Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia for a zillion pounds apparently.
FFS. Imagine if football was like this.

"Well we've tried to make Man City vs Arsenal work but we just can't agree to certain points, so instead Man City will play Luton and Arsenal are going to go up against Woking Town"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Those 24 rounds of punishment against Usyk have had a long term impact on AJ’s career.

He will never be the fighter he was, Wilder knocks him out in 4 rounds, and as for fighting Fury, there’s more chance of taking on Billy than Tyson.

‘But he never fought Fury’ is a better legacy than former remembered for being destroyed, he and his people simply won’t risk it.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Those 24 rounds of punishment against Usyk have had a long term impact on AJ’s career.

He will never be the fighter he was, Wilder knocks him out in 4 rounds, and as for fighting Fury, there’s more chance of taking on Billy than Tyson.

‘But he never fought Fury’ is a better legacy than former remembered for being destroyed, he and his people simply won’t risk it.
Funny how we see things. I was under the impression that Fury was the one who wouldn’t fight AJ?

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

Wilder will destroy him and he’ll never been seen again. Crodo will have to find another hero.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Boos from the crowd in the third round, but AJ conjures up a meaningful punch to win.

Not convinced he’ll beat Wilder (or Fury). He looks shot.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
OK, I’ll take your word for it, don’t know enough about it tbh. Don’t think Fury has fought AJ or Usyk has he? Any idea why not?
AJ lost to Ruiz killing his momentum when the Fury fight was in the works. Usyk, maybe his actual retirement fight. Big money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK, I’ll take your word for it, don’t know enough about it tbh. Don’t think Fury has fought AJ or Usyk has he? Any idea why not?
No idea why. But it’s rather strange that he is doing it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No idea why. But it’s rather strange that he is doing it.
HT heard a strange one the other day whilst at Lords ( North London rather than France) don’t really know what to make of it? 🤷‍♂️

Its either Olympic level BS or bizarrely credible?

Zelensky had told Usyk he can’t fight Fury at the moment because of the situation with Russia/Ukraine. Usyk is a national hero and a global figure in the conflict, if Fury were to emphatically beat him then its very negative for the masses back in the Motherland.

My first thoughts were, complete pony, but when you think about the crazy world we all inhabit it might just be true 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT heard a strange one the other day whilst at Lords ( North London rather than France) don’t really know what to make of it? 🤷‍♂️

Its either Olympic level BS or bizarrely credible?

Zelensky had told Usyk he can’t fight Fury at the moment because of the situation with Russia/Ukraine. Usyk is a national hero and a global figure in the conflict, if Fury were to emphatically beat him then its very negative for the masses back in the Motherland.

My first thoughts were, complete pony, but when you think about the crazy world we all inhabit it might just be true 😂
But it seems to be Fury who is dodging Usyk? Usyk called Fury’s bluff with the 70/30 deal. Then Fury had to find another way out so he refused the quite reasonable request for a re-match.

Fury is a good boxer but the only boxers of note he’s beaten are Klitch and Wilder. He’d be a generational great if he added AJ and Usyk to his CV. No one could question him then. I don’t understand it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
But it seems to be Fury who is dodging Usyk? Usyk called Fury’s bluff with the 70/30 deal. Then Fury had to find another way out so he refused the quite reasonable request for a re-match.

Fury is a good boxer but the only boxers of note he’s beaten are Klitch and Wilder. He’d be a generational great if he added AJ and Usyk to his CV. No one could question him then. I don’t understand it.
Not according to Frank Warren ;)

With not only his achievements to date in the ring but his stance on mental health, Fury had the chance to cement legendary status in British sport, even as a huge supporter of him I wince almost every time he opens his mouth now, fast becoming the David Icke of boxing.

But I still think its not just Fury its Usyk's people as well. so maybe there is something in the Zelensky theory?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here