• andynaylor.jpg
    andynaylor.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 71

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He also said this which doesn’t quite tie in with what you’ve said

“Wouldn't say it was clear and obvious and, as the ref didn't give it, I'm not surprised the decision stood after VAR check.”
At first he did. And then, having seen the replay/different angle said . "Yes they did" to the question - Have Villa "got away with it ?" having seen the Sky clip that they shared on twitter. And said VAR should have sent the ref to the monitor - ie: give the penalty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He likes to troll Brighton fans to spark activity on his Twitter.

This time he realised he'd gone too far and made himself look silly so he had to back track.
Ridiculous. I saw it in real time from the East Stand Upper - didn't look like a penalty to me. I've now seen that angle and think it was. Am i trolling fans or just honestly reporting what i think.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Are some people simply not happy if they don't have someone/something to moan about or hold a grudge against?

I think this is why I struggle with social media. Ultimately I don't CARE about such inane things such as what a journalist has or hasn't written (or even posted on Twitter) – or the way it could be interpreted. What difference does it REALLY make to your life, apart from seemingly annoying you? Life's too short for that kind of shit.

Maybe I'm the odd one?
Yes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At first he did. And then, having seen the replay/different angle said . "Yes they did" to the question - Have Villa "got away with it ?" having seen the Sky clip that they shared on twitter. And said VAR should have sent the ref to the monitor - ie: give the penalty.
Yes i saw the earlier tweet where he thought it wasnt a penalty ….and then changed his mind after seeing replays (fair enough)..saying VAR should have given it but understanding why not (pffft to that one)…he seems to have covered all the no but yes but maybe angles :facepalm:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
'The guy has zero allegiance to the Albion.'

Why should he?
I dunno, because he's from Brighton, grew up in Brighton, lives in Brighton and makes his living off the club?

Oh, but Gordon Banks.. Yeah right Andy.

A choice of football team off the telly when you are a child is something to grow out of when you start actually going to games and reaching the understanding that, for better or worse, your local team represents you and your community. Opting for a team from a community to which you have no links at all and maintining that through adulthood is to me, deeply suspicious. Someone who writes about football doing it makes me distrust anything they have to say about the game, as it suggests that they are lacking an understanding of one of the fundamental reasons for any of this to matter. Have as deep an understanding of tactics, players, history, business etc. as you like, but if you don't understand the reason why any of it should matter to those looking on, you are missing the humanity of football and I have little interest in your opinion. See also Tim Lovejoy (Watford) and Nick Hornby (Reading).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If , by wrong, you mean he changed his mind on seeing more angles/footage. Then. He did.
I was directing that comment at Greg Bobkin not Naylor :rolleyes: and yes he did admit he's changed his mind

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any replay he saw showed a stonewall penalty. Stop digging.
He saw a replay - the Sky angle via Twitter - and said he now agreed VAR should have sent the ref to the monitor. Hence agreed, like you , that it was a penalty. Perhaps a stonewall one. What is it about that , that you're still upset about ?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He saw a replay - the Sky angle via Twitter - and said he now agreed VAR should have sent the ref to the monitor. Hence agreed, like you , that it was a penalty. Perhaps a stonewall one. What is it about that , that you're still upset about ?
I'm not upset about it, never was.

Just calling him out for what he does.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What is it about Brighton fans being pissed off that Naylor jumped straight in, knowing a replay was coming in seconds, stating it wasn’t a penalty that makes you keep defending him and knocking them? He should have waited 30 secs, as it is he made a fool of himself by thinking he didn’t need to see it again before twattering.

He was called out and it seems you object to that :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What is it about Brighton fans being pissed off that Naylor jumped straight in, knowing a replay was coming in seconds, stating it wasn’t a penalty that makes you keep defending him and knocking them? He should have waited 30 secs, as it is he made a fool of himself by thinking he didn’t need to see it again before twattering.

He was called out and it seems you object to that :shrug:

You know your music Icy - Does “I bet you think this tweet is about you” come to mind here…

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You know your music Icy - Does “I bet you think this tweet is about you” come to mind here…
It does seem that Naylor may have been blinded by “a total eclipse of the sun” :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here