Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No they have responded very quickly not the best the best would have been a unabstucted view

I know what you are saying but any organisation faced with this situation would have had to find a solution which satifies Health and Safety issues and i think the club has responded quickly and probably with the best solution in the circumstances.

One other point - which I've been dubious of posting for fear of setting off another NSC binfest...

If the new screens are two pieces of glass, is there an air gap between the sheets? Is it possible that this will get water/condensation/dust/dirt in between the layers?

But I think praise should be given to the club for getting a solution organised quickly and before the season starts. The new glass screens are a big improvement although I appreciate that those sitting at the front might not be totally satisfied.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If the new screens are two pieces of glass, is there an air gap between the sheets? Is it possible that this will get water/condensation/dust/dirt in between the layers.satisfied.

They appear to be two panes stuck together very very tightly so hopefully not an issue.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
not really is just double glazing isnt it so when the seal breaks it gets replaced

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The glass alternative is a very good solution , the club can say the view is not restricted from the affected seats. I hope the holes left by removing the barriers will be filled or plugged as it looks like a bodge up at the moment. Does anyone else think that the safety glass isn't custom made and could well be a couple of front windscreens from double decker buses ?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I've got a horrible feeling that when I look at the south goal from my seat, I'm going to get this monstrosity between me and it :cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've got a horrible feeling that when I look at the south goal from my seat, I'm going to get this monstrosity between me and it :cry:

No hard ons allowed until the Albion players are on the pitch :thumbsup:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
WHOS to blame ?
architects or builders? have these problems occured at previous Buckingham built stadums?
nearly joined 1901 myself, wouldve kicked off a fair bit too if we had been unlucky in this way,
would certainly expect part- refund, and /or some form of hospitality, ,compensation,
and would still seek to change seats ASAP,...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Prompt and appropriate action by the club. Superb response. Well done BHA.

I agree with this they have responded quickly and probably as best they can.

However in my view it is still a restricted seat and I wouldn't want to sit there. If I was I would expect a reduction.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
One other point - which I've been dubious of posting for fear of setting off another NSC binfest...

If the new screens are two pieces of glass, is there an air gap between the sheets? Is it possible that this will get water/condensation/dust/dirt in between the layers?
QUOTE]

I expect it will be laminated glass like your modern day car windscreen so no chance of condensation !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree with this they have responded quickly and probably as best they can.

However in my view it is still a restricted seat and I wouldn't want to sit there. If I was I would expect a reduction.

Looks like a problem out of control of the club - but quite easy to see what's happened. That bottom step obviously makes the wall in front "too low".

Nice solution, but I wouldn't expect to watch football behind a windscreen. I totally agree, that's a restricted view seat and should be sold as such.

I think the best solution would be to completely remove the seats in question long term - because frankly the statement "no bad view" is technically incorrect.

Feel sorry for the club on this one, and personally I'd be livid with the architects !

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It stills seem to me not that much of a problem.

Imagine the existing hand rail and imagine the whole thing bent back to match the incline of the stand. It would still serve as a proper barrier but would not restrict anyone's view.

All they have to do is re-produce the barriers in that way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On a side issue I walked along that WSU front row and it really is quite a low wall. The thought of lots of pissed up people jumping around is quite a scary one!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a side issue I walked along that WSU front row and it really is quite a low wall. The thought of lots of pissed up people jumping around is quite a scary one!!!

Agreed. What they could really do with is some sort of subtle barrier running the length of the front of the WSU...

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Agreed. What they could really do with is some sort of subtle barrier running the length of the front of the WSU...

A subtle barrier?

Broken glass cemented into the top, similar to the old away end at the Vetch!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here