Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of the fans getting behind the team for the run in?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good crowd, shit atmosphere.
You had a better atmosphere at the Withdene, where you had genuine fans.

Okay I will rise to it. You are talking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I switched on the Liverpool v WBA game last night about 60 minutes in & the atmosphere was flat.

Totally this. It is the way football has gone I am afraid with over stewarding, all seater stadiums. Every away game I have gone to this season almost without exception has seen the home crowd very quiet for large parts of the game. I would actually say the AMEX is louder than most.

D

Deleted member 22389

Who is the guy in the North Stand who always gets the singing going. He needs an award.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think it's about time we had people to police all this. Fans not singing, fans going home early. What is the world coming to. It must be a worry for some of you, it must be hard for you to spend all the match watching what other people do. Do any of you shout at the TV as well. I watched the Liverpool v WBA last night and a few fans left when WB scored their first goal and then they left in on mass when WB got their second. I could just see some of you shouting at them. Why are you leaving!!!.IMO people pay their money let them sing or not and let them go when they want, it won't spoil my day

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think it's about time we had people to police all this. Fans not singing, fans going home early. What is the world coming to. It must be a worry for some of you, it must be hard for you to spend all the match watching what other people do. Do any of you shout at the TV as well. I watched the Liverpool v WBA last night and a few fans left when WB scored their first goal and then they left in on mass when WB got their second. I could just see some of you shouting at them. Why are you leaving!!!.IMO people pay their money let them sing or not and let they go when they want, it won't spoil my day

TBH I have to agree, everyone is entitled to enjoy it how they like. I like to sing and start songs so I go to the north. But if others fancy perhaps a different view and to be able to focus in detail on the small bits of each match then let them do that as well. So long as we all go, we all pay and we all want Brighton to win a couldn't give a chuffing watnot.

:ascarf:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good crowd, shit atmosphere.
You had a better atmosphere at the Withdene, where you had genuine fans.

Absolute tosh. Forget what the Rev claims, the last 10 years at the Goldstone was hardly ever a cauldron of noise. I remember wondering why the same people came week after week if all they did was moan. I did years and years too at Withdean and the atmosphere there was non-existent. You could often hear the players talking to each other on the pitch and we had a frigging running track between us and the edge of the pitch.

The family stand had about the best atmosphere because it was the only stand where there was no moaning. f*** me, the South Stand C & D blocks could moan for England. I swear there were fans who practiced their sarcastic comments prior to going to the game.

The Amex is just about one of the noisiest stadia in the Championship. Compare and contrast with Ipswich, Posh, Blackpool, Wolves etc etc etc. Could it be better, yeah probably but let's not beat ourselves up about it. This halcyon period that the Rev is forever going on about never really existed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Judge.

GO LEFT , GO LEFT , GO LEFT , RIGHT , LEFT :bowdown:

p.s. Why don't we sing the long forgotten verse "We all come from Brighton Town , so get your f***ing boxers down" ???

Absolute tosh. Forget what the Rev claims, the last 10 years at the Goldstone was hardly ever a cauldron of noise. I remember wondering why the same people came week after week if all they did was moan. I did years and years too at Withdean and the atmosphere there was non-existent. You could often hear the players talking to each other on the pitch and we had a frigging running track between us and the edge of the pitch.

The family stand had about the best atmosphere because it was the only stand where there was no moaning. f*** me, the South Stand C & D blocks could moan for England. I swear there were fans who practiced their sarcastic comments prior to going to the game.

The Amex is just about one of the noisiest stadia in the Championship. Compare and contrast with Ipswich, Posh, Blackpool, Wolves etc etc etc. Could it be better, yeah probably but let's not beat ourselves up about it. This halcyon period that the Rev is forever going on about never really existed.

Where did i compare the goldstone,withdean with the amex? Just would be nice to have a better atmosphere that's what mr bloom wanted from the start and after he put his hands in his pockets it seems rude not to try.:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

GO LEFT , GO LEFT , GO LEFT , RIGHT , LEFT :bowdown:

A song that's over 34 years old, that's the problem:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where did i compare the goldstone,withdean with the amex? Just would be nice to have a better atmosphere that's what mr bloom wanted from the start and after he put his hands in his pockets it seems rude not to try.:rolleyes:

Maybe you should start going to matches, sing your choice of chants and stay until the end? As Tesco says, every little helps.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

This with bells on. The Withdean was a public library compared to The Amex, and the Goldstone in the last few years was quiet unless we were storming the pitch or demonstrating. I sometimes wonder whether other clubs have got quite as many moaners as Brighton has; we seem to have an inexhaustable supply in any circumstances, with any player regardless of what league we are in. As for the singing and leaving early, I sing when I fancy it but I don't sing the whole time, I sometimes leave early if needs must but when I can I stay and aplaud the (whole) team off the pitch. Surely it's a broad church and we should be able to tolerate all the fans however they want to celebrate and however long they want to stay to watch. That said, I prefer the fan that doesn't sing and goes home early to the fan who loudly complains about anything and everything for the whole game.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I never understand this... There seems to be a constant "one-up-man-ship" attitude among some sections of fans.

People don't like those who leave early, people don't like those who don't sing or even those who do sing, those who complain... Then you've got those who spend all match singing about fans not singing "Can you hear the West Stand sing..." etc etc.

I often think the atmosphere would be better if people spent more time watching the football and supporting the team that watching the fans and singing about them. Not a complaint, merely an observation.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Where did you compare the atmosphere of Withdean with the Amex? The bit where you agreed with the Palace troll, that's where. And by extension this fiction of a hardcore of boisterous, genuine fans that somehow have been lost to a bunch of happy clappies can be applied to the Goldstone.

You might not like this truth but Brighton fans are consistently noisier now than they've been in the last 30 years. It's time you finally came to terms with the reality that those new and returning fans are as important to the club as you and me. And I know you want some sort of recognition from these people that you're a super-fan but it just isn't going to happen. Move on, Rev.

on that basis "my old man said be a palace fan" is also too old. Should we try and sing the st pauli song ?

old songs have there place but that's all we have,rather have 15k kicking up a noise than 25k in a libary:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

on that basis "my old man said be a palace fan" is also too old. Should we try and sing the st pauli song ?

old songs have there place but that's all we have,rather have 15k kicking up a noise than 25k in a libary:rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I can only imagine that you sit in a quiet part of the ground if you think it's a library.

Very loud where I am in WSU, and clearly the North Stand is as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
There is nothing wrong with the atmosphere at the Amex. I thought it was pretty good on saturday and the North Stand celebrations for the goal were pretty mental. How people can say we have no atmosphere is simply beyond me, compared to most grounds I'd say we were right up there for a home crowd. Obviously sometimes it will be flat, but that will almost certainly be related to a poor performance on the field. When that place is rocking, it's rocking.

Withdean was toilet and is not remotely comparable to the Amex, and it is a hell of a lot better than shitehurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here