Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Personally feeling the squeeze that's coming with the cost of living, petrol prices, energy prices, food and drink prices, new tax to pay, etc ..

I am no longer in a position where I can afford my season ticket next season.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No. I gave it up a year ago to concentrate more on the local non league scene, and I haven't regretted it for a second. I love being able to go and stand at a game, walk to the match, for it to be affordable, and the biggest plus is NO VAR.

I'm delighted the Albion are doing so well this season and still pop along to a few games but I honestly enjoy the non league scene more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ll reassess once my lad finishes uni, in 2024!!

But with the ever increasing cost of home fuel, car fuel, domestic water bills, etc, it’s little wonder than many households must now be desperately skint or getting into debt. The Albion is a leisure item that may fall by the wayside.

You won’t be alone, even if others struggling keep it private.

Perhaps just buying tickets for the 3pm Saturday Amex games in future seasons, as a member, makes financial and convenience sense?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No chance we have never had it so good according to Shearer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally feeling the squeeze that's coming with the cost of living, petrol prices, energy prices, food and drink prices, new tax to pay, etc ..

I am no longer in a position where I can afford my season ticket next season.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

It's sad that Albion's greatest football in 40 years has coincided with the worst economic situation in 40 years.

Hope you manage to get to some games, and good luck with the rest :thumbsup:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve missed 4 games this season (holiday, work, Boxing Day) and might miss another so trying to work out when just buying tickets per game is cheaper. Also might allow me to move around the Amex

D

Deleted member 2719

The issue is once you give up your ST, it can become habit forming, never to get another, especially as we are on the box so much.
Perhaps it's a natural progression to let all the old farts, drift off so the noisy youngsters can come in and spend their hard earned wonga, rather than the 'half a Guiness governor please' brigade.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really tricky for many…….other thing to bear in mind, if you decide to rejoin as an STH in a year or two, you’ll be back at the bottom of the Loyalty Point pile, which particularly if you want to do any away games significantly impacts your availability of those tickets (Watford sold out at tier 2 for example).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Might think about it when I retire in a few years but at the moment no.....and I doubt it will be given up when I retire either..

Currently attending Swindon home games when I can...only £10 a time and would give up that first....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Might think about it when I retire in a few years but at the moment no.....and I doubt it will be given up when I retire either..

Currently attending Swindon home games when I can...only £10 a time and would give up that first....

£20 for tickets at Tranmere which is not great value compared to your Swindon tickets (apart from results :wave:)

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are they those Season Tickets over there? Where? There, there on the app.

No

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Mines going, I've made it to one game this season and I really didn't feel it, it probably didn't help that it was the Everton match. I'd moved from my original seat in the ESU to the WSU, didn't know anyone, never got chance to say goodbye to those I'd been sitting with for the previous 8 years so any connection I had was gone.

I decided then that I'd give it up, now that the facility to actually cancel it is open I'm finding it difficult to actually go through with it but it needs to be done.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
No, it’s taken years of heart ache and graft to have the privilege, but I do understand not everyone can afford it which is very sad.

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Mines going, I've made it to one game this season and I really didn't feel it, it probably didn't help that it was the Everton match. I'd moved from my original seat in the ESU to the WSU, didn't know anyone, never got chance to say goodbye to those I'd been sitting with for the previous 8 years so any connection I had was gone.

I decided then that I'd give it up, now that the facility to actually cancel it is open I'm finding it difficult to actually go through with it.ut it needs to be done.
Does anybody know if match day tickets next season are going up ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have 5 between me and my mate and one is "shared" between his daughter and mine. We can't really share them legitimately now and both girls are more interested in playing with each other than going to footy. Plus my mate is just getting divorced and needs to save every penny so next season we will only have 4 between us and let this one go.

It'll be a single in with a bigger group of 11 so it'll be interesting to see if it goes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have 5 between me and my mate and one is "shared" between his daughter and mine. We can't really share them legitimately now and both girls are more interested in playing with each other than going to footy. Plus my mate is just getting divorced and needs to save every penny so next season we will only have 4 between us and let this one go.

It'll be a single in with a bigger group of 11 so it'll be interesting to see if it goes.

Surely you get the opportunity to invite applications from and then interview potential holders ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So whoever buys it will be sitting near you :moo:

:D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Paging [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here