Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
KSI issuing a chilling war ing to Tommy Fury ahead of their epic bout in October, that's one fight nobody will want to miss.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I’m a relative newb in terms of watching boxing regularly so if someone can explain this to me like I’m an idiot please I would be grateful:

Surely having the first bell at nearly 11:15pm when there’s little interest in any other time zone I would imagine, hurts potential viewership and causes people a pain in the backside to get home?! Not suggesting starting at 7/8pm or anything but surely even 10pm would help? What am I missing?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I’m a relative newb in terms of watching boxing regularly so if someone can explain this to me like I’m an idiot please I would be grateful:

Surely having the first bell at nearly 11:15pm when there’s little interest in any other time zone I would imagine, hurts potential viewership and causes people a pain in the backside to get home?! Not suggesting starting at 7/8pm or anything but surely even 10pm would help? What am I missing?
A cracking undercard where nearly every bout went the distance. Still the O2 is packed to the rafters and there are millions watching around the world. How good is David Dimantis by the way??

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Packed undercard that went the distance.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Solid first round

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some sharp combos from AJ

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
KSI issuing a chilling war ing to Tommy Fury ahead of their epic bout in October, that's one fight nobody will want to miss.
Nobody will want to miss? Bit OTT there - millions - like me - will be quite happy to do just that!

Don't KSI(?) or Fury even have a greatest supporter? Poor .........................................

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Wouldn't bother watching this shit. Joshua is fighting a bum that fought last week 🫠

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nobody will want to miss? Bit OTT there - millions - like me - will be quite happy to do just that!

Don't KSI(?) or Fury even have a greatest supporter? Poor .........................................

KSI had literally millions of supporters. He was ready to go to war tonight.

Much better from AJ in round 3, rocking Helenius back, almost toying with him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Former super-middleweight world champion George Groves:

"I predict an Anthony Joshua win. The best scenario is he blasts him away in a minute and a half. The second most ideal scenario is he boxes well, makes no mistake, punch perfect and he gets rid of him in four or five rounds.

"The worst case scenario is it goes past six rounds. That's not what we're here for. The show was saved to see him blast him out within four rounds. "

It's Round 7 already.

Edit - nice punch by Joshua to finish it. But I'm not sure how many at the top he'll have convinced by being taken to 7.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wow!!!!!

Awesome from AJ, absolutely flooring Helenius. Let's hope he's ok.

Diontay Wilder watch out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Helenius up, thank our mercies for that. One of the most destructive heavyweight punches of all time according to Tony Bellew. Eddie Hearn will be delighted with his nights work and the O2 go home happy.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not too impressed. Glad Helenius is okay, he looked gassed after 5 rounds and did brilliantly to reach 7 with practically no notice. Better conditioning won it, but AJ won’t have a chance if he boxes that cautiously against the top guys.

Undercard, however, was superb.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ooohhh Joshua floored some guy who had 5 days notice for a fight

Cool, boxing is fun

People are talking about KSI in this thread lol
KSI is one of the true fighters of our generation though. His unbeaten record deserves the ultimate respect from all the Fury family. I’d put him ahead of both the Paul brothers who I believe are doping via the prime drink. Not proven I must add - just an opinion that @crodonilson told me of - I don’t want the law on me for that comment.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only person who deserves a mention is Del Boy. Still putting it on the line. Must need the money but another win so going to be hard to stop him fighting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is he fighting Fury now or what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here