Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's clear that giving up a ST is a decision that nobody takes without a huge amount of heart-searching. Worth stressing tho that it doesn't make anybody one little bit less of an Albion fan. Just about all of us had an Albion life before taking on a ST, and most of us will continue to do so after giving up on a ST

D

Deleted member 2719

Apart from the disrespectful language, I think you have your argument back to front. Us oldies are less likely to suffer from the coming financial difficulties than the young. NI changes for example won't affect the retired.

Don't worry I class myself in the old farts club. Although I still drink pints,:drink::drink::drink::drink: some youngster have cash to burn on the social scene, living at home with ma and pa.
Maybe they put coke ahead of watching the stripes at home, when they come to budgeting nowadays.
Personally I'd prefer real life experiences.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can understand there’s all sorts of reasons for stopping going (cost, family, job, non league football is more fun etc) but PL Brighton really isn’t 3 times or even twice more expensive , it’s not hard to attend, and why have a season ticket if you want to shift em ? , and the inconvenience of tV and non 3pm games didn’t start in 2017/18 . in the Champ Rescheduled games due to TV etc, midweek were commonplace.
Why not just say you like non league more ? (PS: plenty of fans do both)

I have not looked at any figures but this season seems really excessive regarding movement of games. And not just movement from 3pm but it is movement to really fan-unfriendly times. Have the EPL given more freedom to the tv companies since the pandemic? Is this level of movement here to stay?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have not looked at any figures but this season seems really excessive regarding movement of games. And not just movement from 3pm but it is movement to really fan-unfriendly times. Have the EPL given more freedom to the tv companies since the pandemic? Is this level of movement here to stay?

Not directly from TV - but about lack of 3pm Saturday games

Took this from Bozza - but in the Championship ..

2016/17

Brighton League games on Monday-Friday: 20
Home: 13
Away 7

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
The better we do the more non 3pm kick offs

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a lot of fickle fans

Are you living in a shoe?

Fuel at the pumps rising, household fuel prices rising, general cost of living rising, NI contributions rising, interest rates rising etc. etc. 1 adult and a kid is £740 in the family stand, so you've pretty much got to give up £900 of your income before tax to pay for that, so 3% of an average income just on 19 football matches - if you can get to them all. Not sure you can label fans fickle for making tough decisions on what they spend their hard earned on.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Anyone else considering cancelling there ST's?

8pm on Boxing Day takes the biscuit and getting back from a couple of away days is virtually impossible (eg tonight) but we’ve had 1 home game all season that’s been on a school night. (Chelsea cos it was rearranged cos they were in the club champs) and non Sat 3pm isn’t by definition unfriendly.
I prefer Sat 530 games to 3pm - like Friday nights and I’m fine about the odd Sunday too .
But some of the movement is cos there’s slightly more games in the tv contract and also cos games have been rescheduled due to Covid cancellations (again - tonight)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Need more feedback please TOW.

Why???

Please.:bigwave:

Good point .....

Yes, have had a season ticket since first season back at Withdean, purchased two more since first season at The Amex. With my Son now playing in the SCFL I normally prefer to watch him and he doesn't use his as he's normally playing at the same time as the Albion, or same day!

So, what to do?

With the sickening way (Spurs away 20.00hrs, in the FA Cup, yes not Season Ticket impact but it's the way the games run) (too many 12.30 & 5.30 Saturday matches, games switched to Sunday and Monday) the TV companies rule the game and the fact that I can't give my tickets to mates so easily now it just doesn't seem worth it.

I go to a non league ground and pay my £7 and they seem to really need it and value it, besides which anything spent on food and drinks helps yet further.

My first trip to the Albion was in 1967, I joined the Army in 1979 and returned in 1992, when I returned I was still playing football.

Just fallen out of love with the establishment of the game, will probably still buy one ST, but I'll see.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
8pm on Boxing Day takes the biscuit and getting back from a couple of away days is virtually impossible (eg tonight) but we’ve had 1 home game all season that’s been on a school night. (Chelsea cos it was rearranged cos they were in the club champs) and non Sat 3pm isn’t by definition unfriendly.
I prefer Sat 530 games to 3pm - like Friday nights and I’m fine about the odd Sunday too .
But some of the movement is cos there’s slightly more games in the tv contract and also cos games have been rescheduled due to Covid cancellations (again - tonight)

You can spin the positives all you like, but we're just about to have our second 3pm Saturday kick off this season.

We're in the middle of February.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You can spin the positives all you like, but we're just about to have our second 3pm Saturday kick off this season.

We're in the middle of February.

And this is the issue. People feel like they aren't getting what they signed up for. Especially families. My lad has used less than half his tickets as he's too young for evening games. A certain number is fine, but this season is ridiculous.

The club could do something, they could speak out about it. All the clubs are in the same position, if they spoke up for fans, then scheduling would become much more sensible (tonight could be 7:45 or even 7pm for example)

All the club do is parrot the sky mantra.

I think they'll be in for a shock when they see fans voting with their feet

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have cancelled one out of the three of us but made him an Albion Plus member therefore he can have two free games at least. And have our tickets when we can't go.
He has a young family now and that takes precedence.
I was on the verge of cancelling but the thought of missing days out like Watford away got me back on track especially as we are Tier One in loyalty points

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Can’t help thinking there must be a few posters on here that could be A+ members and benefit from being recipients of other poster’s tickets occasionally (entirely within the sharing scheme rules). Been mooted before on here but I assume would be frowned on by the club ? Any Mods able to confirm ?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Can’t help thinking there must be a few posters on here that could be A+ members and benefit from being recipients of other poster’s tickets occasionally (entirely within the sharing scheme rules). Been mooted before on here but I assume would be frowned on by the club ? Any Mods able to confirm ?
Well, if say you started a group on social media with all Albion plus members and STH who can't make certain games and exchange a few numbers etc etc
Who knows what the outcome might be [emoji57]

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

That would be good. Maybe a thread for each game, A+ members available and A+ members wanted? I'd get membership for myself and junior (I'd get him adult so no upgrades needed) if it were able to be done. I haven't had problems getting match tickets for ages but there is nothing for the Villa game and I believe the exchange is open! It would be especially good for me with last minute ones as I never know until near the time whether finances are going to allow me to go. Getting Albion+ atm seems pointless as I don't know many with season tickets that can't go, especially 2 together.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Gave my original up as become a father and couldn’t find the time to go.

That’s all taken care of [emoji3574] so will be renewing. Enjoy the quality time I get with my eldest taking him to games and gets me out the house!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here