Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP rascist remark

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I have spent time in france and am aware that they call - or at least used to call - is les rosbifs, after our national dish. I do not find that offensive, and appreciate it is funny.

But that is probably not a very good example. If someone is likely to be offended, it should not be used.

And when you say it may be a generational thing, how old are you? I turned 61 last month, so am not in the first flush of youth myself.
In the modern era no word is bloody acceptable it seem's!!!
Im 41 and saying things like "off to the chinky"is still used by me and many more....I would suspect 99% of Chinese people who own the chinkys,don't have a problem with it as its been common for generation's.
All this political correctness rubbish is getting beyond a joke to be fair....Where do you draw the line?

Why should british people be forced into being cultural?
Its all one way traffic isn't it?

I respect your views and opinions though:)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
In the modern era no word is bloody acceptable it seem's!!!
Im 41 and saying things like "off to the chinky"is still used by me and many more....I would suspect 99% of Chinese people who own the chinkys,don't have a problem with it as its been common for generation's.
All this political correctness rubbish is getting beyond a joke to be fair....Where do you draw the line?

Why should british people be forced into being cultural?
Its all one way traffic isn't it?

I respect your views and opinions though:)
I'd draw the line at saying that because that is in fact racist

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What is? "Off to the chinky"?
I know Chinese/Malaysian people and I'm pretty sure they'd find the term chinky offensive and I'd feel uncomfortable if I heard it. It seems the Asian population are still fair game to imitate and make fun of even by "top" comedians these days

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But that is probably not a very good example. If someone is likely to be offended, it should not be used.

So just out of interest, if a ref found being called a w**nker by the crowd offensive should it be stopped ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I like the fact that the quoted person who found the remark 'offensive' is the womans UKIP supporting husband....... but for the usual suspects...its PC gone mad.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I'd draw the line at saying that because that is in fact racist
I think so idiots, in fact a lot of idiots need to understand what a racist actually is.

Calling the chinesse shop the chinky, is not a racist comment. It's a short term for the chinesse takeaway.

Racist : Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

Don't really see how using the word chinky is racist...... oh what, you are quoting it as a fact........... taking of pussies is a **** a race of people?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I know Chinese/Malaysian people and I'm pretty sure they'd find the term chinky offensive and I'd feel uncomfortable if I heard it. It seems the Asian population are still fair game to imitate and make fun of even by "top" comedians these days
Its not making fun of them though is it?
I really like Chinese people and who wouldn't ?
To me its not bloody racist....chinky=Chinese takeway,Its that bloody simple.

Ity=italian takeway:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The year I spent in Oz I lost count how many times I was called a whinging Pom - was I offended ? No. Some people need to stop being offended on other peoples behalf. I'd be interested if the lady in question was offended - I bet she wasn't.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I think so idiots, in fact a lot of idiots need to understand what a racist actually is.

Calling the chinesse shop the chinky, is not a racist comment. It's a short term for the chinesse takeaway.

Racist : Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

Don't really see how using the word chinky is racist...... oh what, you are quoting it as a fact........... taking of pussies is a **** a race of people?

I am from south-east Asia and I find the term derogatory and racist. I got called it many times at school in the 1980's. It's sad that some people who still use the word haven't moved on.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Our british humor is renown world wide...we have a sense of humor that no other country can match.

True, but it's slowly, or rather quite quickly being chipped away at.
How many times (unless you are a certain easily offended religion) is the person/s etc that is meant to be the one/s offended are not, only for those who have not been offended but feel offended on behalf of those that have not been offended.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
True, but it's slowly, or rather quite quickly being chipped away at.
How many times (unless you are a certain easily offended religion) is the person/s etc that is meant to be the one/s offended are not, only for those who have not been offended but feel offended on behalf of those that have not been offended.

The person who was quoted as being 'offended', was the womans UKIP supporting husband, resulting in four pages of NSC's usuals, blaming the 'PC Brigade'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here