Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pie thread - what do you want next season...?

Which pies for next season (Tick as many as you like)

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chicken Balti doing well in the poll, did they sell well at the games? I had one when they were out of both chicken and steak, and it wasn't good - complete contrast to the standard.

Balti is a good option for cheap, shit pies, where it masks the quality of the pie and filling, it shouldn't be used for Piglet's Pantry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chicken Balti doing well in the poll, did they sell well at the games? I had one when they were out of both chicken and steak, and it wasn't good - complete contrast to the standard.

Balti is a good option for cheap, shit pies, where it masks the quality of the pie and filling, it shouldn't be used for Piglet's Pantry.

Quality, for me, varied. The first few I had came out OK. Subsequent ones improved as time went on and were ultimately excellent.

About 15,500 were sold for the 18 or so games they were available.

Interesting you judge it on just one pie.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting you judge it on just one pie.
They're not complicated, and I imagine the ingredients are the same each time, so I didn't expect the taste to vary (obviously some won't be as hot, and some won't be as crispy etc). I never had a chicken and ham pie that wasn't nice, and although the quality of the steak varied a bit (as expected) they were all fairly good too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They're not complicated, and I imagine the ingredients are the same each time, so I didn't expect the taste to vary (obviously some won't be as hot, and some won't be as crispy etc). I never had a chicken and ham pie that wasn't nice, and although the quality of the steak varied a bit (as expected) they were all fairly good too.

It can vary.

Don't forget, the pies are hand-made. They also might not get the same supplier of chicken, beef etc (not that they get them from Forfars, as some numpty on here said) They might be to a given (constantly evolving) recipe, but a slip of the hand in cooking one particular batch... etc.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
What about a baked bean pie, like the ones you used to get in the pie shop at the top of St James's Street years ago? They were superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here