Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I think it depends in Europe.
Any move would be upwards and more money, don't think whether we make Europe or not will make any difference. TBF if we did make Europe our players could rightly question their wages in comparison to other teams in the same spot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They might be in for him or just interested but it doesn't mean much, they're a basket case of a club. I reckon Mac Allister isn't particularly desperate to join them, especially as all the reports about him mention he wants champions league football.

Its probably just the Express putting 2 and 2 together and getting God knows what. World cup winning team mate, Chelsea have taken players, manager, coaches and staff from us, theyre trying ti buy every player under the sun-easy story.
Yep, hope so!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think Caceido is going anywhere if they turned down £70m in profit in January then it’s not all about the dollars. People may disagree I don’t think Caceido is ready for a big move just yet if you watch him closely he tires around the 70 minute mark quite regularly and I’m not just talking about recently. Mitoma definitely won’t leave this summer and fully expect him to sign a new deal another player who is struggling with his first full season in the PL fitness wise.
Macalister possibly although the suitors will need a shed load so it narrows it down somewhat. We certainly won’t sell three of our best players that would be madness.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would seem reasonable for Caicedo to stay for one more season - he's about three years younger than Mac, and hasn't been with us for as long. We might be able to sell that idea to Moises - but I doubt his agent will be having it!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
New contracts signed by both, increasing our ability to stand firm on prices. Reading between the lines on some PB comments. The rumours about “done” deals.

I think there is more than a little truth in it. TB will have a price in mind for both, clubs know they can’t piss him about from our position of strength and know from the Caicedo January saga and Cucu last Summer that he can‘t be bullied.

I get the feeling TB will want to get business done early on sales if his price is met which it may well have been already imo.

De Zerbi’s comments today in the Argus just reinforce my thinking-

The head coach wants his squad to be stronger next season as they look to back-up another top-half finish.

But he thinks they will lose “some important players” in the coming months

It’ll be sad but it’s inevitable isn’t it?

Thoughts?
Both are all but gone unfortunately, that said in the clubs entire history, players come players go.

For the older fans amongst us, we can in some ways draw comparisons with the summer of 1981, Mark Lawrenson the finest player to ever pull on an Albion shirt departed, also the hugely influential Brian Horton left after 5 years sterling service.

4 players came in Case, Grealish, Gatting and Nelson.

Obviously Sammy Nelson was in the autumn of his career, but the other three were hugely significant signings, who all hit the ground running, and that’s the key, whoever we replace Alexis and Moises with have to effectively come straight in rather than be ‘developed’, or do we already have the ready made replacements already at the club or do we have to got out and spend big?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yes , I expect both gone and maybe more. De Zerbi said this week that we would lose playerS in the summer - such a shame.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think both will go. The club have repeatedly say that if other clubs match our valuation then the club won't stand in the way of moves.
With the amount of money in the upper echelons of football at the moment I sadly feel that there will be clubs willing to pay our valuation.

Anyone thinking that if that happens there is still the question of if they will want to leave, is being nieve. They would go in a flash if they are offered double or triple their wages on 5 year deals.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm still clinging to the possibly deluded idea that Alexis will stay.

He's won the biggest prize in football while playing for us. He clearly loves being here. He seems to have an amazing bond with his teammates and the staff. He's helped us to our highest ever finish, is adored by the fans, and knows we're about to embark on the next phase of our adventure with one of the world's most exciting coaches at the helm. We're playing a style of football that is dazzling pundits all over the world.

Is Liverpool really going to be as much fun? Yes, it's a huge club, and it would be huge money. But does he really, really want the move? I'm not convinced, yet.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

He's won the biggest prize in football while playing for us. He clearly loves being here. He seems to have an amazing bond with his teammates and the staff. He's helped us to our highest ever finish, is adored by the fans, and knows we're about to embark on the next phase of our adventure with one of the world's most exciting coaches at the helm. We're playing a style of football that is dazzling pundits all over the world.

Is Liverpool really going to be as much fun? Yes, it's a huge club, and it would be huge money. But does he really, really want the move? I'm not convinced, yet.
And he would have to move to bin-dipper land from the lovely South Downs...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. He'll be in the same European competition, and with a similar chance of winning the Premier League (slim).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

It's not deluded, it's a real possibility. Of course Alexis and will representatives will be looking at offers from higher paying clubs. Not doubting that at all.

But one of these clubs will have to stump up the amount of money which makes it worth it to the club for TB sell him.

Now given we need to sign more players for next season in Europe, that amount of money, and probably only Tony and Paul have an figure in mind, is likely to be a lot. There are a few clubs who have that amount of money, but as suggested earlier in the thread, there are a lot of other CL level midfielders likely to be on the move and a lot of them are from clubs with a weaker financial position or the player has a shorter contract. Also at least 2 of the likely clubs have a glaring deficiencies in other positions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I often think my glasses are as blue-and-white striped as the next Albion fan.

...until I read posts from people who think that one of our players may choose to remain at the Amex over a move to Liverpool, should the opportunity arise.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

...until I read posts from people who think that one of our players may choose to remain at the Amex over a move to Liverpool, should the opportunity arise.
Not only that, I think that if it happens he should actually be encouraged to go. The man in world class, and would leave this club as an all-time legend having just won a world cup on our watch and overseen our highest place finish, a Europa league place and a FAC semi final. There are kids who 40 years from now will be getting all misty eyed over him, and rightly so.

I would absolutely hate for him to stay here, and for things to slide for both parties. Think of Vardy at Leicester.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Liverpool = more money, more prestige, opportunity in the Champions League (1 year), realistic chance of winning Europa, realistic chance of fighting for PL.

Overall if Alexis ambition is big he won't turn down Liverpool. It would be what he has dreamt of! Careers are short and can turn in seconds. He'd be daft to stay!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yep, this, sadly.

If it was Newcastle or Chelsea he was being strongly linked with then I would think yes, we had a chance of keeping him. But Liverpool are up there with Real and Barca as dream moves for players they don’t turn down.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
If Liverpool don’t come up with the required cash - he isn’t going. Simple’s

All very well for his dad to comment on personal terms agreed etc, but meaningless if Liverpool will only pay 40 or 50MM

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not only that, I think that if it happens he should actually be encouraged to go. The man in world class, and would leave this club as an all-time legend having just won a world cup on our watch and overseen our highest place finish, a Europa league place and a FAC semi final. There are kids who 40 years from now will be getting all misty eyed over him, and rightly so.

I would absolutely hate for him to stay here, and for things to slide for both parties. Think of Vardy at Leicester.
Vardy more than 10 years older than Alexis of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here