Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Andrew Neil Carves up Boris - a preview

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cos he’s a liar and he thinks exposing his lies will do him harm. It won’t, people who vote for Johnson are either stupid enough to keep believing him no matter what lies he tells, or have no moral compass and so don’t care that he tells lies.
Johnson has the least to lose by going on. He just doesn’t want to be turned into a stuttering ****ing mess by NA.
Don’t blame the gutless bullshitter.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As Richard Osman says, if we let the Tory party win again, one day you’ll walk into A&E and there’ll be a priority waiting room.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because he is currently pissing the polls, why would he?

Come on Thunderbolt, not is not your best post.

Not is not? Sorry?

Doesn't the leader of the Tory party have to be interviewed like other people? Are we already in a dictatorship where we all have to listen and do as we're told without question?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not is not? Sorry?

Doesn't the leader of the Tory party have to be interviewed like other people? Are we already in a dictatorship where we all have to listen and do as we're told without question?

Pretty much.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Cos he’s a liar and he thinks exposing his lies will do him harm. It won’t, people who vote for Johnson are either stupid enough to keep believing him no matter what lies he tells, or have no moral compass and so don’t care that he tells lies.
Johnson has the least to lose by going on. He just doesn’t want to be turned into a stuttering ****ing mess by NA.
Don’t blame the gutless bullshitter.

I think we are seeing a very much Trump like approach to this election by Boris just throw out enough promises, mistruths and sound bites and some of it will stick. All the while avoiding and dismissing any serious questioning. Surprised he has not called it all fake news yet.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think we are seeing a very much Trump like approach to this election by Boris just throw out enough promises, mistruths and sound bites and some of it will stick. All the while avoiding and dismissing any serious questioning. Surprised he has not called it all fake news yet.

Well, he's got away with it hitherto (his personal and political life being built on lies) so why change a winning formula? He is beneath contempt - but will doubtless sleep well tonight.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am out shortly door knocking need to do my little bit to try and stop this Country electing a Tory Government with a working majority

D

Deleted member 2719

Not is not? Sorry?

This**

Corbyn or Swinson would do the same given the predicted lead, not that either could dream of being PM.

You have to admit It would be political suicide to get involved at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2719

Johnson still legging it away from Andrew Neil, now says he will do one on the Marr show on Sunday and some morons think this idiot is fit to run the country and back us against the world when he runs away from the slightest scrutiny , I'm no Corbyn fan but he has a hell of a lot more honesty and integrity than Johnson

Ha ha another one of you dry jokes, nice one Ernie.:thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Johnson still legging it away from Andrew Neil, now says he will do one on the Marr show on Sunday and some morons think this idiot is fit to run the country and back us against the world when he runs away from the slightest scrutiny , I'm no Corbyn fan but he has a hell of a lot more honesty and integrity than Johnson

Wouldn't it be a shame if Marr was taken ill suddenly on Sundat and Neil had to step into the breach at the last minute?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

How very strange -was it not you a few days ago complaining about Neil's style? Or is it only when it suits you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How very strange -was it not you a few days ago complaining about Neil's style? Or is it only when it suits you?

Perhaps one can not like his style and still find it cowardly that the PM won’t face him.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Perhaps one can not like his style and still find it cowardly that the PM won’t face him.

Yes, that may well be the case, but that was not the issue -once Corbyn had been mauled, he resorted to the criticism of AN, so can hardly now complain when others decide that AN's type of interview style is not for them. For the record, I think it should be for one and all, which would be fair. I would also add that the parties should get together and think very carefully about undergoing this type of scrutiny. Don't get me wrong -politicians who make decisions that potentially affect millions, should be closely examined, and not allowed to waffle, but in Neil's case, so far as I can see, his ego tends to get the better of him. All too often he doesn't wait for an answer, and when he suspects that a sensible response is forthcoming, invariably interrupts and tries another angle, when the same dismal process is repeated..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, that may well be the case, but that was not the issue -once Corbyn had been mauled, he resorted to the criticism of AN, so can hardly now complain when others decide that AN's type of interview style is not for them. For the record, I think it should be for one and all, which would be fair. I would also add that the parties should get together and think very carefully about undergoing this type of scrutiny. Don't get me wrong -politicians who make decisions that potentially affect millions, should be closely examined, and not allowed to waffle, but in Neil's case, so far as I can see, his ego tends to get the better of him. All too often he doesn't wait for an answer, and when he suspects that a sensible response is forthcoming, invariably interrupts and tries another angle, when the same dismal process is repeated..

All the same aren’t they. I tend not to watch many of these interviews. Carnival sideshows. People know who they’re voting for. This is all just pantomime.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

He can be aggressive, but the leaders of most significant political parties don't tend to be shy, retiring and easily bullied ???

How very two-faced. I wonder if you recall that prior to the 2017 election, both May and Corbyn declined to attend a live session supposedly for all party leaders, only for him to turn up at the last minute, realising TM would not, and then having the brass-neck to say that if someone invites you it is only polite to attend. What is good for the goose is good for the gander or so the expression goes.

What guff are you spouting, as if anyone would be scared debating Theresa May for god's sake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here