Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Straight into our 'Seven', you'd think. Failing that, his dad can probably step in :D

Excellent point. Def another reason why the no dickheads policy might be relaxed is the rule of 7...

Slightly OT but just a quick summary as to who our 7 would be now [also heading straight to post the same in that thread]

Dunk - leading by example
Connolly - could see the look on Pogba’s face when they tangled for the pen/no pen on Saturday. Pure fear as the terrier rose to have a crack.
Maupay - Le petit shithouse. The one putting the boot in when the guys already down but just as likely to quote something from La Haine or Irreversible at you whilst going in for the kill.
Lamptey [why not he’s ****ing awesome at everything else and don’t let his well spoken demeanour fool you]
Zeqiri - Eastern European hardnut. Probably heads brick walls for fun
Trossard - completing our triumvirate of diminutive nutters.
Ali J - don’t let his pretty boy good looks fool you. He can rough it with the best of them when needed. Plenty of old school experience from back home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent point. Def another reason why the no dickheads policy might be relaxed is the rule of 7...

Slightly OT but just a quick summary as to who our 7 would be now [also heading straight to post the same in that thread]

Dunk - leading by example
Connolly - could see the look on Pogba’s face when they tangled for the pen/no pen on Saturday. Pure fear as the terrier rose to have a crack.
Maupay - Le petit shithouse. The one putting the boot in when the guys already down but just as likely to quote something from La Haine or Irreversible at you whilst going in for the kill.
Lamptey [why not he’s ****ing awesome at everything else and don’t let his well spoken demeanour fool you]
Zeqiri - Eastern European hardnut. Probably heads brick walls for fun
Trossard - completing our triumvirate of diminutive nutters.
Ali J - don’t let his pretty boy good looks fool you. He can rough it with the best of them when needed. Plenty of old school experience from back home.

Can’t leave Alazate out...he’s Colombian. Nuff said.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
No doubt he'll train with the first team squad. I suppose it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that, if he is taking time to adapt/nowhere near ready, that come January he goes elsewhere to get games. I'd be amazed if he is ready for PL. If he is that good then why is he available so cheaply ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have I missed something re: Roberts Dad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you have. I repeated it last time, someone else will need to this time.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
No doubt he'll train with the first team squad. I suppose it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that, if he is taking time to adapt/nowhere near ready, that come January he goes elsewhere to get games. I'd be amazed if he is ready for PL. If he is that good then why is he available so cheaply ?

Is €4M cheap for a Swiss second tier player? I'm not so sure, particularly when you consider the repressed level that the market is at (most clubs wouldn't want to be in a bidding war over a Swiss second tier player)

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Is €4M cheap for a Swiss second tier player? I'm not so sure, particularly when you consider the repressed level that the market is at (most clubs wouldn't want to be in a bidding war over a Swiss second tier player)

True. My point was more that it would be pretty cheap for a PL-ready young striker which suggests to me that he is not one.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm guessing that this signing won't be announced by the club until the 14 day isolation ends, as per the previous U23 signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m not on here 24/7 sorry.

That's fine.

It's negative stuff. I don't want to appear to have an agenda against a player by being the one who always brings it up. Maybe someone else will this time :shrug:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Andi Zeqiri ?

That's fine.

It's negative stuff. I don't want to appear to have an agenda against a player by being the one who always brings it up. Maybe someone else will this time :shrug:

Perfectly understandable :thumbsup:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Nah. Just the usual Naylor more likely. Got it wrong

Naylor is a funny one isn't he? He's gone on the charm offensive since joining The Athletic. It's noticeable how rarely, if ever, he breaks any Albion news. I suspect his only real sources are those within the club. I guess that his contacts are all from clubs that the albion doesn't really deal with much these days. I can't imagine that covering the albion for the past 30yrs has meant he has many contacts with PL and European agents, scouts etc.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In fact I believe a number of Kosovans played for Switzerland before Kosova was recognised by FIFA including Shakiri at Liverpool.

There I was all ready to point out he's of Albanian heritage (as is Xhaka) ...but luckily I did a bit of research first
That's me educated then.

Interesting part of the world, but not one I know well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here