Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any one else still absolutely buzzing?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Back on the thread ..... I’m not sure why that win meant so much. Actually still means so much. It felt cathartic somehow. Singing “you’ve seen the Albion, now f*** off home” and seeing the away end empty immediately on the penalty felt significant. We all know we’re blessed with this club of ours.
Yep exactly. At Wembley with their ''you've seen United'' and ''we've won it all'' chants there was a real sense of arrogance from the United fans. I even witness one Mancunian shouting ''we're meant to be here, your lot are just here by luck'' in the face of Albion fans while walking past Wembley Boxpark, and countless muggy United fans giving abuse, some homophobic, after they'd won. I'd not really witness anything like that when we faced City in 2019. So all I could think on thursday eve was how delicious it would be to get some revenge & beat them. Cathartic is definitely the word. I truly hope some of the same United fans who sang that ''you've seen United, now f*** off home'' chant were there to angrily witness it being sung back at them by Albion fans. :D

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Yep exactly. At Wembley with their ''you've seen United'' and ''we've won it all'' chants there was a real sense of arrogance from the United fans. I even witness one Mancunian shouting ''we're meant to be here, your lot are just here by luck'' in the face of Albion fans while walking past Wembley Boxpark, and countless muggy United fans giving abuse, some homophobic, after they'd won. I'd not really witness anything like that when we faced City in 2019. So all I could think on thursday eve was how delicious it would be to get some revenge & beat them. Cathartic is definitely the word. I truly hope some of the same United fans who sang that ''you've seen United, now f*** off home'' chant were there to angrily witness it being sung back at them by Albion fans. :D
City don’t seem to have the same arrogance, and despite all the trophies, they know they came from humble beginnings too.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The buzz came back to me all over again hearing Ten Hag complaining Brighton never should have had a corner to lead to the penalty. Just like the lockdown robbery after the final whistle at the Amex came because of a corner to United that should have been a goal kick. Makes it even funnier to me. Also the United fan very angry after the game and not being held back by anyone but doing the full "hold me back" and shouting in a very southern accent at Brighton fans trying to get them to spell Withdean. Very amusing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Absolutely flying currently. Being an Albion fan, I'm pretty convinced we'll now waste Thursday by losing to Everton but there really is no evidence to suggest that's likely. Won't be easy, of course, but we rarely seem to lack intensity - RDZ simply doesn't allow it. The belief he's instilled into the players is wonderful and I think it's spreading to the crowd. It used to be natural to become a bit subdued late on during a tight game because we always felt the opposition would hit us with a sucker punch. Now, it feels like a goal - or at least some big opportunities - will come our way. Earlier in the game, if the other team does score, it's "never mind..we'll score more". It's brilliant football to watch, even on the odd occasion we lose.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ve just woken up, I feel terrible and still can’t believe that happened yesterday, I demand the players reimburse my ppv fee immediately as well as a new remote control!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If, in the unlikely event we lose all remaining games this season it will still remain up there with the most enjoyable seasons I have witnessed. To enjoy the ups you have to have the downs, yesterday was a down but as others have said I’d rather lose like that than we did against Spurs and Fulham (at the Amex). Massive credit to Everton, I think we expected to walk that game in the players heads, not a good way to go into any PL game.

No longer buzzing but not suicidal :shrug:

I will be buzzing again by kick off at the Emirates. Pretty well all the top teams have had an unexpected stuffing, it’s how you recover.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely flying currently. Being an Albion fan, I'm pretty convinced we'll now waste Thursday by losing to Everton but there really is no evidence to suggest that's likely. Won't be easy, of course, but we rarely seem to lack intensity - RDZ simply doesn't allow it. The belief he's instilled into the players is wonderful and I think it's spreading to the crowd. It used to be natural to become a bit subdued late on during a tight game because we always felt the opposition would hit us with a sucker punch. Now, it feels like a goal - or at least some big opportunities - will come our way. Earlier in the game, if the other team does score, it's "never mind..we'll score more". It's brilliant football to watch, even on the odd occasion we lose.
You were right about the Everton game. I hope we bounce back.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I demand the squad reimburse me the x2 £1 admin fees for selling my tickets on the exchange

I shouldn’t be out of pocket!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We should be used to the dramatic come down after the buzz by now. It´s part of being a Brighton fan. Still feels sh*t though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here