Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
looks like a big xxxx up to me And a little worse looks like the solution has been rushed Or is everyone expecting to much

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst some might not be happy with the outcome the clubs response to this issue has been excellent.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
well im not a profesional architect being paid x ammount of the final cost And I havent read through the whole of this thread
so forgive Me if someone has already mentioned it But could they put up safety nets as apposed to safety barriers

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I wondered if it was possible to have a couple of rails/perspex/glass set just below the ledge and running out over the seats below (so like a shelf). Then anyone who would otherwise go over the edge would have a ledge to prevent this...?

well im not a profesional architect being paid x ammount of the final cost And I havent read through the whole of this thread
so forgive Me if someone has already mentioned it But could they put up safety nets as apposed to safety barriers

On reflection either of these would have been a much better idea.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
thing is these people are paid millions and they cant even com up with a simple solution like that

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't please all the people can you,just remember it is a new stadium there are bound to be issues and cost have to be taken into account,TB has not got an unlimited pot,as much as people like to think he has, I think the response to the barriers have been excellent.When you think we could have had a £30m stadium,a £60m stadium but plumped for a £93m stadium just be thankful. Next we will get someone moaning that we have'nt got a sliding roof over the pitch...which would have cost another £30m.Think what we had to put up with at Gillingham and Withers and enjoy one of the most modern stadiums in the country.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
like i said perhaps people are exepcting to much then again netting as aposed to a barrier would not have cost that much more
and the club did want to ramp the stadium up as one of the best no bad view etc etc I think everyone knows there wil be teething problems But its how those problems are put right

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But the rain won't get to the WSU.

Fair point.

Looking on the bright side, sitting behind that perspex gives you the executive box feel without the executive box price. Through in some vol au vents and pay fleeting attention to the game for the full experience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Out of interest, how high are the walls at the front of the tiers? Is it likely someone could topple over them? Are the Perspex things health and safety "gone mad?"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wondered if it was possible to have a couple of rails/perspex/glass set just below the ledge and running out over the seats below (so like a shelf). Then anyone who would otherwise go over the edge would have a ledge to prevent this...?

Nice idea but if they have advertising below the stands it would obscure it slightly...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry,havn't really read all this thread,but i take it it's like this at the bottom of EVERY set of stairs in the WSU?.I don't think i would be too happy about watching the game through glass,especially in the more expensive middle section!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
i think it might be because that part of the wall in front of a downward walkway

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think the club have responded very well here and the made the best situation out of a big cock-up. However i think the affected seats should be compensated and sold in future at a reduced rate.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No they have responded very quickly not the best the best would have been a unabstucted view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here