Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy naylor poyet lying about vicente

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I doubt he will play for us again, will probably go in January .. bad decision to invoke the extra year as his heart hasn't been in it since then

Im afraid we brought this upon oursleves . When Gus saud last year he didnt have to stay if he didnt want to he should of stuck to his word. We have nothing to grumble about!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am not saying he is on anything like that , but i seem to recall a quote from Big Sam at Westham saying he was offered to West Ham and they turned him down for his wage demands and that he was suprised he went to brighton . It was also at the same time we got CMS

He didn't say that. He said West Ham wanted him but he chose us and speculated we might be paying him more than they offered.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Forget Vicente.He got the hump because we enforced a contract that he signed and will probably never play for us again.Is he topping up his tan or his bank account at our expense? Who cares.Has he fallen into a fit of depression? Sad for him if he has.

We have a lot of players turning out for our side,and if I was the one who got replaced by the Spanish sick note I'd be royally piddled off.

Forget him .He's gone.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Go on then where is he???

Well when we are at home he sits behind the dug out with the rest of the squad who are not involved. Can't comment on what he does at other times

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So assuming libel laws, please show me exactly where a. Andy naylor called Gus poyet a liar, and b. Gus poyet lied to anyone about vicente's fitness and when he was 'hoping' to have him back?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They seek him here,
They seek him there,
They seek Vicente everywhere,

Is he in Brighton?
Or is he in Spain?
Don't think we will ever,
See him play again.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Forget Vicente.He got the hump because we enforced a contract that he signed and will probably never play for us again.Is he topping up his tan or his bank account at our expense? Who cares.Has he fallen into a fit of depression? Sad for him if he has.

We have a lot of players turning out for our side,and if I was the one who got replaced by the Spanish sick note I'd be royally piddled off.

Forget him .He's gone.

Mostly agreed. I have no idea but based on the rumours I have my suspicions of which one seems to explain the whole scenario quite well. The point is I think most of us have given up on the idea of maybe seeing Vicente's name on the teamsheet when we turn up for a game.

The only place I disagree with you is that I, for one, would be thrilled to turn up one day and see his name there. Last year it was one game out of nowhere that suddenly got his fitness and confidence flying so I wouldn't complain if it happened again!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
massive shame this whole scenario.......the guy is obviously one of the best to ever pull on an Albion shirt but unfortunately appears to be way too fragile for championship football ,if we are still paying him 25k a week it is very bad business on our part.

I don't buy this to fragile crap. He seemed ok the last dozen games of last season, week in week out. Seemed ok pre season, started against Swindon and came on against Cardiff....Now this again,,,the only thing wrong with Vicente, is he don't want to f***ing be here, end of!!!

Dec 29, 2011
massive shame this whole scenario.......the guy is obviously one of the best to ever pull on an Albion shirt but unfortunately appears to be way too fragile for championship football ,if we are still paying him 25k a week it is very bad business on our part.

That 25k figure has been pulled out of your arse, he isn't on 25k/week (he's not even top earner)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No...he has ' tender-itis '.....slightly different. It is a fairly rare condition where the sufferer is susceptible to the slightest thing. Sleeping awkwardly, getting out of a chair too quickly, sneezing too strongly and straining muscles, breaking finger-nails, a change in the weather, a change of tv channel, people speaking too loudly, mass noise together ( e.g football stadiums ), bright lights, darkness, dogs, cats, birds, fish, anything green, Portugal, England, the sea, places beginning with the letter ' B ', team meetings, doctors, physios, consultants, travel, daylight and striking anything spherical with your feet.
There is no known cure.

sitting here roaring with laughter

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Indeed. It's quite clear he's here against his own will......the 25k a week he's on could have been spent elsewhere

Todays game : make up Vicente stories, and peddle them as fact.

He's out until Xmas because of the broken cheekbone after picking a fight with Oatway over whether tapas is great or shit.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Todays game : make up Vicente stories, and peddle them as fact.

He's out until Xmas because of the broken cheekbone after picking a fight with Oatway over whether tapas is great or shit.

I like this game....I spotted Vicente in my local last night drinking the bitter, he is deffo out for at least the next few days with bad guts!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After 6 games without a win, Bloom decided to draw a line. Vicente fell over it and is now out for 6 months.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The decision taken over the summer to invoke the renewal clause looks worse as each week passes with Vicente absent and no proper second striker.

For me it's got to the point I'd rather ship him to Elche in the next window and use the wages saved to finance the acquisition of a decent striker. I've never known such reporting inconsistencies surrounding a player as with Vicente's mystery ailments. He makes Darren Anderton seem like Ryan Giggs.

Apr 12, 2011
I haven't read the entire thread right now cos I don't have the time. But having read a large portion of it one thing strikes me. The huge degree of anger and resentment from many here which appears to be aimed at someone who is possibly the greatest and most talented player to ever pull on a Brighton shirt.

I feel it's massively out of place to make judgements on him and the entire situation when it's clear that no-one really knows all the facts.

My personal opinion is that I will be massively surprised if we see his name on the teamsheet again. However, I would still love to see him play again and let's hope he does. In the meantime let's grow up, start showing some bloody respect. Let's all hope that we get the pleasure of seeing him grace the Amex pitch again.

Ole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here