Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pie thread - what do you want next season...?

Which pies for next season (Tick as many as you like)

• Total voters

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'd like bit less chicken and a little more sauce (brine) in the chicken, ham and leek - there's just too much meat in it for my taste.

Whilst I like the idea of a game pie it might not be to everyones taste.

I've never tried the Chicken Balti but it sounds nice as long as its fairly mild and not full of chilli powder.

Why is there no Rabbit option? Rabbit pie is delicious.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd like bit less chicken and a little more sauce (brine) in the chicken, ham and leek - there's just too much meat in it for my taste.

Whilst I like the idea of a game pie it might not be to everyones taste.

I've never tried the Chicken Balti but it sounds nice as long as its fairly mild and not full of chilli powder.

Why is there no Rabbit option? Rabbit pie is delicious.

Squirelled away under 'Game Pie'. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You wouldn't think sticking the right pie in the right box would be so taxing, would you?
I must have been given the wrong pie 1/4 times. Got in the habit of digging into the pie before leaving the till.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Right, I've voted for game then. The Beef and Stilton was lovely, but not quite right with ale - it's richness requires a good quality red wine, and I don't think you can get that outside Dick's.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I must have been given the wrong pie 1/4 times. Got in the habit of digging into the pie before leaving the till.

Why Piglets don't put a different pastry motif on the different pies I don't know, it would help the staff get it right. But no, they all look exactly the same from the outside.

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
Oh, it's gotta be something with cheese in it! Cheese and ham, steak and cheese or just a four cheese pie!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lemon Meringue.

Or what was that pie they had in the Roald Dahl books? Bird Pie. I guess that would be covered by the chicken varieties.

twits.jpg

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I love the idea of four with the rotating fourth slot, be great. I sadly doubt they'll manage to get the amazing Chilli pie past Azure, but I still put in a vote for that, along with the FBS pie and Beef and Stilton. All sound amazing.

I'm up for badger cull 2. All you need is an appetite and a machete. Bring your latest kill to the stadium - no dwarfs in badger suits allowed - and it'll be chopped, broiled and stuffed into a series of pies right in front of you. Get there at about 8am and your fleshy, black and white feast should be ready just in time for kick-off. Badgerkeepers claiming pets back can only recognise Nancy or Bertrand or whatever they call their carefully pruned wild by taste. If guessing correctly, then they can have a free headband or model kiln.

What about bat pie? Does that taste like chicken, or rodent, or a blend of both?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here