Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy naylor poyet lying about vicente

Camicus

Wages wages wages if he cant play for 6 moths of the year no point in having him if he can play and refuses to no point in him being here. Big talent yes but if hes not on the pitch then its irrelevent we need talant week in week out not just 2 matches a year

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Doh!

Last edited:

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I haven't read the entire thread right now cos I don't have the time. But having read a large portion of it one thing strikes me. The huge degree of anger and resentment from many here which appears to be aimed at someone who is possibly the greatest and most talented player to ever pull on a Brighton shirt.

I feel it's massively out of place to make judgements on him and the entire situation when it's clear that no-one really knows all the facts.

My personal opinion is that I will be massively surprised if we see his name on the teamsheet again. However, I would still love to see him play again and let's hope he does. In the meantime let's grow up, start showing some bloody respect. Let's all hope that we get the pleasure of seeing him grace the Amex pitch again.

Ole.

Glad to see a rational and entirely reasonable view of the Vicente situation.
Ole !

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
He's not the greatest and most talented player to ever have pulled on an albion shirt

He's good and he had/has talent but some people on here go way over the top or play too much fifa to give out statements like that.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He's not the greatest and most talented player to ever have pulled on an albion shirt

He's good and he had/has talent but some people on here go way over the top or play too much fifa to give out statements like that.

True. There'll only ever be one Johnny Crumplin.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Where has it been stated that he's on 25k a week? Personally I'd be surprised if he's on that much, but maybe I've missed something.

He's most probably taken the figure from Football Manager. There's not a whiff of a real figure anywhere, nor should there be.

That was what he was on last season so he'll more likely be on the same this season

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

NO?

Name a better player then?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
NO?

Name a better player then?

Mark Lawrenson. Anyway you need to make more than a handful of starts before you get that mantle and have played in the top flight for us in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That was what he was on last season so he'll more likely be on the same this season

It does make me laugh when posters expect us to believe any old nonsense on Nsc. There is a wage cap at the Albion and nobody knows what Vicente is earning.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nope. The same as it's always been. Tendons are funny things and are much harder to predict how long they will take to heal and treat compared to muscles.

Especially the funny bone tendons.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The odd thing about all this is the time that says he'll be back. As someone that suffers with depression, the illness can be so debilitating that you can't even think about tomorrow, next month or next year so to put a date on when he'll be back is strange. I'm not saying that Vicente hasn't got the illness but it could make him feel even worse as the time approaches for his comeback and he's still feeling awful. Where does that leave him in his career?

There could well be more to this than meets the eye. A failed drugs test perhaps and the FA have refused to let him play? It's obviously highly unlikely though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't we just get Boyd and forget that Vicente / Harley ever happened ?

Nope.

It is a bit strange though. Vicente is just too good. We need Crofts and Bridge as well though. We don't need or even want Boyd.

There is a player we need though: a midfielder with the character of Horton, Wilson or Curbishley. I thought it would be Matt Sparrow, but he had not even got a number.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here