Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another US shooting

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just backdating your comment to exactly what it would've been a couple hundred years ago. TRADITION is no excuse in an increasingly small, global society. The video above makes a good simile regarding that.

Ignorance is bliss.

See it's like this, people want to ban it because they don't like it and it doesn't affect them. Suggest banning/restricting something they enjoy and they will not stand for it.

Point in case alcohol vs guns. Alcohol has a far more devastating affect on the "global society" than guns do. Yet if I suggested to most of the anti-guns people in this thread that alcohol needs to be heavily restricted and watered down they wouldn't stand for it.

There's no need for alcohol above 1% strength, wouldnt you agree?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ignorance is bliss.

See it's like this, people want to ban it because they don't like it and it doesn't affect them. Suggest banning/restricting something they enjoy and they will not stand for it.

Point in case alcohol vs guns. Alcohol has a far more devastating affect on the "global society" than guns do. Yet if I suggested to most of the anti-guns people in this thread that alcohol needs to be heavily restricted and watered down they wouldn't stand for it.

You picked the wrong person. I don't drink and wouldn't really have an issue with it not being around anymore. Genuinely though I'd be interested in your counters on what Jim Jeffries says - I think he makes a lot of very good points.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What are you on about?

I live in the U.S. and you're painting this as if everyone in big cities are liberals and everyone in Alabama is a rifle toting nut job.

Have you spent any time here? Or is this just opinion from afar?

I did in the 90's. I noticed a difference in the people in the big cities compared to those in the rural areas

The people in South Dakota were far more pro-guns than those I came across in NY city or LA, San Fran, etc.

I don;t ebelive the vast vast majority of people or gun owners in the US are nut jobs, thus I dont see any point turning a great many of those people into criminals over night because some people don't like guns.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Ignorance is bliss.

Did you know it is an offense to drink alcohol in public places in NYC and that the legal age of consumption is 21?

Stop trying to be controversial for its own sake....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You picked the wrong person. I don't drink and wouldn't really have an issue with it not being around anymore. Genuinely though I'd be interested in your counters on what Jim Jeffries says - I think he makes a lot of very good points.

I think he's wrong that they offer no protection. They are one of the best forms of protection for someone if you are trained to a high level(which all people should be if they carry them).

Switzerland prove if you are trained well in their use they can be held in private homes with relative safety. The Swiss have vast amounts of guns in suburban homes. Which simply shows its not the guns that are the issue, it's the culutre of the people who have them which is.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Did you know it is an offense to drink alcohol in public places in NYC and that the legal age of consumption is 21?

Stop trying to be controversial for its own sake....

I'm not. I own guns.

When my government told me that they will pass a law that turns me into a criminal overnight and force me to sell MY property because they say I have to I pretty much thought **** you and buried the guns.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be honest, I am going to hang fire on whether this is a true event. It seems the Sandy Hook shootings and the Boston Marathon bombing were false flag events. If you don't believe me, do some research. You will be shocked at how these so-called events were staged and in the case of Sandy Hook, the cynical way that the parents made their children collude with government agencies and the media. There are some dark and subversive forces at play in the US.

peculiar thing about those events, which were very real for those dead and wounded, is that nothing came from them. every major event in America gets pounced upon by the conspiracy theorists as a false flag for some upcoming counter-event... which never happens.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not. I own guns.

When my government told me that they will pass a law that turns me into a criminal overnight and force me to sell MY property because they say I have to I pretty much thought **** you and buried the guns.

Not been any massacres since your government asked people to do that though. Gun crime is down, people in rural areas seem pretty happy, still hunting too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not. I own guns.

But surely you can see that not all gun owners are as sensible and balanced as you

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not been any massacres since your government asked people to do that though. Gun crime is down, people in rural areas seem pretty happy, still hunting too.

There have been masacres, just not by guns. A mother stabbed 8 children to death, remember that? ban knives? Course not.

And then there's the arson masacres. Ban anything which can start fires?

Shit lets ban anything which can kill someone jsut because it "might" happen one day.

Oh hunting people in the rural areas are happy, more than a few are still using the guns the Government banned.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But surely you can see that not all gun owners are as sensible and balanced as you

I can see that. However that is no reason to ban something.

Should alcohol be heavily restricted and policed because a fair % of people who use it can't use it responsibly?

If we are apply the penalise the vast majority because of the actons of a few line to guns why shouldn't it then be applied to everything?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There have been masacres, just not by guns. A mother stabbed 8 children to death, remember that? ban knives? Course not.

And then there's the arson masacres. Ban anything which can start fires?

Shit lets ban anything which can kill someone jsut because it "might" happen one day.

Oh hunting people in the rural areas are happy, more than a few are still using the guns the Government banned.

Fair points although I for one am very happy that the government did the buy back thing. I feel far safer living in a society where guns are controlled. It is far to easy and efficient to kill with guns.

They didn't ban guns because it 'might happen one day" they banned guns because it did happen. the fact is that it hasn't happened since and most people have managed to adjust to the way of living and since i have lived in Australia you are only the second person I have ever heard complaining about it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He was white, they're all the same.

Don't be racist.

For all we know he could have been the leader of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People...

rachel-dolezal1.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair points although I for one am very happy that the government did the buy back thing. I feel far safer living in a society where guns are controlled. It is far to easy and efficient to kill with guns.

They didn't ban guns because it 'might happen one day" they banned guns because it did happen. the fact is that it hasn't happened since and most people have managed to adjust to the way of living and since i have lived in Australia you are only the second person I have ever heard complaining about it.

Only the second person you've heard burying their guns in their backyard, or is that a first?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here