Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - Reference to keyboard warriors

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry, please remind me of what you are refering to ???

No need to apologise. I'm referring to you getting extremely emotional about something you saw on Twitter and then started a thread here only last week about it. Comments about how disgusted you were, threats to report the people concerned to the club, that sort of thing. Don't tell me you've forgotten that, surely?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
"Extremists" is the wrong word to use for people expressing their opinion on a poor performance. That's the gap in understanding between someone who pays to watch a 0-0 at Yeovil and someone who gets paid to go there.

It does remind me a little of all of Andy's attacks on "the whingers" (trains, catering, toilets etc etc) in the early Amex days. I wonder if he is critical of Stoke City players? It must be hard to get worked up about performances by players of a team you don't support? I know I couldn't care less about any players not wearing blue and white stripes, other than those in the opposing ranks (and maybe Palace players and their opponents.....)

I notice he has been semi critical of the club in the lack of adequate cover up front today. "Accident waiting to happen." If one wanted to play devil's advocate one might suggest this is a) wisdom post event or b) the type of thing the keyboard warriors have been saying for some time....

Me, I think the truth lies somewhere in between. It's all about opinions Andy, it would be a strange old place if everyone agreed. Don't presume that yours is more important than others (disregarding the handful of dribblers EVERY club has.)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I notice he has been semi critical of the club in the lack of adequate cover up front today. "Accident waiting to happen." If one wanted to play devil's advocate one might suggest this is a) wisdom post event or b) the type of thing the keyboard warriors have been saying for some time....

That sir, is an excellent point.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A friend of mine did the same job but for Swindon. I can assure you it's neither cushy or particularly well paid. Sounded pretty rubbish actually

Yeah, well that job is in Swindon, for starters...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No need to apologise. I'm referring to you getting extremely emotional about something you saw on Twitter and then started a thread here only last week about it. Comments about how disgusted you were, threats to report the people concerned to the club, that sort of thing. Don't tell me you've forgotten that, surely?

Oh, I think you mean the pedophile photo fit humour of our manager uploaded on a supporters twitter page ??? The one that you found hilarious ???

The image that was taken down and included an apology for their ill conceived and insensitive post. ???

You will find that in hindsight that they regret such a post and even they would agree that it didn’t look good as a permanent fixture in their fans twitter feed photo album. I did them a favour by bringing it to their attention.

It’s very different from you being disgusted and getting emotional over a player for tweeting some NUTRITION industry meetings. That’s what I call sensitive ??? and irrational ???

You really don’t get it do you :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh Jesus, you really ought to lay off the smileys. Your posts look like a home-made website circa 1998.

For the record, I didn't find that post hilarious. I said at the time it was a very weak joke. You probably missed that what with you being too busy pissing your knickers about the whole thing. Your meltdown on here about it, however, was very funny. Mind you it was tragic also, so perhaps I shouldn't have laughed.

I don't "get" you. That's for sure. I can live with that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh Jesus, you really ought to lay off the smileys. Your posts look like a home-made website circa 1998.

For the record, I didn't find that post hilarious. I said at the time it was a very weak joke. You probably missed that what with you being too busy pissing your knickers about the whole thing. Your meltdown on here about it, however, was very funny. Mind you it was tragic also, so perhaps I shouldn't have laughed.

I don't "get" you. That's for sure. I can live with that.

I don't regret making a valid point, I am glad to have made a difference, and I will stand by it.

However don't you see the irony in you "pissing your knickers" having a "meltdown" and being "sensitive and emotional" over Conways nutrition meetings?

I am also happy to leave this here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't regret making a valid point, I am glad to have made a difference, and I will stand by it.

However don't you see the irony in you "pissing your knickers" having a "meltdown" and being "sensitive and emotional" over Conways nutrition meetings?

I am also happy to leave this here.

There's no contradiction because I'm struggling to raise any emotion above bemusement regarding Conway's tweets. I tell you what, I'll let you know if it rises to the level at which I threaten to grass his tweets up to the club at which point you and I can get together to discuss the meanings of the words 'disgust', 'emotional' and the best pants to wear in case of emergency.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
oh, i think you mean the pedophile photo fit humour of our manager uploaded on a supporters twitter page ??? The one that you found hilarious ???

The image that was taken down and included an apology for their ill conceived and insensitive post. ???

You will find that in hindsight that they regret such a post and even they would agree that it didn’t look good as a permanent fixture in their fans twitter feed photo album. I did them a favour by bringing it to their attention.

It’s very different from you being disgusted and getting emotional over a player for tweeting some nutrition industry meetings. That’s what i call sensitive ??? And irrational ???

You really don’t get it do you :lolol:

Look at me! I censored the internet! Now you've thought of the children won't someone please give me a medal?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There's no contradiction because I'm struggling to raise any emotion above bemusement regarding Conway's tweets. I tell you what, I'll let you know if it rises to the level at which I threaten to grass his tweets up to the club at which point you and I can get together to discuss the meanings of the words 'disgust', 'emotional' and the best pants to wear in case of emergency.

You are pissed with me because I drew a line on pedophile humour so I don't think meeting up and discussing it will change my mind.

I did the fans twitter feed a favour, and I am 100% sure in hindsight they are glad that the image hasn't remained a permanent fixture on their photo album.

As I said in my previous post, I am happy to leave it here so I think we can agree on that if nothing else.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You are pissed with me.

Really, I'm not although if you carry on using Americanisms then I might just get miffed. Irked even.

so I don't think meeting up and discussing it will change my mind..

Err...please don't take me so literally. The bit about getting together to discuss the best pants to wear wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I did the fans twitter feed a favour, and I am 100% sure in hindsight they are glad that the image hasn't remained a permanent fixture on their photo album.

That's nice. I doubt they see it that way but once again I've Conway-esque levels of shit-giving regarding your heroics on the internet.

I am happy to leave it here so I think we can agree on that if nothing else.

Yes, we'll probably disagree on everything else but on this specifically it seems we're both happy for you to leave it here.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Really, I'm not although if you carry on using Americanisms then I might just get miffed. Irked even.

Err...please don't take me so literally. The bit about getting together to discuss the best pants to wear wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

That's nice. I doubt they see it that way but once again I've Conway-esque levels of shit-giving regarding your heroics on the internet.

Yes, we'll probably disagree on everything else but on this specifically it seems we're both happy for you to leave it here.

Good job, four jokes in one.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
People who don't rate Andy Naylor should pick up the local papers when they go to away games and be thankful. The worst reporter is the one-eyed tosser at Peterborough who berated Inigo Calderon for diving and feigning injury throughout our 3-0 win at London Road in 2010-11 and refused to change his tune even when Calde came out to do interviews with blood seeping through the bandages on his injured foot where he'd been kicked in the first ten minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here