Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I sit in row M in the centre block of WSU and the tv cameras are not a real problem. you are aware that they are they but do not obstruct the view of the pitch, only the touchline is affected. any rows further towards the front and it will become an issue.
Not sure what the club can do.

rows A - L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that actually sounds very serious. i hope a solution is found swiftly.

MXL

Jan 29, 2006
on the edge of LDC
but worse than the handrails and tv gantry blocking the view were the bloody stewards leaning against the rails in the WSU during the SCC - but that's another story..........

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
but worse than the handrails and tv gantry blocking the view were the bloody stewards leaning against the rails in the WSU during the SCC - but that's another story..........

We had that problem in the East stand as well. The stewards in question were more than happy to move back into the exits when we asked them. Unfortunately they kept forgetting and blocking my brothers view. I am sure that they will improve with training. Well, I hope so....

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Sat in front row A of WSU right next to one of the safety barriers, seats 181 & 182 .... one of these barriers right next to us, and didn't obstruct at all.

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
The space allocated for the cameras is actually pretty big so hopefully they can work out how to accommodate them within disrupting the view. Smaller cameras and midget cameramen perhaps?! Just hope that space up the top of WSU where there are no seats at the moment isn't used to accommodate those who are directly in front of the cameras....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just been there tonight for another tour and the glass barriers are now in place. They are strong double panes put together. I think overall they are definitely better than the previous metal barriers. I have taken some photos which I will put up as soon as possible.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Perspex will improve things, but it will still not be great for those sitting right behind it. Probably the only time the barriers would be used is when the stewards lean against them as they watch the crowd come in and out. Other than that they serve no real purpose unless someone decides to run down the stairs and try and vault the wall. The seats should have been sold as restricted view for sure.

They might have Perspex, but how will they see through Charlie George, or is the guy from Kung Fu?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Here's the pics.

Attachments

• glass5.JPG
    glass5.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 846
  • glass1.JPG
    glass1.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 837
  • glass 2.JPG
    glass 2.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 843
  • glass3.JPG
    glass3.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 839
  • glass4.JPG
    glass4.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 830

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just been there tonight for another tour and the glass barriers are now in place. They are strong double panes put together. I think overall they are definitely better than the previous metal barriers. I have taken some photos which I will put up as soon as possible.
Agree,was there today as well,the perspex looks much better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Isn't it glass, rather than perspex?

Yes it's two panes of very solid glass.

And yep they need to be kept very clean. Personally it would still reduce my enjoyment but is an improvement on the metal barrier.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Looks like the club has resolved this issue, clearly no other alternative

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I don't like to be critical, as it's clearly none of my business, but it does seem Albion are busking it to a far greater extent than one would like re the new stadium. Those metal barriers were clearly part of the approved build, the fact they've just been sawn off and their sink points will presumably remain there in the concrete is evidence of that. At what stage was their installation approved in a stadium with "no bad seat in the house"? Maybe the club were just hoping fans would be grateful to have a proper stadium again, and the "at least it's not Withdean" attitude would carry them through any criticism. I'm sure that would be the case if Falmer was just pitched as "not Withdean" but in fact it's been very heavily upsold and marketed as being one of the best stadia with the best facilities in the country, so I can understand people being hypercritical as a result. I think the Spurs game, particularly post-match travel, is going to be a moanfest to dwarf that surrounding the SCC. Might be good in a way (travel and catering-wise) if it doesn't sell out, although that just loads more issues onto the Donny game. I'm expecting a "We want our Withdean back" chanting mob to riot in the directors' car park after the game... [PS Not really.]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here