playing for another club in a different system with different players and different pressures and irrespective of how much the other club pays for them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
These players play well because they play for us in a system they like and which works well for them. It’s not a given by any means that they’ll flourish playing for another club in a different system with different players and different pressures and irrespective of how much the other club pays for them.
…proven this can be the case with Biss and Cucu.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think anyone thinks Mac will be here next season, but can we really afford to lose Moises too?

After the Jan window, you would suspect any serious bid for Moises from a champions league team, would be difficult to ignore.
I doubt Caicedo or his agent, would react well to us blocking an offer, in the £70-80m bracket.

Equally we have only had 50 appearances from him, so I can see we would feel, it isn't the right time for him to go.
It will be interesting how this plays out.

This.

Quite honestly, he’s brilliant.

He just rarely loses possession, makes great decisions. Magnificent.
I think there is an honest difference of opinion here. For me, he does lose the ball/incomplete passes too much for a player bracketed in the 70m range. For sure, though, not for the 3m-7m we bought him for - a great signing on that benchmark. It's Caicedo who is the young monster you can't get the ball off of, and may possibly force a rethink of how totally purist we'll be passing out from the back next season.

This !!

Massively overrated since the world cup. Would love to see his pass completion rate in the last 10 games, gives it away so much by overcomplicating.

He's Wiley but not particularly fast. And his shooting and assist numbers are not good enough as above.

He also missed that open goal at palace from about 5 yards out.

Really interested to see how he does at a bigger club. At Liverpool you have to be a top top consistent player to fit in. Jury's out for me.
Nothing to do with his nerveless penalty but he absolutely bossed the Man U game and you think yes that's the player who created all those headlines in the World Cup. Then in many of his other games, he doesn't hit those levels. It's a strange one and possibly is about baseline expectations. Liverpool pay top dollar and their expectations will be through the roof - OK, let's see, could go either way for me as with Cucu

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yes, this keeps crossing my mind too. I guess top footballers can adapt to various managers and styles of play. But there's no doubt that De Zerbi brings out the very best in our group, and I wouldn't be completely sure they'd hit those heights as part of a team playing a much different system.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't think anyone thinks Mac will be here next season, but can we really afford to lose Moises too?

After the Jan window, you would suspect any serious bid for Moises from a champions league team, would be difficult to ignore.
I doubt Caicedo or his agent, would react well to us blocking an offer, in the £70-80m bracket.

Equally we have only had 50 appearances from him, so I can see we would feel, it isn't the right time for him to go.
It will be interesting how this plays out.
I think they will both stay. RDZ has made the club aim higher than they were. Keeping them is the best way to aim high.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think there is an honest difference of opinion here. For me, he does lose the ball/incomplete passes too much for a player bracketed in the 70m range. For sure, though, not for the 3m-7m we bought him for - a great signing on that benchmark. It's Caicedo who is the young monster you can't get the ball off of, and may possibly force a rethink of how totally purist we'll be passing out from the back next season.
I think Caicedo is excellent as well, but Mac Allisters movement, availability and decision making is at times faultless. I do think £70m - £80m, but then I thin Caicedo is £85m - £90m…..

Do feel you’re being a little harsh, but it is about opinions and will have to disagree 😃👍

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Do you know what's going to make me sad when we lose Ally Mac.

It's the fact that there will be people willing to start threads saying 'see, i told you he was over rated' if he doesn't have a worldy. It'll happen because people are desperate to be proven right. Even - especially - when they're wrong.

It's sad that people can't appreciate what we have.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We have, for the first time, a batch of top quality players, none of who, you could say is signifi better than another. Our problem is who can we replace in order to balance the budget. Existing Players will want to renegotiate contracts, now we are a top side. We will need to shift Mac and Cac to create enough money to cover running costs and appropriate replacements from the seemingly bottomless well in which TB drops his magic bucket.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Another article in The Times today perhaps serving as a caution why these players should think very carefully before leaving - unless it's the call of big, big money of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here