Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any one else still absolutely buzzing?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May I ask you, if I'm not indiscreet, what you usually eat and what you drink. Or what is your eating routine?
Gluten and lactose free. No preservatives. 'Organic' veg. Free range meat. And red wine from the Faversham Wine lake. Breakfast banana and fruit and nut muesli, lunch nothing or home made stew (shin, celery, garlic, carrott, etc), dinner: perm from local fish, beef, chicken and spud, asparagus, tomato, rice.. on the side, olives, grapes, tomato....ooodles of loveliness. Filter coffee one pot a day, 4 teabags. Occasionally some Scottish wine as the moon blooms.

Mrs T reminds me: crisps..., no CRISPS.... and the occasional peanut.

May I ask why you ask?

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
Gluten and lactose free. No preservatives. 'Organic' veg. Free range meat. And red wine from the Faversham Wine lake. Breakfast banana and fruit and nut muesli, lunch nothing or home made stew (shin, celery, garlic, carrott, etc), dinner: perm from local fish, beef, chicken and spud, asparagus, tomato, rice.. on the side, olives, grapes, tomato....ooodles of loveliness. Filter coffee one pot a day, 4 teabags. Occasionally some Scottish wine as the moon blooms.

May I ask why you ask?
I'm asking because I was seriously worried about you.

But I see you eat quite well. Except for the potatoes and rice and the hidden carbs.

Carbohydrates are equivalent to starches which are sugars, the real poison (very sweet and very pleasant on the palate) of our blood and our health.

I no longer drink beer (110% in terms of glycemic index), just two or three liters of wine a day (joking).

I smoke a lot, I drink, I write, no more sports and for now, thank God, I'm still fine.

Once Churchill was asked what was the secret of his longevity: "No sports!"

He worked on cigars and whiskey.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Some really intelligent and interesting posters on here suffering from health issues. I hope things get better for you.
For me its the opposite, I seem to abuse my body with junk food, alcohol etc but seem to be ok at the moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But I see you eat quite well. Except for the potatoes and rice and the hidden carbs.

Carbohydrates are equivalent to starches which are sugars, the real poison (very sweet and very pleasant on the palate) of our blood and our health.

I no longer drink beer (110% in terms of glycemic index), just two or three liters of wine a day (joking).

I smoke a lot, I drink, I write, no more sports and for now, thank God, I'm still fine.

Once Churchill was asked what was the secret of his longevity: "No sports!"

He worked on cigars and whiskey.
Top man.

The ciggies, though. I'm on homeopathic amounts of rollies. Passed my last health and safety FEV test with bells and whistles, but...well, you know.

Have to titrate the mind and body.

Thanks for your concern. You take care of yourself, now :thumbsup:

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA

May I ask why you ask?

Harry you're a model of nutritional excellence here, with the possible exception of the Scottish wine bit (although I'm probably missing something here). Anyway, all the best for a quick return to normality (whatever that is for you).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lovely day today. My boy and his missus told our dinner guests, Bob the retired social worker, his daughter and her man that they are expecting (I was told a while back). I'm recovered enough for the toffee tassel. So (f*** you, ManUre, you joke of a club. A club so shit that sunlight avoids you, and death is your only friend) I am still buzzing!!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lovely day today. My boy and his missus told our dinner guests, Bob the retired social worker, his daughter and her man that they are expecting (I was told a while back). I'm recovered enough for the toffee tassel. So (f*** you, ManUre, you joke of a club. A club so shit that sunlight avoids you, and death is your only friend) I am still buzzing!!!!
Congrats old boy. And pass on my best wishes to Nick and his partner. We’ve become grandparents this year (my daughter Hannah) and it’s the most amazing joy. A manly hug.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I developed a pericardial infection late yesterday and spent the whole of today in A&E, where they gave me an armfull of morphine, and jabbed me repeatedly to rule out an MI.

So, yes, still buzzing,
Flippin eck Harry. Hope you’re doing ok

Edit - just seen the rest of the thread.
Ha ha - Grandkids - a real blessing 😅😅😵😵😬😬😅😅😅

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scottish wine ..?!!
Mais bien sûr...
1_Rab_C_Nesbitt.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Congrats old boy. And pass on my best wishes to Nick and his partner. We’ve become grandparents this year (my daughter Hannah) and it’s the most amazing joy. A manly hug.
Will do, young man. We still remember those days at Withdean, with you and young Michael. And 'What's said at football stays at football" :ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry you're a model of nutritional excellence here, with the possible exception of the Scottish wine bit (although I'm probably missing something here). Anyway, all the best for a quick return to normality (whatever that is for you).
I don't keep the whiskey in the house more than twice a year.

I'm convinced the diet has given me so much. When I was in hospital the other day they couldn't believe how decent my BP was. And my blood sugar (which was dodgy 20 years ago before I changed the diet) is lovely. I supplement with evening primrose oil and glucose and chondroitin and have none of the arthritis in the fingers that twisted up my mum's hands when she was 15 years younger than I am now. I know this may be coincidence but I don't care. And recently I started on potassium supplements because I was getting cramps. Very awkward when rolling a fag (ssshhhhhh!). Now that's stopped. I recommend keeping up the blood potassium with supplements. As I work in the area I am aware of something most are not, that increasing blood potassium by 1 mM will reduce the chance of ventricular fibrillation if you have a sudden MI by 20%. It is one of the few things known to do this. But there is no money in it so it has never been advocated.

I'm 65 in a a couple of weeks, by the way, so not exactly ancient...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I smoke a lot, I drink, I write, no more sports

You were worried about HWT's health, you post about the harms of carbs, and yet you smoke a lot, drink, and perhaps do little exercise? Worrying about carbs suggests that you care about health, including your own. If you care about your health, please try to reconsider your choices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here