Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I think Mac will go and if the price is 70/75 million then that's fantastic for us. Especially as he has been nowhere near as effective in the no.10 role since the world cup. We would clearly miss him if he did go, but he now seems replaceable given his slightly disappointing goals/assists in open play. We're far better with him as a DM and Gross as the 10.

Caicedo is the problem and no clear succession planning in place for him. I think he'll stay unless the offer reaches the 100 million mark. If Rice goes to Arsenal I'm not sure who else is paying that. If he does stay it'll be with agreement he can 100% leave the following summer.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Ali Mac leaves with our blessing. Caicedo has a group of national team mates with him here that no one else can replicate. Besides the issue of the fee, I think that could be a deciding factor on whether he chooses to leave or not.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not only that, I think that if it happens he should actually be encouraged to go. The man in world class, and would leave this club as an all-time legend having just won a world cup on our watch and overseen our highest place finish, a Europa league place and a FAC semi final. There are kids who 40 years from now will be getting all misty eyed over him, and rightly so.

I would absolutely hate for him to stay here, and for things to slide for both parties. Think of Vardy at Leicester.
When I think of Vardy I think of 27 England caps, a PL Winner, FACup Winner, Charity Shield and Championship. If he stayed here and we won that lot we’d all be happy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At least we've moved on from the days when the likes of Villa, West Ham or even Leeds were linked with our best players. No one seriously thinks* any more that those clubs represent a 'step up' for our top stars.

*Outside the most terminally-deluded fans of those clubs, obviously.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Feels like the right time for Alexis to move on if the fee is agreeable to Tony.

Now we have European football, we're not desperate for the £ and Moises is on his new salary he could conceivably stay another season... Fingers crossed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd take losing just one of them.

I've a feeling we'll replace AMac no problem, I don't think he's consistently reproduced his World Cup form here. I do wonder if he's something of a bubble stock but we'll see in years to come. Caicedo is a different kettle of fish altogether, on his day our best player, but by playing him at RB we've been testing the waters for a life without him. I'll expect we'll get by, given the spending capacity we have now

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
and dont forget we have Dahoud & Milner (hopefully) arriving and current sick notes Sarmiento, Alzate & Moder to return too

Plus whoever else Uncle tony might have up his sleeve

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
My biggest concern about Ali Mac going is the sense (that I get anyway) that he is an important role model to the younger S. American players .. as hopefully they fulfill much of the potential that they all have, a sensible head that can relate to them as young players, who will need to be patient at times if their form dips , or get injured etc. is invaluable .. others can play that role model too of course , but “one of their own” with language etc must help

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Feels like the right time for Alexis to move on if the fee is agreeable to Tony.

Now we have European football, we're not desperate for the £ and Moises is on his new salary he could conceivably stay another season... Fingers crossed.
AliMac is a wonderful footballer and is getting better. He should stay for our debut European season. If there’s any substance (unlikely) in any of this conjecture, then he might be persuaded to leave for our Europa and top 6 opponents Liverpool. 😎

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
AliMac is a wonderful footballer and is getting better. He should stay for our debut European season. If there’s any substance (unlikely) in any of this conjecture, then he might be persuaded to leave for our Europa and top 6 opponents Liverpool. 😎
Plus it would mean him living in liverpool, Brighton is way cooler with far less scousers.

seagull51

Dec 30, 2009
I've a feeling we'll replace AMac no problem, I don't think he's consistently reproduced his World Cup form here. I do wonder if he's something of a bubble stock but we'll see in years to come. Caicedo is a different kettle of fish altogether, on his day our best player, but by playing him at RB we've been testing the waters for a life without him. I'll expect we'll get by, given the spending capacity we have now
I agree he's a 'bubble stock'. It looks to me like he really slows down our play a lot by holding the ball too long (I'm no de zerbi though). On the counter he'll often have many runners in front, and do a good job carrying the ball 1/4 of the pitch up, but then try take a man on instead of just doing the easy pass. He also struggles to finish and doesn't put enough balls through for someone who doesn't directly assist or score. There was a period just after the world cup he was very unlucky to not score 2 a game, when he was playing a big role in our attack. I think if he scores those he'd have become a monster; but he didn't and ended up wasting a lot of our attacks in vital games, so he was moved deeper again. Cashing in on him while the hype is big is a good idea. I reckon he'll struggle to get a spot though, then as he hits his late 20s struggle with injury making him even slower. My awful take is even if he doesn't go in the summer we should aim to replace him in the first team.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
It would be difficult to wish them success at any of the Big 6 clubs - would rather if either/both were to leave, they went abroad. It is therefore unfortunate that the ability of Italian and Spanish clubs to splash the cash as they have in the past has diminished. The main foreign suitor now would probably be PSG.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
No problem. We will find someone else. After all, RDZ anticipated Caicedo's absence in midfield by making him play as a RB. Gilmour doesn't have the same physical power. But he's a smart guy, a Jorgino distributor. I don't think McAllister will be missed much, just my impression. A player like Gross is much more important to me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No problem. We will find someone else. After all, RDZ anticipated Caicedo's absence in midfield by making him play as a RB. Gilmour doesn't have the same physical power. But he's a smart guy, a Jorgino distributor. I don't think McAllister will be missed much, just my impression. A player like Gross is much more important to me.
He played at right back because we are down to the bare bones of a squad not because of some sort of trial.
It’s not the first time I’ve seen fans say Mac won’t be missed much and I think you are all bonkers, there is a reason why clubs bigger than us will be fighting over his signature shame our own fans can’t see why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here