Another UKIP rascist remark

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
True, but it's slowly, or rather quite quickly being chipped away at.
How many times (unless you are a certain easily offended religion) is the person/s etc that is meant to be the one/s offended are not, only for those who have not been offended but feel offended on behalf of those that have not been offended.
Yeah spot on....the british humour was all about offending people in a funny way,sadly that's not the case anymore.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know Chinese/Malaysian people and I'm pretty sure they'd find the term chinky offensive and I'd feel uncomfortable if I heard it. It seems the Asian population are still fair game to imitate and make fun of even by "top" comedians these days

"They'd find the term offensive". Have you asked them?

"I'd feel uncomfortable" - yes, but it's not addressed to you, so is it any of your business?

I, for instance, haven't got the slightest concern about being called 'Rosbifs' by the French - but I wonder if they've got people like you who assume I ought to be offended, then declare themselves to be uncomfortable, and try to ban it. Supposing I call the French 'Frogs' and they couldn't give a toss about it either (maybe they do, maybe they don't - I don't know so I'm not actually calling them that) would you feel you had the right to go all PC on me just because you felt uncomfortable?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah spot on....the british humour was all about offending people in a funny way,sadly that's not the case anymore.
I agree, I'm all for taking the piss out of each other and know we have the best humour in the world but as stated its an era thing, many people from my era mid twenties see the term chinky just as bad as the N word

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and the same berk looking for scapegoats:rolleyes
regards
DR

Looking for scapegoats? For what?
I think its a good thing that the statesmen/statewomen of the UKIP will ensure they are unlikely to win a single seat, and remain a laughing stock.
There was no need for the 'comment' but if thats the sort of politicians you put your vote behind, good luck.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The year I spent in Oz I lost count how many times I was called a whinging Pom - was I offended ? No. Some people need to stop being offended on other peoples behalf. I'd be interested if the lady in question was offended - I bet she wasn't.

It's all in the delivery and context, isn't it?

I spent a fair time in Malawi and South America. I was labelled Mzungu and Gringo, respectively.

However, I was never dismissed as being one of them, it was engaging me.

I'm not offended by her comments, I'm sure the lady in question is not mortally offended, but one has to question whether the UKIP lady is worthy of votes for being such a twit.

Jan 30, 2008
Looking for scapegoats? For what?
I think its a good thing that the statesmen/statewomen of the UKIP will ensure they are unlikely to win a single seat, and remain a laughing stock.
There was no need for the 'comment' but if thats the sort of politicians you put your vote behind, good luck.
You comments on UKIP are laughable as was proved a short while back:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's all in the delivery and context, isn't it?

I spent a fair time in Malawi and South America. I was labelled Mzungu and Gringo, respectively.

However, I was never dismissed as being one of them, it was engaging me.

I'm not offended by her comments, I'm sure the lady in question is not mortally offended, but one has to question whether the UKIP lady is worthy of votes for being such a twit.

Agreed the context does make a difference sometimes. I guess the time I was called that as I was being dragged across the bar by a drunk Aussie for refusing to serve him I should maybe have been slightly offended !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You comments on UKIP are laughable as was proved a short while back:rolleyes:

I will be very surprised if the wankers win a single seat......we can come back to the thread.
Anyway, back to the pointless use of this phrase by this stateswoman of the UKIP, that has offended the woman, and her husband, both UKIP supporters.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"They'd find the term offensive". Have you asked them?

"I'd feel uncomfortable" - yes, but it's not addressed to you, so is it any of your business?

I, for instance, haven't got the slightest concern about being called 'Rosbifs' by the French - but I wonder if they've got people like you who assume I ought to be offended, then declare themselves to be uncomfortable, and try to ban it. Supposing I call the French 'Frogs' and they couldn't give a toss about it either (maybe they do, maybe they don't - I don't know so I'm not actually calling them that) would you feel you had the right to go all PC on me just because you felt uncomfortable?
I'm the most un PC person you'll ever meet, like I said its an era thing, move with the times, we don't use the N word anymore and the majority of my generation don't use the term chinky anymore so eventually it'll die out. There's nothing wrong with having banter with people but that term has been known to be used in a derogatory way so even if you're saying it in a harmless way there'll always be people that find it offence

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The person who was quoted as being 'offended', was the womans UKIP supporting husband, resulting in four pages of NSC's usuals, blaming the 'PC Brigade'.

I was replying to a post by sir albion stating "Our british humor is renown world wide...we have a sense of humor that no other country can match"....i did observe that in THIS case it was the woman's husband that was seemingly offended.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The lady in questions shock at the term suggests she may have been offended as well...

There was absolutely no reason for the woman to use the term, and for a 'politician' its laughable.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can't quite get my head around this. UKIP who have many black and Asian candidates, are racist.....the woman who is Thai is a member of UKIP (the racist party) is not offended, but her husband (also a member of the racist party) and presumably not Thai....is offended.........Mmmmm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i defy anyone to look at the picture on BBC of Mr & Mrs Munday and not think of Little Britian.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can't quite get my head around this. UKIP who have many black and Asian candidates, are racist.....the woman who is Thai is a member of UKIP (the racist party) is not offended, but her husband (also a member of the racist party) and presumably not Thai....is offended.........Mmmmm.

Mrs Munday said: "I'm from Thailand. I'm married to an Englishman and now I'm British.

"No-one has ever spoken about me like that before."

Sort of suggests she is less than thrilled.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I like the fact that the quoted person who found the remark 'offensive' is the womans UKIP supporting husband....... but for the usual suspects...its PC gone mad.
I like the fact that Dave is offended..............again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports