Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pie thread - what do you want next season...?

Which pies for next season (Tick as many as you like)

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was chatting to Jo from Piglet's Pantry earlier about the FBS pie thread - she would register on here but she's too frightened. Are you reading this Jo? FRIGHTENED.

Anyhoo, Seagullible crashed round at mine recently, and while nattering he suggested that for each game next season we have a core menu of three pies - say, Steak & Ale, Chicken & Ham, and Veggie Pie - PLUS a fourth 'special' pie, the filling for which would be taken from a pool of another, say, eight or ten pies. I put this to Jo, and she thought it a great idea, and would I put it to the 'big, scary people' who frequent NSC.

So with that in mind...

One - do you like the idea of four different pies each match - the three core pies, plus a special?

Two - if so, what pie would you like?

The options are, within reason, limitless and, subject to approval from Azure and the club, any recipe can be improved / changed for its next appearance in the kiosks.

I'll put a poll up in a mo for some suggestions we talked about, though feel free to add your own (again - within reason). I'm also adding ones which, for obvious reasons would have to be more expensive.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'd like an alternative veggie pie if possible. The current one is very nice but it would be nice to try something different (with cheese but definitely no mushrooms!!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
4 or maybe 5 different pies each match with one of them a "special"
Chicken and Chorizo (without the hint of sherry) sounds awesome but this could be a "core" pie in which case I would like to nominate Sussex Pasty (cornish pasty ingredients but in a pie)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I'm loving the thought of chicken + chorizo

Somehow didn't get to try the chilli pie at the dripping pan the other night - sounds very tasty though

They sell them in the Co-Op on Western Road. And they are.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chilli beef with a proper chilli kick. OK, maybe that option did get booted out by the club, but its the punters opinions that count. Oh, and maybe a second veggie option that non-veggies might go for. Something cheesy as others have said, maybe stilton and broccoli or something equally tasty and non-squashy.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd still like a Thai-style chicken, beef or vegetable pie...but I suspect I might be in the minority :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd like the name-drop pie please

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm up for themes a few times a season. We like regularity, but in it's essence it can of course grow dull. So, i'd go for something like Homeless Week in which all ingredients were based on what someone who sadly sometimes has to eat from park bins - not the red steaming ones - has to paw through and devour or items they'll catch in the wild. So, a nice pie with warmed-through worms, tin'o'bean sauce leftovers to wash over them and a sprinkle of daisies and dried bananaskins for added taste and nutrients. Or bits and bobs found in the waste of butchers and fishmarkets so a concoction of trout eyes, slightly hairy bovine vertebrae and chipped goose beaks.
We could have Lower Class Week in which every ingredient isn't what it says it is and covered in breadcrumb and Upper Class Week in which the pastry has a single sturgeon egg in it to keep it affordable for most and the rest of it filled with huffs of snooty air that the most normal of us might wish to absorb and emulate one day.

I haven't come up with what might be involved in either Lesbian Week or Battersea Dogs Home Week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here