Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any one else still absolutely buzzing?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have to admit I've hardly slept and when I did I had some weird football related dream. Up earlier than I normally would be to walk the dog and I can still feel last night's adrenaline.

I haven't enjoyed a win so much since I can remember. Yes, it was nice to finally beat Palace but that was comparatively easy. To win with a last kick penalty against a team who'd beaten us on penalties and with a penalty taken after the final whistle in recent seasons was sweeeeet.

I'll probably just have calmed down by Monday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thurs - up for work at 04:23.
From work straight to football.
Back home at midnight.
Bed by 00:45.
Awake again at 04:00 still absolutely buzzing my tits off.

I am too old for this shite.

If my phenomenal hair starts to go grey or god forbid leaves entirely, I'm going to sue.

This afternoon's 'long blink' on the sofa is going to be righteous.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Have to admit I've hardly slept and when I did I had some weird football related dream. Up earlier than I normally would be to walk the dog and I can still feel last night's adrenaline.

I haven't enjoyed a win so much since I can remember. Yes, it was nice to finally beat Palace but that was comparatively easy. To win with a last kick penalty against a team who'd beaten us on penalties and with a penalty taken after the final whistle in recent seasons was sweeeeet.

I'll probably just have calmed down by Monday.
Yep still buzzing here, just about to head out and start beeping at any Plastics I see wandering round town 😯

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Heading to bed at 11:00pm Thursday, having watched the game at noon this end, spent the whole afternoon talking to complete strangers in the petrol station/supermarket/school pick up line about a game of football that is in the top 5 moments of watching the Albion in my 52 years. Still buzzing, especially having just watched Ronalds very cool, extra long at the end, edit of the game...

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I've had terrible insomnia for the past few months due to a pretty heavy and stressful workload, coupled with us all recovering from a pretty tumultuous family health issue which blighted 2023.

Last night i got even less sleep than the usual 3.5 hours I've been getting of late BUT i feel on top of the world, more so than after Saturday and even after the 4-0 last year.

We weren't as good last night - partly due to injuries, but also because United are clearly a strong side whereas they were a basket case 21/22. So it was important.

That was a big win. 3 more and we definitely get europe. 2 and a draw will also do it I feel.

But I'd also back us to win 4 or 5 of the games remaining. If only that spurs game hadn't happened like it did...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another “didn’t sleep very well last night” here.
didn’t get home until 12.20, straight to bed as I felt knackered, but couldn’t help reseeding that penalty!
Alexis MacAllister nerves of steel!

Reactions: cjd

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course, but I’ve just checked the fixture list. WOW we really are playing a lot of games in close proximity.

I am walking around the house, like a child, singing “Oh Roberto De Zerbi” which has been an ear worm for the last 12 hours and I don’t even particularly like.

Buzzing hardly covers it :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here