Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm on yet another tour tomorrow night so will have a look and take pictures if I can.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Just to support some replies regarding WSU Barriers, which affects my seat too.
I was lucky enough to see Martin Perry at the Amex on a visit to Club shop. He was kind enough to stop and answer questions (which I was very surprised at. I cant see many FL Chairman doing this)
The barriers at the stadium are being replaced with glass (not perspex) hopefully prior to Spurs friendly on the 30th July.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was lucky enough to see Martin Perry at the Amex on a visit to Club shop. He was kind enough to stop and answer questions (which I was very surprised at. I cant see many FL Chairman doing this)
The barriers at the stadium are being replaced with glass (not perspex) hopefully prior to Spurs friendly on the 30th July.

Thanks IWSU.

I'm surprised they can get away with using glass though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good job Martin

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
I am in the WSU behind the tv section. Was anyone there on Saturday? Did it block the view? I'm in block h so a few back but getting worried now!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Erm, he's not a chairman! Martin is alright, apart from when the questions get tough.

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
Anyone know how I can find out if I'm affected by the loss of view caused by the tv cameras? Will the club contact those affected directly or do we just complain after the spurs game. Not happy as we were told by the club that tv cameras wouldn't affect the view when we got season tickets. Can't believe they didn't realise this was going to be an issue!

simonl

August1969
Feb 21, 2009
BN1
you can only tell if / how impacted when cameras are in position. solution is being sought by martin perry so no need to do anything and hopefully all will be ok on the 30th. yes, surprising that this should be an issue.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Erm, he's not a chairman! Martin is alright, apart from when the questions get tough.

It was a quick reply whilst at work, apologies mixing Mr Bloom with Mr Perry. Even so, was still impressed he stopped to give a random supporter the time of day.

The glass is toughened and is favoured over Perspex due to the potential degredation. This is to be installed at all Aisle/Walkway endings, refer to Page 1 of this thread for photo.
No info regarding Tv Gantry/Cameras and affected seats

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It was a quick reply whilst at work, apologies mixing Mr Bloom with Mr Perry. Even so, was still impressed he stopped to give a random supporter the time of day.

The glass is toughened and is favoured over Perspex due to the potential degredation. This is to be installed at all Aisle/Walkway endings, refer to Page 1 of this thread for photo.
No info regarding Tv Gantry/Cameras and affected seats

I think this bodes well for future concerns, if they are minor or major, it shows the club did not get everything right but if they are confronted with a problem that arises no-one could have foreseen ( maybe the architects) the club will try to rectify it.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I think this bodes well for future concerns, if they are minor or major, it shows the club did not get everything right but if they are confronted with a problem that arises no-one could have foreseen ( maybe the architects) the club will try to rectify it.

Think your spot on Gullsworth, Club have contacted my party to view our seats again next Monday to view the "glass safety barrier" they seem to have responded very quickly to this issue:amex:

MXL

Jan 29, 2006
on the edge of LDC
I sit in row M in the centre block of WSU and the tv cameras are not a real problem. you are aware that they are they but do not obstruct the view of the pitch, only the touchline is affected. any rows further towards the front and it will become an issue.
Not sure what the club can do.

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007

Visited the stadium today and all of the metal barriers have been replaced in the west stand middle and about half of the upper tier. They were still cutting the metal ones out on the upper when I left at about 5:30 pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here