Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Andrew Neil Carves up Boris - a preview

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Neil isn't a bully - he's a waffle-filter. When his interviewee start going off-piste with their answers, he immediately shuts them down, brings them back to the question, and asks for an answer to it. Several times if necessary. Too many politicians get an easy ride by being allowed to give a rambling answer, wandering off on a completely different tangent towards an answer to a question that wasn't even asked. I like that Neil is aggressive and belligerent.

He still might not get an answer to his repeated questions, as his victim squirms on a hook, but that at least enables us to pass our own judgement when they basically refuse to address a question with a straight answer, despite being given ample opportunity to do so.

He is a bully and rarely gives people time to consider a response to his interrogation. Like all the politicians he interviews, he doesn’t live in the real world.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He is a bully and rarely gives people time to consider a response to his interrogation. Like all the politicians he interviews, he doesn’t live in the real world.

Neil is absolutely not a bully but he is intolerant of politicians who try to avoid answering difficult but highly relevant questions. And quite rightly so. If politicians don't like it they're in the wrong job.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Maybe Johnson could send Nicky Morgan to the Neil interview in his place. She seems fairly desperate to become a Baroness.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The fact that Corbyn volunteered to be eviscerated by Neil and the fact Johnson isn’t brave enough to is exactly why neither should be running the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How very two-faced. I wonder if you recall that prior to the 2017 election, both May and Corbyn declined to attend a live session supposedly for all party leaders, only for him to turn up at the last minute, realising TM would not, and then having the brass-neck to say that if someone invites you it is only polite to attend. What is good for the goose is good for the gander or so the expression goes.

The difference is that in 2017 Corbyn decided to face the voting public and in 2019 Johnson decided to do the opposite, hiding away as he did in the leadership contest.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Johnson’s yellow cowardice is now clear for all to see. He's incapable of answering any serious or deep question because he doesn’t know the answer so will attempt bluster and waffle or of course doing what is second nature to him - attempt to lie. Neil is a git but in fairness he tends to be equally brutal to all political persuasions. Johnson won't get away with his lying with Neil and he knows it.

Aside being a serial liar, serial adulterer, criminal conspirator, racist and incompetent thus proving himself unfit for office, he's now a cowardly bottler.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Johnson’s yellow cowardice is now clear for all to see. He's incapable of answering any serious or deep question because he doesn’t know the answer so will attempt bluster and waffle or of course doing what is second nature to him - attempt to lie. Neil is a git but in fairness he tends to be equally brutal to all political persuasions. Johnson won't get away with his lying with Neil and he knows it.

Aside being a serial liar, serial adulterer, criminal conspirator, racist and incompetent thus proving himself unfit for office, he's now a cowardly bottler.

But he'll get away with it. The lead is not narrowing, and he looks like getting a pretty decent majority. Can only admit that he's pulled a fast one really - got his Brexit voted for, but then pulled it because he couldn't face not getting it through 'easily'. Can't face Neil because it's not 'easy'. But will still win handsomely.

Politics is bizarre.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But he'll get away with it. The lead is not narrowing, and he looks like getting a pretty decent majority. Can only admit that he's pulled a fast one really - got his Brexit voted for, but then pulled it because he couldn't face not getting it through 'easily'. Can't face Neil because it's not 'easy'. But will still win handsomely.

Politics is bizarre.

Still plenty to play for. It does seems near certain that Labour won’t get an overall majority, but you never know, it might be another hung Commons. A ‘handsome’ majority wouldn’t be good, giving the green light to arrogant right wingers who’d feel vindicated to do almost as they please. I prefer some form of consensus politics.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He is a bully, and what is more, he’s not a patch on Paxman or Walden.

He doesn't give anyone an easy ride - that is VITAL when challenging the charlatans, liars, bullshitters, wafflers and shysters we are lumbered with. I suppose you'd rather they were interviewed by Fred DINAGE, so they could sit their and effortlessly spout their pre-prepared JIZZ, totally unchallenged.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He doesn't give anyone an easy ride - that is VITAL when challenging the charlatans, liars, bullshitters, wafflers and shysters we are lumbered with. I suppose you'd rather they were interviewed by Fred DINAGE, so they could sit their and effortlessly spout their pre-prepared JIZZ, totally unchallenged.

Fred would start all his questions with how.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
What the Boris Broadcasting Corporation should do , is have Neal ask his questions, and have them answered by an independent fact checker. Expose all his lies, for what they are.

I don't think Maupay would have the necessary media training for all that, but it'd be fun to watch:wink:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

There’s a difference between asking challenging questions and allowing people to get a word in between them. I find his particular style offensive. I agree with your “challenge” comment but would prefer that he didn’t come across like an automatic kettle on the boil that won’t turn itself off.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At the end of the day it's a right wing Tory or a Marxist left... good luck!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If Corbyn hadn’t have stepped into ‘the lions den’ his detractors would have simply accused him of cowardice.
In our household it was a positive thing, as up to the interview, the missus hated Corbyn, thinking him an absolute idiot. But the interview, and Jezza's answers (when Brillo-Pad Hair let him get a word in edgeways) changed her mind about him. We've in Pavilion so Lucas will get in, but I think it reassured her if (hopefully when) Labour win the election.

I do have a feeling though that AN would treat BoZo with respect and have gentler questioning, so not such a grilling, and not so representative.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do have a feeling though that AN would treat BoZo with respect and have gentler questioning, so not such a grilling, and not so representative.

Not so.

Check out the iPlayer interview at the top of this thread.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There’s a difference between asking challenging questions and allowing people to get a word in between them. I find his particular style offensive. I agree with your “challenge” comment but would prefer that he didn’t come across like an automatic kettle on the boil that won’t turn itself off.

Once the question actually posed has been addressed and answered, then AN lets things flow nicely.

Until that point, he doesn't let go. And rightly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here