[Technology] Any Porsche Drivers on here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I bet the poster Stevefoster drives a Porsche, he’s in the financial planning industry right? Seems like a suitable car for those slippery glorified mortgage advisors masquerading as “Financial Planners” to be driving around in, no offence Gareth 😉

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In other news, genuine question, why does anyone LEASE a car? I can't see one positive argument for it other than you get something new every couple of years.

It feels like the equivalent of renting a house instead of buying because you like the idea of moving every couple of years.

That's not meant in a snobby way. I'm happy to be educated.
I haven´t leased a car but surely if you buy a house it is most likely to appreciate in value.
If you buy a car it is guaranteed to depreciate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
There's a guy that lives around here who has several sports cars (at least 1 Lambo, a Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche etc), seems to take one out each night, drives around for 10 minutes, parks up at the Spar to get some attention then puts them back in the garage. He apparently owns a gaming software company but I am still trying to find out which one.
Fortunately we solved the climate crisis so he’s allowed to do whatever he likes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I bet the poster Stevefoster drives a Porsche, he’s in the financial planning industry right? Seems like a suitable car for those slippery glorified mortgage advisors masquerading as “Financial Planners” to be driving around in, no offence Gareth 😉

Or indeed, anyone else who works in that entire industry :facepalm:

I think you have confused being a **** with being in a certain industry.

It's really quite simple, lots of industries have ***s in them, lots of people in financial planning aren't ****s.

@Steve Foster is simply a **** and would be a **** whatever he did for a living.

I believe that TB's preferred method of transport is an old Porsche (without personalised number plates, but that's a different thread) :wink:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In other news, genuine question, why does anyone LEASE a car? I can't see one positive argument for it other than you get something new every couple of years.

It feels like the equivalent of renting a house instead of buying because you like the idea of moving every couple of years.

That's not meant in a snobby way. I'm happy to be educated.

Leasing rates for premium cars can be relatively low, there’s no need to find any capital, it can work out tax effective through a business for certain eco cars.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lol:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not quite at the same level but those stories remind me of the tale of the Harlem heroin dealer in the 70s. He was said to be making a million dollars a day and somehow wasn't on the police's radar until he decide to sit ringside at an Ali fight wearing a 100k chinchilla coat.
Frank Lucas

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have one and normally buy rather than lease

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports