Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pie thread - what do you want next season...?

Which pies for next season (Tick as many as you like)

• Total voters

I'm up for themes a few times a season. We like regularity, but in it's essence it can of course grow dull. So, i'd go for something like Homeless Week in which all ingredients were based on what someone who sadly sometimes has to eat from park bins - not the red steaming ones - has to paw through and devour or items they'll catch in the wild. So, a nice pie with warmed-through worms, tin'o'bean sauce leftovers to wash over them and a sprinkle of daisies and dried bananaskins for added taste and nutrients. Or bits and bobs found in the waste of butchers and fishmarkets so a concoction of trout eyes, slightly hairy bovine vertebrae and chipped goose beaks.
We could have Lower Class Week in which every ingredient isn't what it says it is and covered in breadcrumb and Upper Class Week in which the pastry has a single sturgeon egg in it to keep it affordable for most and the rest of it filled with huffs of snooty air that the most normal of us might wish to absorb and emulate one day.

I haven't come up with what might be involved in either Lesbian Week or Battersea Dogs Home Week.

MB - you are a one! Apple pie just to go away from the savoury side of things.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Veggie option? Not convinced about bean and potatoe as a theory although the practise has potential - potatoe, cauliflower and pea?.

Spinach and cheese?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear, Beach Hut is in gormless twat mode again.

Despite being told by various posters on NSC about the nature of what name-dropping actually is, it doesn't appear to have got through. Tragic.

Back to suing the club, I fancy.

It was a quick win one, thanks :thumbsup::lolol::lolol:

And I love the fact being told anything on NSC really means anything at all

D

Deleted member 18477

Make sure the Christmas pie is back for the December games! I never got to try it :(

Chicken pies are my favourite. So chicken and chorizo or chicken fajita!

Also ditch the leek from the chicken and ham.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Because I don't have a season ticket, I can only go to a few games each season, so I don't mind paying a little extra for a lamb / beef pie, since each match I go to is like a special occasion. Hell, if I'm in the mood, I'll probably wolf down two or three!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Make sure the Christmas pie is back for the December games! I never got to try it :(

Chicken pies are my favourite. So chicken and chorizo or chicken fajita!

Also ditch the leek from the chicken and ham.

Really, you didn't miss anything with the Christmas pie.

I put Game Pie up there, because if there was going to be a Christmas Pie, she would consider making it out of venison / pheasant / alpaca / large dog.

D

Deleted member 18477

Really, you didn't miss anything with the Christmas pie.

I put Game Pie up there, because if there was going to be a Christmas Pie, she would consider making it out of venison / pheasant / alpaca / large dog.

Ahh fair enough. Usually turkey, stuffing and cranberry is gooooood!

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was selling the pies at the REMF match and usually help out at the unit but still haven't tried this chilli pie! Getting one brought home along with the chicken and corizio tomorrow though so can't complain too much.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd like two more veggie options so that we can attempt the hattrick.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm up for badger cull 2. All you need is an appetite and a machete. Bring your latest kill to the stadium - no dwarfs in badger suits allowed - and it'll be chopped, broiled and stuffed into a series of pies right in front of you. Get there at about 8am and your fleshy, black and white feast should be ready just in time for kick-off. Badgerkeepers claiming pets back can only recognise Nancy or Bertrand or whatever they call their carefully pruned wild by taste. If guessing correctly, then they can have a free headband or model kiln.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm up for badger cull 2. All you need is an appetite and a machete. Bring your latest kill to the stadium - no dwarfs in badger suits allowed - and it'll be chopped, broiled and stuffed into a series of pies right in front of you. Get there at about 8am and your fleshy, black and white feast should be ready just in time for kick-off. Badgerkeepers claiming pets back can only recognise Nancy or Bertrand or whatever they call their carefully pruned wild by taste. If guessing correctly, then they can have a free headband or model kiln.

Tastes like chicken though, doesn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The more choice, the more likely they'll not have the one you want (eg, they're not going to want a surplus of 6 different pies). Also, the more likely you'll be given the wrong one (again).

Keep it simple, keep them coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here