Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dandyman

In London village.
Actually the convention on human rights was drafted in to UK Law by the democratically elected Labour Party. This was to allow people to be able to file under the act in UK courts without having to go to court in Strasbourg - a court which is overseen by the Council of Europe who drafted the original convention. This may be UKIP policy but it's got nothing to do with the EU or unelected European lawyers.

There you go, CONFUSING the issue with facts. Why oh why can't we just be satisfied with ill-informed gibberish.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I take it you don't like my idea of an island utopia for the UKIPs?

Daily Mail Island, as long suggested by Charlie Brooker? Great idea. Then sink it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Calm down dear! You're getting so worked up that you are not paying attention to your grammar and spelling. But don't worry I am not a grammar Nazi! I'm sure you're a decent chap, after all you are an Albion fan. I will be paying yet another visit to Prague in the near future. Perhaps we could meet up? You could either "smash me" as a racist/fascist or alternatively get smashed with me in one of the many excellent Czech bars, talking about the Albion and the one thing we know we both share in common.

Im quite calm. I will give you a VIP Zizkov tour.... im currently building up a route... I have 8 bars currently, but they tend to be of the spit and sawdust variety, and liberal with grass...I can adjust if required :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
OK I will give you one reason...................

He has not been in power, therefore he has not taken the country into an illegal war at the cost of many thousands of lives and millions of pounds of taxpayers money.

There are many MPs (across the political divide) who are standing for re-election who supported that act of lunacy...............

But go on................knock yourself out about what someone from UKIP just tweeted about a Romanian.

Ah, the racism is distracting people from the real issue here. You think Cameron's been soft on the city, God forbid Farage should ever have any influence.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And ive seen you have been on every one of the 'debates'....for this party, and others...are you obsessed about the 'left'?

You seem to be obsessed with both almost like a palace fan in disguise .... think we need Bozza to open a special I hate every one who doesn't vote for the party I am forum ... I would much rather know what is happening closer to home like Errrrmmmm the ALBION

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Actually the convention on human rights was drafted in to UK Law by the democratically elected Labour Party. This was to allow people to be able to file under the act in UK courts without having to go to court in Strasbourg - a court which is overseen by the Council of Europe who drafted the original convention. This may be UKIP policy but it's got nothing to do with the EU or unelected European lawyers.

The democratically loony left then

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is the debate in a nutshell.

Some people do not believe there is a problem with the current system of immigration.

Every poll will tell them a majority of the population think immigration is an issue.

the debate should in theory be simple,the pros and cons of immigration policies and their relation to the European Union.

The problem is there is no debate,there is a concerted effort to avoid it at all costs.Mud slinging is the easy option..........but only in the short term!

WTF do you get 'there is no debate over the EU or immigration' from ?

The debate over immigration and the EU is going on daily and hourly within political parties, government, civil service departments, and various other bodies encompassing politicians from all parties, economists, various experts in their fields etc etc etc

There are disagreements between them over all sorts of aspects of the EU and immigration. In fact the only thing that unites the vast majority of them is agreement that UKIP's amateur vote catching foray to the areas of Britain who needs someone to blame for their woes isn't the answer and UKIP's 'policies' would mean economic disaster. (Hence why no-one who is likely to form any part of Government wants to leave the EU and why UKIP cannot put forward anyone with any level of qualification or experience).

Just because you refuse to partake in these discussions, doesn't mean they are not happening.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I think the issue is why do they think it is a problem? Have they looked at the numbers, studied and digested how many people come in legally, how many are estimated to come in illegally, what they add to the economy, what they take from the economy, how much of an affect they have on crime, studied how much is being spent on each immigrant, verses how much each immigrant brings in, the wider reaching benefits of migrations - the international relations and connections formed by treaties/simply having businesses in more than one country feeding into both, and drawing a conclusion from all of this, or are they opposed to immigration because the Daily Mail tells them so.

Are they just saying it because they don't really care about politics, but want to seem intelligent and involved so claim it just because they see it in the press? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_bias

I think the majority of people will be sick of being told by politicians how lucky they are to live in a multicultural society whilst none of the parties ever stood to be elected with an open door immigration policy...........possibly the greatest example of how many British people feel about the whole debate is neatly encapsulated by Gordon Brown following his exchange with Gillian Duffy, a long standing labour supporter no less.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Im quite calm. I will give you a VIP Zizkov tour.... im currently building up a route... I have 8 bars currently, but they tend to be of the spit and sawdust variety, and liberal with grass...I can adjust if required :)
Choices, excellent! It looks like a plan. I'll be in touch. The Albion left and right gelling together. If only they do that on the park!:wink:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There is the debate in a nutshell.

Some people do not believe there is a problem with the current system of immigration.

Every poll will tell them a majority of the population think immigration is an issue.

the debate should in theory be simple,the pros and cons of immigration policies and their relation to the European Union.

