Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If AJ goes in with the same attitude as when he lost to Ruiz then he could be in trouble. As you say it's a ridiculous fight for Joshua to take, absolutely no upside for him, apart from the money he'll be paid, it proves nothing and doesn't do anything to prepare him for future fights either. Lose and its career over as a serious heavyweight contender.

I've put a few quid on Ngannou because you never know.
Joshua gets levelled mate , Ngannou is a beast of a man and Joshua has the ticker of a goldfish.....5 rounds

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The bigger question is why on earth Joshua has taken this fight?
I can think of 50 million reasons why, not to mention his love of Saudi and his fans and the elite there who love him as much as we all do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i suspect you know nothing about Australian boxers old boy
I know a bit.

1709849439247.png

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've been suffering from loose stools all week so had an early night and missed the big fight live. Just watched a recording of it whilst consuming my rolled porridge oats and all I can say is WOW!!

AJ is well and truly back, that was an incredible performance from the people's champion. As Spencer Oliver said last night, AJ is the best heavyweight in the world right now, if he was to fight the Gypsy King next he beats him. Incredibly exciting, will be fascinating to see who he chooses to beat next before the big unification bout.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I've been suffering from loose stools all week so had an early night and missed the big fight live. Just watched a recording of it whilst consuming my rolled porridge oats and all I can say is WOW!!

AJ is well and truly back, that was an incredible performance from the people's champion. As Spencer Oliver said last night, AJ is the best heavyweight in the world right now, if he was to fight the Gypsy King next he beats him. Incredibly exciting, will be fascinating to see who he chooses to beat next before the big unification bout.
Did it not put you in mind of his early career though, when he was knocking Bulgarian Binmen over?

Ngannou wasn’t any near the standard and only reiterated that the Fury facade back in October was nothing more than a money making exercise.

FWIW I still think a 100% Fury beats AJ, late stoppage in the Championship rounds, the caveat being will we ever see a 100% Fury again?

If we don’t ever see a 100% Fury again and Usyk wins both contracted fights will the paying public really have an appetite for Usyk vs AJ Part 3?

Undercard last night was ‘interesting’ I thought Nick Ball was effectively robbed of a world title with his ‘majority’ draw and Zhang was probably ‘collateral’ damage after winning two rounds 10/8 yet losing on points to Joseph Parker.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Usyk is the best at the moment and is not getting the respect he deserves. He comfortably beat AJ twice.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well that's a fiver i'm never getting back. The focused AJ turned up, he wasn't taking Ngannou lightly. However it tells us nothing as far as how AJ would do against any of the other top heavyweights, Usyk was streets ahead of him in two fights and this wasn't a warm up for a third fight. I doubt he even broke a sweat and was still a twat in the post fight interview.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite aside from the pointless mismatch of this "spectacle", the atmosphere in the arena over there is flatter than Neil Shipperly's armchair. Practically zero feedback from the crowd, no cheers, no roars when the punches landed. Most of the arabs sitting ringside were on their phones half the time. The only audible shouting was from the two respective cornermen. Its like staging a fight in a doctors waiting room.

I suppose zero alcohol and 2am-3am starts is a big factor. But at least lots of people make lots of money out if it, so I guess thats the main thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we don’t ever see a 100% Fury again and Usyk wins both contracted fights will the paying public really have an appetite for Usyk vs AJ Part 3?
I’d say this is more interesting and intriguing than the 3 Wilder Fury fights, primarily as AJ seems a different person these past few fights.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FWIW I still think a 100% Fury beats AJ, late stoppage in the Championship rounds, the caveat being will we ever see a 100% Fury again?
I’m not convinced at the moment but I really hope we get to find out.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How exactly does this mismatch entitle Joshua to anything? He's just slapped an MMA fighter where the striking skill set is totally different. If if ever gets to fight Fury he will be out boxed and stopped in the later rounds. And who on earth is interested in another fight with Usyk?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How exactly does this mismatch entitle Joshua to anything? He's just slapped an MMA fighter where the striking skill set is totally different. If if ever gets to fight Fury he will be out boxed and stopped in the later rounds. And who on earth is interested in another fight with Usyk?
It doesn’t entitle AJ to anything BUT given both he and Fury have both boxed him recently it provides and comparison and a new narrative.

See my earlier post re 3rd fight with Usyk.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’d say this is more interesting and intriguing than the 3 Wilder Fury fights, primarily as AJ seems a different person these past few fights.
People will watch it if there are belts on the line I reckon.

AJ is still a big draw and Usyk has drawn many admirers both for his nationality and skill.

Let's have it in the UK though for the love of god

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Did it not put you in mind of his early career though, when he was knocking Bulgarian Binmen over?

Ngannou wasn’t any near the standard and only reiterated that the Fury facade back in October was nothing more than a money making exercise.

Undercard last night was ‘interesting’ I thought Nick Ball was effectively robbed of a world title with his ‘majority’ draw and Zhang was probably ‘collateral’ damage after winning two rounds 10/8 yet losing on points to Joseph Parker.
1. Present back to his best AJ beats present Fury.

2. The fight won't happen as Fury will bottle, just like he did Usyk, making ridiculous demands, that when Usyk still accepted and called his bluff he then made more excuses.
Then when fight made, the mystery cut to call it off again.

Expect Fury to call him out, call him A big bum dosser, then do all he can to avoid actually getting in ring.

Peak Fury is past, Peak Joshua is now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here