Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's shame there isn't enough money in football to keep season ticket prices down.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Definitely not. This has been the first season I've been able to afford a season ticket and had a job where I don't work weekends. Financially I'm in a pretty good place and I'm loving the football this season, even squeezed in a couple of away games too which is nice.
The guy who sits next to me, I met him once and he hasn't been back since, empty seat in front of me, couple behind too. I think money is tight for a lot of people and also still plenty of people who aren't comfortable with Covid still knocking about.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Constantly changing the Saturday 3pm KOs is getting right on my udders. I’ll renew, I love it, as others have said, we’re playing some of the best football in years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's shame there isn't enough money in football to keep season ticket prices down.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Sadly for Tony Bloom and co it all goes to greedy players and their agents.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This is a question a lot of football fans are asking, although ST at another team, two of my mates and myself have really got into non league football in the last 3 seasons, last season we bought ST for the Ishmian league team for £150 and have even started going to away games. It’s so much more fun than premier league football IMHO.

The team we are watching were getting gates of 70 odd 4 years ago they are now getting over 200 to most games ( 266 & 354 in the last two home games) a lot of palace & Brighton fans I have noticed, it’s affordable for the kids and the adults can watch while having a beer and a pie without wincing at the price.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It is a tricky one to get your head round when you read the letter from Bloom saying how hard they've worked to freeze season ticket prices when you know they've just banked £13 million for Dan Burn.

And yes, i know it's the same for all football clubs that make a loss, before Chailey Jem's Barber alert goes off and he feels the need to defend the club. Doesn't make it any easier though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is a tricky one to get your head round when you read the letter from Bloom saying how hard they've worked to freeze season ticket prices when you know they've just banked £13 million for Dan Burn.

And yes, i know it's the same for all football clubs that make a loss, before Chailey Jem's Barber alert goes off and he feels the need to defend the club. Doesn't make it any easier though.

Really? You can't get your head around the fact that that £13m will either go to player recruitment which most on here keep banging on about or to mitigating annual loses. Your post and your tone seem to suggest you think it should go to reducing prices.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never.
But can understand many feeling the squeeze. Having hit that 66 mark I get a pension of £7200 a year. My house rates are £3300, electric £2000 (and rising) and Albion home & away is roughly £2000
At some point shortly something has to give.

Aug 18, 2013
Really? You can't get your head around the fact that that £13m will either go to player recruitment which most on here keep banging on about or to mitigating annual loses. Your post and your tone seem to suggest you think it should go to reducing prices.

No. I can't get my head around the fact that football is such a mess that you can sell an asset for £13m, play in a league with a TV deal that brings an annual £100m, and yet still need to rely on a rely on an extra few quid from ticket sales.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No. I can't get my head around the fact that football is such a mess that you can sell an asset for £13m, play in a league with a TV deal that brings an annual £100m, and yet still need to rely on a rely on an extra few quid from ticket sales.

Agreed. Income of £132M with £103M going on wages is disgusting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bloom has put about £300m of his own money into the club. Let’s worry about paying that off before we criticise the club for not lowering ST prices this year. No?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. Income of £132M with £103M going on wages is disgusting.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Not Brighton's fault, but footballs. It is broken and no one seems to want to fix it.

Aug 18, 2013
Bloom has put about £300m of his own money into the club. Let’s worry about paying that off before we criticise the club for not lowering ST prices this year. No?
I didn't criticise! I can just see that it's probably difficult for some people to justify putting their money in to a league awash with money. Jeez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here