Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He played at right back because we are down to the bare bones of a squad not because of some sort of trial.
It’s not the first time I’ve seen fans say Mac won’t be missed much and I think you are all bonkers, there is a reason why clubs bigger than us will be fighting over his signature shame our own fans can’t see why.
Agreed - the "we won't miss Ali Mac, he's not actually that good anyway" viewpoint is astounding. He's flourished into a Rolls Royce of a player - makes it all look so easy and comfortable, incredible close control in tight spaces and tough to knock off the ball.

He's a world away from the young player we first brought over from Argentina - it's been a real pleasure to be able to watch his development over the last few years.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed - the "we won't miss Ali Mac, he's not actually that good anyway" viewpoint is astounding. He's flourished into a Rolls Royce of a player - makes it all look so easy and comfortable, incredible close control in tight spaces and tough to knock off the ball.

He's a world away from the young player we first brought over from Argentina - it's been a real pleasure to be able to watch his development over the last few years.
This.

Quite honestly, he’s brilliant.

He just rarely loses possession, makes great decisions. Magnificent.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I pretty certain it's more a case of whose absence would be noticed more out of the two rather than Ali Mac won't be missed
The impossible dream ? Both stay at least another season please Tony

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

All true, and of course if he was English, he'd be about 7th in the pecking order. Southgate would be pondering who take on the plane - him, Dwight McNeil or Dele Ali.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

It's incredible isn't it? I can't believe what I'm reading. He's the player who literally makes us tick. Has dragged us through games and never ever loses the ball. And yet he's going to be easily replaced. 😒

If that's the case Liverpool should just buy one of his many ready replacements.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

He is very very good BUT he is far away from the final package and he is replacable. He doesn't score enough or assist enough for his position as an attacking midfielder. He's a fantastic penalty taker and that is an asset but take those away and he's only scored 4 non penalty goals in 33 games. For his talent and how often he plays far up the pitch that is quite poor. He misses way too many chances and only has 2 assists. He is replaceable

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He is very very good BUT he is far away from the final package and he is replacable. He doesn't score enough or assist enough for his position as an attacking midfielder. He's a fantastic penalty taker and that is an asset but take those away and he's only scored 4 non penalty goals in 33 games. For his talent and how often he plays far up the pitch that is quite poor. He misses way too many chances and only has 2 assists. He is replaceable
This !!

Massively overrated since the world cup. Would love to see his pass completion rate in the last 10 games, gives it away so much by overcomplicating.

He's Wiley but not particularly fast. And his shooting and assist numbers are not good enough as above.

He also missed that open goal at palace from about 5 yards out.

Really interested to see how he does at a bigger club. At Liverpool you have to be a top top consistent player to fit in. Jury's out for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe instead of selling him we could loan him out to a Championship side, let him work on his game, and consider bringing him back the season after next.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
The reason I've said that he's replaceable/would be happy if we got 75 million, is only in the context of the position he's currently playing. When he plays alongside Caicedo he's our best player, when he plays no.10 he's not. He's still one of of our best players and you can see his qualities every single game, but you can see life without him from his open play goals/assists contribution.

That doesn't mean I want him to leave, or think they he couldn't get better in the 10 role, or think he's our closest thing to a world class player, it's just all in context of how we use him at the moment and the fact he is very likely to go.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Maybe instead of selling him we could loan him out to a Championship side, let him work on his game, and consider bringing him back the season after next.
Strange response? I said he's extremely good but as a #10 he's just not good enough there yet and you respond as if I said he's awful?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strange response? I said he's extremely good but as a #10 he's just not good enough there yet and you respond as if I said he's awful?
It wasn't aimed at you particularly. As I said, I remain dumbfounded at those who talk down his game as if he were some sort of journeyman footballer going through the motions, and we can just pick another one up at the Pound Shop.

His finishing could certainly be better - it's something I've expressed frustration with several times - but I'll forgive that for his all-round game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No problem. We will find someone else. After all, RDZ anticipated Caicedo's absence in midfield by making him play as a RB. Gilmour doesn't have the same physical power. But he's a smart guy, a Jorgino distributor. I don't think McAllister will be missed much, just my impression. A player like Gross is much more important to me.
He played Caicedo as RB because the next available option would've been Doris the tea lady.
’Release clause’ 🙄🙄

Maybe it's another of those release clauses where BHA aren't obliged to sell, that aren't actually a release clause at all, like the mythical clause in Caicedo's contract.

Fans of big-6 clubs seem convinced that all our players have release clauses, despite the fact that hardly any players in England have them and we have never done them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He played Caicedo as RB because the next available option would've been Doris the tea lady.

Maybe it's another of those release clauses where BHA aren't obliged to sell, that aren't actually a release clause at all, like the mythical clause in Caicedo's contract.

Fans of big-6 clubs seem convinced that all our players have release clauses, despite the fact that hardly any players in England have them and we have never done them.
I guess there could be a ludicrous release clause. 110m+ I think romano just keeps mentioning it to wind barber and Naylor up. He's got a weird obsession with our club as we all know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It will be a big step for him from the scrutiny he faces at Brighton compared to the microscope and expectations at somewhere like Liverpool - some very good players have gone there and struggled especially centre of the park.

His pass completion rate is good, over 87% same as say Gungodan, Grealish. Attacking players do give the ball away more, but his chance creation stats and involvement in goals and moves is very high. Very mobile, strong on the ball, always on the turn. Going to be difficult to keep replacing quality like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here