Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
New contracts signed by both, increasing our ability to stand firm on prices. Reading between the lines on some PB comments. The rumours about “done” deals.

I think there is more than a little truth in it. TB will have a price in mind for both, clubs know they can’t piss him about from our position of strength and know from the Caicedo January saga and Cucu last Summer that he can‘t be bullied.

I get the feeling TB will want to get business done early on sales if his price is met which it may well have been already imo.

De Zerbi’s comments today in the Argus just reinforce my thinking-

The head coach wants his squad to be stronger next season as they look to back-up another top-half finish.

But he thinks they will lose “some important players” in the coming months

It’ll be sad but it’s inevitable isn’t it?

Thoughts?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Its simple the youth have been aloud to get away iy

Bring back the birch and National service nd that will cure all are problems

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Alexis is almost certainly on his way, to Liverpool i expect.
With Moises I’m not so sure. Arsenal will be interested but Declan Rice seems to be their main target. I can’t see them buying both Rice and Caicedo.
Who else will spend the money to get Moises? Man United possibly, but their main target is a striker.
There are other players around such as Mason Mount who will tempt the big teams.
There is then Chelsea, but from a FFP perspective they will be hampered and they need to find a way to bring in Joao Felix. Plus no European football for them and so they are less of a draw.
Spurs, no way.
Liverpool, doubt it as they are after Alexis.
If Real Madrid come in with an offer then Moises would be very keen, understandably, but they are apparently forerunners to get Bellingham, so that ones unlikely.
So yes, it’s possible Moises will go but I’m not sure he will.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is there many people who think we won't ? <<EDIT - yes . ha ! see above EDIT >> I'd say its pretty much baked in , in terms of expectations now. The interesting question - is anyone else ? (I think Sanchez is likely)

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
New contracts signed by both, increasing our ability to stand firm on prices. Reading between the lines on some PB comments. The rumours about “done” deals.

I think there is more than a little truth in it. TB will have a price in mind for both, clubs know they can’t piss him about from our position of strength and know from the Caicedo January saga and Cucu last Summer that he can‘t be bullied.

I get the feeling TB will want to get business done early on sales if his price is met which it may well have been already imo.

De Zerbi’s comments today in the Argus just reinforce my thinking-

The head coach wants his squad to be stronger next season as they look to back-up another top-half finish.

But he thinks they will lose “some important players” in the coming months

It’ll be sad but it’s inevitable isn’t it?

Thoughts?
What if someone offers Solly silly money too?

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I think it depends in Europe. If we don’t, we are in danger of losing both and maybe Mitoma, Solly and Pervis too. If we do, I’d like to think that they both may stay for one more season. As long as it’s not Chelsea, I wouldn’t begrudge either for leaving. They both have done superbly and deserve to play at the highest level they can. Moises in particular has shown tremendous character since the January fiasco. I’d say he has earned his right to move this summer if he chooses.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it depends in Europe. If we don’t, we are in danger of losing both and maybe Mitoma, Solly and Pervis too. If we do, I’d like to think that they both may stay for one more season. As long as it’s not Chelsea, I wouldn’t begrudge either for leaving. They both have done superbly and deserve to play at the highest level they can. Moises in particular has shown tremendous character since the January fiasco. I’d say he has earned his right to move this summer if he chooses.
Not this rubbish about players wanting Europe again. Pervis joined us from a team that made the semi final of the champions League, and he played !!

Players don't care that much about Europe outside of the champions League.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
100% nailed on.

The question is whether we'll lose Mitoma too.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yes I think both will go. I think both have said enough over the past few months to indicate they feel it’s time to move on.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Alexis is almost certainly on his way, to Liverpool i expect.
With Moises I’m not so sure. Arsenal will be interested but Declan Rice seems to be their main target. I can’t see them buying both Rice and Caicedo.
Who else will spend the money to get Moises? Man United possibly, but their main target is a striker.
There are other players around such as Mason Mount who will tempt the big teams.
There is then Chelsea, but from a FFP perspective they will be hampered and they need to find a way to bring in Joao Felix. Plus no European football for them and so they are less of a draw.
Spurs, no way.
Liverpool, doubt it as they are after Alexis.
If Real Madrid come in with an offer then Moises would be very keen, understandably, but they are apparently forerunners to get Bellingham, so that ones unlikely.
So yes, it’s possible Moises will go but I’m not sure he will.
Good comparisons 👍. I also wonder if Bloom has a preferred yardstick of keeping a very good player for 3 years before sale: Alexis is over that line, Moises and Mitoma not yet. I know it's not likely to be a fixed rule, as any fantastic offer will be accepted. We'll see.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep - expect them both to go.

My concern is the likes of Mitoma and Estupinan. The latter seems to go very much under the radar, but I can't believe no bigger clubs have noticed how consistently outstanding he has been.

Solly March may have some suitors too such have been the level of his performances and, if an offer does come in, it might be his last chance to try something new/different/bigger.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Not this rubbish about players wanting Europe again. Pervis joined us from a team that made the semi final of the champions League, and he played !!

Players don't care that much about Europe outside of the champions League.
Agree - and I think they want to compete in it, not just play in the early stages. When they talk about 'Champions League football', I always assume that is shorthand for 'I want to play in a team who has a shot at genuinely competing in the CL'... which is at best 2-3 clubs from each of the top five leagues.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100%. Europa conference league isn’t going to cut if champions league clubs are after them

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If AliMac does go, I really really hope we can file this under bullshit 😮

IMG_6878.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here