Any chance of the fans getting behind the team for the run in?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And yet very loud in the stands...

Maybe the microphone wasn't directed towards them?

Was it Bradford who boosted the crowd atmosphere using strategically placed speakers around the ground several years ago ?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The atmosphere yesterday was fine. It seems that some people's barometer of "normal/acceptable" is the Donny match No. 1 in August 11. That is akin to expecting every New Year's Eve in London to be like the VE celebrations in May '45.

completely agree thought it was a good atmosphere WSU block G is always pretty lively - i dont get this moaning about the WSL ESU lack of atmosphere - if you dotn like it move. I can only assume that all these moaners never go to away games or else they would appreciate how good and loud out home support is.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Absolute tosh. Forget what the Rev claims, the last 10 years at the Goldstone was hardly ever a cauldron of noise. I remember wondering why the same people came week after week if all they did was moan. I did years and years too at Withdean and the atmosphere there was non-existent. You could often hear the players talking to each other on the pitch and we had a frigging running track between us and the edge of the pitch.

The family stand had about the best atmosphere because it was the only stand where there was no moaning. f*** me, the South Stand C & D blocks could moan for England. I swear there were fans who practiced their sarcastic comments prior to going to the game.

The Amex is just about one of the noisiest stadia in the Championship. Compare and contrast with Ipswich, Posh, Blackpool, Wolves etc etc etc. Could it be better, yeah probably but let's not beat ourselves up about it. This halcyon period that the Rev is forever going on about never really existed.

Take a :bowdown: this is the correct answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only imagine that you sit in a quiet part of the ground if you think it's a library.

Very loud where I am in WSU, and clearly the North Stand is as well.

Where are you in WSU? Block G always good and close to NS which helps.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Absolute tosh. Forget what the Rev claims, the last 10 years at the Goldstone was hardly ever a cauldron of noise. I remember wondering why the same people came week after week if all they did was moan. I did years and years too at Withdean and the atmosphere there was non-existent. You could often hear the players talking to each other on the pitch and we had a frigging running track between us and the edge of the pitch.

The family stand had about the best atmosphere because it was the only stand where there was no moaning. f*** me, the South Stand C & D blocks could moan for England. I swear there were fans who practiced their sarcastic comments prior to going to the game.

The Amex is just about one of the noisiest stadia in the Championship. Compare and contrast with Ipswich, Posh, Blackpool, Wolves etc etc etc. Could it be better, yeah probably but let's not beat ourselves up about it. This halcyon period that the Rev is forever going on about never really existed.

word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports