Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - Reference to keyboard warriors

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Solid enough without being inspiring. Wolves fans seemed to suggest he is most effective going forward but not seen anything to support that yet. Out of all of them he has been the least disappointing and has provided stability in a difficult position to fill but was hoping to see more from him as an attacking outlet overlapping the winger.
i can see where u are coming from re going forward...although he did seem to form a good partnership with lua lua and likewise on saturday with conway...but i guess you would agree he definitely has shown commitment

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
i can see where u are coming from re going forward...although he did seem to form a good partnership with lua lua and likewise on saturday with conway...but i guess you would agree he definitely has shown commitment

I would agree with you regarding his commitment and of all summer acquisitions ward has been reliable and will naturally suffer in comparisons as bridges boots were big ones to fill.

I am undecided on Andrews, kemy and Conway and whilst time will tell I have been more encouraged by the hunger and ability of our youth prospects in particular ince and march who in my opinion will benefit and offer more in the longer term success of our club

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, I obviously can't. It was a slightly theoretical question, based on one of his tweets.

Edit.

This is all from ONE day, last week;

“@conway_cc: Looking for business partners for my team! Any hungry, determined people interested DM me for info, plenty of meetings coming up near you!!”
“@conway_cc: For more info fill in form http://t.co/3KP0xaOtlm get involved! £ to be made!”
“@conway_cc: Meetings coming up in Darlington, Doncaster, Derby, Aberdeen and Liverpool!”

Wow, I'm horrified, this is disgusting :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
[tweet]390500605103706112[/tweet]

Doesn't say how he is getting there, or exactly how close to match day he is going or how it interferes with his training.

https://twitter.com/conway_cc

Can't see where it confirms he attends the meetings himself, not that they are run by a representative.

Exactly. He may just be promoting them, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's going himself.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Naylor writing that article has just made the whole Conway situation a million times worse, Conway will be under even more pressure to perform now, pointless article.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Totally with you on this. Conway is dreadful, he did put 2 crosses in on Saturday, but the facts are that we created more clear cut chances when he went off and Buckley swapped wings.

In fairness to Conway that may be the answer for him, he actually should be playing on the right instead of the left........

I can't speak for Saturday, I chose to spend time with my dad and listen on the radio. He sounded to have played well, which is great. But we drew 0-0. For me, wingers should be on the side they are strongest. I love a good winger on his wing. Since Messi learnt to play on the right (because Ronaldinho played left for Barca at that time), all wingers want to invert. I hate it. Messi is Messi. The others (STEWART DOWNING), aren't.

Because some other NSCers say it, makes it true? Great argument.
Have we conceded a goal with Conway on the pitch yet?

Yes. If other great minds concur, then there is a CLEAR basis in argument. As for shipping them in, 2 at Ipswich for a start. Nailed you there my friend.

Is that Conways fault?...how many full matches has he played....seems like he's the easy target

He is an easy target because he OBVIOUSLY doesn't give a shit. I put money aside for the Norwich/Ipswich trip for MONTHS. Then he plays like that? If I want to call him dire, I will.

The burger van outside was splendid though. Bacon AND cheese for £4? Oi oi.

Naylor writing that article has just made the whole Conway situation a million times worse, Conway will be under even more pressure to perform now, pointless article.

Nailed it. Conway being highlighted is a disaster. He played well at Yeovil, let him be and let him build on a solid performance. Don't shine a spotlight on him. Build him up to fail... classic journalism.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would you be the star miner tomorrow morning? Would all the other miners look at you and think 'wow, that is some great mining!'? Would you be so familiar with every nook and cranny of the mine? Would you know exactly which co-miner needs what kind of assistance? Would you be on the same wavelength as your co-miners? Would you be able to put every moment of focus into mining and not for one second think about "hmm, where am I going to sleep tonight?... I really need to get a place of my own"? Would you be able to put your late term pregnant wife out of your mind while going about doing the same routine every single day?

No one is asking you to feel sorry for him. Just to have a bit of perspective about his performances.

Well said. Anyone would have to be inhuman not to be affected in some way by what he has gone through in the last few weeks. Any man with any sense would be at least uneasy to put a heavily pregnant wife through that upheaval and uncertainty, whether she goes with him to the hotel room, or whether she stays behind and has to endure the separation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bollocks Naylor. We all have to work through lifes upheavals of births, deaths, marriages. I think the big problem here is that Conway was signed when we really needed a striker, so too much expectation on him to score and create.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't think he's played particularly well so far myself (though Yeovil was a slight improvement), but equally, I don't necessarily read that tweet of his and assume that it's going to be him flying all over the country dealing with his business issues.

Just a local newspaper trying to fill the back page when there's nothing else to report. Meh.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stick a monkey in the same room as a typewriter and he would write a better story than this

As you have been proving on NSC for years! ;)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't think he's played particularly well so far myself (though Yeovil was a slight improvement), but equally, I don't necessarily read that tweet of his and assume that it's going to be him flying all over the country dealing with his business issues.

Just a local newspaper trying to fill the back page when there's nothing else to report. Meh.

Yup...thats about it.
Conway hugged the left touchline and saw more of the ball v Yeovil. One very good near post cross set up Barnes but as usual, it went begging. There were a number of slightly over-hit crosses and the rather embarrassing run and attempted shot, which ended in a complete scuff and a tangle of limbs.
Conway is slightly unbalanced as a player and regularly seems on the verge of a half-stumble. He needs to see a sports scientist to sort out his cadence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sensitive AND emotional? Apart from the tautology, I find it a little rich coming from you to be mentioning 'emotional' and 'Twitter' in the same post, dear.

Just LOLed on the train. Now everyone thinks I'm the crazy person.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He is an easy target because he OBVIOUSLY doesn't give a shit. I put money aside for the Norwich/Ipswich trip for MONTHS. Then he plays like that? If I want to call him dire, I will.

The burger van outside was splendid though. Bacon AND cheese for £4? Oi oi.

Dear of course you can have an opinion...but obvious he doesnt give a shit?....meh..and whats with norwich/ipswich? Indeed burger van was cool.indeed the whole Yeovil experience was surreal

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Personally I don't see an issue with him having business interests outside of football and I very much doubt he is personally attending all these meetings across the country.

I would also argue that Kemy Agustien using the phrase "fcking tw&ts" on his Twitter which is no doubt followed by younger supporters is a little less professional than tweeting some details about a business...

But Conway has been disappointing and he does need to up his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here