The problem is there is no debate,there is a concerted effort to avoid it at all costs.Mud slinging is the easy option..........but only in the short term!

Can't argue with that, I'd only ask that the start point would be to view foreigners as equals.....

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I can conceive that a lot of people consider immigration to be 'a problem', but I also think they are guided by a predominantly right wing press and are wrong. I

take it you don't like my idea of an island utopia for the UKIPs?

Some immigration is good and some immigration is bad; border controls if correctly implemented allow for the good and limit the bad.

This approach is neither racist or unreasonable; you may think of course that those people who want to reinstate such controls are "wrong" but then the alternative is that we should accept circumstances such as the item below as a mere collateral cost of free movement within the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ild-rapist-Victor-Akulic-allowed-into-UK.html

An island where sensible controls and reason reign does sound like a utopia, I will happily leave, in the meantime of course I take it you would have absolutely no problem with Mr Akulic and 9 of his mates moving next door to you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is so much crap spread about by people who are afraid of UKIP. This thread (the OP anyway - haven't bothered trawling through 18 pages) is another such. Last one was along the lines of 'Ten things you should know about UKIP' - or something like that. They were all lies.

Jan 30, 2008
there is so much crap spread about by people who are afraid of ukip. This thread (the op anyway - haven't bothered trawling through 18 pages) is another such. Last one was along the lines of 'ten things you should know about ukip' - or something like that. They were all lies.
as i've said ,let the voters do the talking :)
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
oh, so, because its twitter, blogs and fb...theres no validity? haha..you go with that...

AND AGAIN....if you care to check, and we have been through this before, you will not find me mention their policies...what I have
consistanly said, and what Kippers want to divert attention away from...is the party is full of racists, homophobics, neo Nazis (love the Hastings candidates tattoos). and mysoginists.
and there we have it from daveinsussex :dunce:
regards
DR

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ah,my old political sparring opponent has written his words of wisdom again.
So you want Labour back in power,they who ruined the economy,sold off our gold reserves,took us into an illegal war.,country run by Union Barons..take a look around Nibble,How's the country doing now ?...more exports,more jobs,economy getting stronger.
You mentioned in another post that UKIP are racist...we are a small country that can only hold so many extra souls,remember we have to house these people,give them schools, Doctors,NHS services,they have to have water,power and other services...where are they coming from...our overstretched power stations...do we sacrifice the Green Belt land to put estates up ? UKIP is NOT against immigration...they are against the country being flooded out with people.
Fact.Before election Labour promised a referendum on Europe but reneged
Fact,Before election Tories promised a referendum on Europe and reneged
Fact,Lib Dems would not consider a referendum.
So if I as a voter , would like a say in the referendum on the IN/OUT issue who is left to vote for.
UKIP.
European parliament may not be democractic,there might be a lot of 'fiddles' going on (unable to verify accounts for 13 odd years)
There is a lot of waste...moving parliament HQ from Brussels to Strasbourg every six months then back again.
If I thought that a European member of parliament...(Say European because if I single out a particular nation it would come with cries of Racist) was doing a terrible job in the government...could I vote against him or vote him out... NO oh! so very democractic.
Agree with you on one thing Nibs...you're right about Clegg....another who reneges on a promise.
If you think Labour are progressive...seem to remember no voter voted for Brown...he was handed that on a plate...Ed Milliband only got in with union backing...someone who is willing to Kow Tow to the Unions. Did Blair have a backbone,he that sidled up to Mr Bush...nah! (Wonder why Blair has blocked his letters from the Chilcott inquiry ? )

My god...you're right. It wasn't a global economic collapse caused by greedy bankers and stockbrokers selling each other bad debt over and over and over whilst creaming off commission every time they sold another batch of shit to each other until...oh, you guessed the rest. It was all down to Brown and his mob.

Labour were guilty of the same thing that every other developed country government was. They let the money fool them (cheered on at the time by Osborne incidentally) until the tide went out and they realised they weren't wearing any trunks. Illegal war? Which one was that? Iraq? Nope. Sanctioned by the UN. Chilcott inquiry. Don't you think with a Tory prime minister at the helm that, if there were skeletons, they'd have been dragged out of the closet by now?

Come on, try a bit harder.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know people are talking about the public having there say, but the Europol is hardly the haven of crucial decision making. Much of the EU directives come from faceless officials elsewhere. Voting for your Euro MP really is of little consequence.

A number of my friends from ethnic groups have been critical of my indifference towards UKIP, and what many see as a cancerous underbelly. I maintain that I don't believe UKIP has a default position of racism, homophobia and right wing elitism. Its ordinary supporter base has a default position which lends itself to a fear of the unknown, amplified by the proclamations of a right wing media. If someone tells me they vote UKIP I will never make an instant assumption about their character, as many do, I will just try and reason as to what has led them to this point. I do ask myself, though, if my indifference is heightened by the fact that this is the Euro elections, and not Westminster. Perhaps it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports