And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
To be honest, I would definitely swap Premiership Football if it meant we got 28,000 through the turnstile vs Yeovil next season.

Feb 14, 2010
Probably in the minority but I think both Brighton and Palace need 40,000 plus if in the top flight so I agree with the Palace poster. I know they got 14000 plus freebies this year and not much more than that when finishing third in the top flight but they have the potential to get back to having a bigger support like in the 70s.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be honest, I would definitely swap Premiership Football if it meant we got 28,000 through the turnstile vs Yeovil next season.

You'll be lucky to get 20k at home against Swansea, Cardiff, Hull, Fulham, Stoke, West Brom etc. IN the Premiership :wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I know, I'm ****ing gutted to be honest. I just don't know what to do with myself. I JUST WANT OUR ATTENDANCES TO BE LIKE YOURS :(

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find 10k 'lapsed fans' from somewhere for the Man Utd and Arsenal fixtures at Selhurst.
:amex:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find 10k 'lapsed fans' from somewhere for the Man Utd and Arsenal fixtures at Selhurst.
:amex:

Yes I do hope so. Then we can print some flyers out to all the new fans so they know all the words. Just like you cool guys did.

Attachments

• magicBACK.jpg
    magicBACK.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 2i1gu8l.gif
    2i1gu8l.gif
    286 KB · Views: 148

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know, I'm ****ing gutted to be honest. I just don't know what to do with myself. I JUST WANT OUR ATTENDANCES TO BE LIKE YOURS :(

And just think, with the help of Groupon you might get within 5 thousand of us.

Feb 14, 2010
Must be great to have a Chairman who aspires to have crowds like Brighton. Did you read the BBC interview with him, he was saying just that, but without mentioning us by name. Sounds like you might have a decent chairman, just a shame that he has to put up with the notoriously fickle palace fans. Must be so hard to run a club when only 14000 will pay to get in and you have to give tickets away in a promotion season. I wonder if thats why he has the drum banging and the goal music, perhaps he thinks it get a few in, cant see how it helps myself but clubs like Watford and Palace seem to go in for these things

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The most ridiculous thing about all of this is that, if all circumstances (stadium, division, quality of team) were the same, I imagine Brighton and Palace's support would be almost identical.

Give or take the odd 10,000 Albion fans I reckon you're onto something there fella!

Feb 14, 2010
The most ridiculous thing about all of this is that, if all circumstances (stadium, division, quality of team) were the same, I imagine Brighton and Palace's support would be almost identical.

They have no excuses for last season, a winning team and actually there is nothing wrong with Selhurst, its hardly being in the bottom half of the bottom division playing Hartlepool on a Tuesday night 140 miles away at Gillingham is it.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Must be great to have a Chairman who aspires to have crowds like Brighton. Did you read the BBC interview with him, he was saying just that, but without mentioning us by name. Sounds like you might have a decent chairman, just a shame that he has to put up with the notoriously fickle palace fans. Must be so hard to run a club when only 14000 will pay to get in and you have to give tickets away in a promotion season. I wonder if thats why he has the drum banging and the goal music, perhaps he thinks it get a few in, cant see how it helps myself but clubs like Watford and Palace seem to go in for these things

I think I did read the interview yea. You're right he probably does wish Palace weren't so fickle. Infact he probably wishes he was Brighton's chairman. You've always had 30,000 hardcore supporters. Except for when you couldn't fill a 6,000 stadium of course, but we'll not mention that.

He'll just have to settle for £120m in the bank and entertaining Mr.Abramovich and Sheik Mansour I guess. Poor Parish :(

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think I did read the interview yea. You're right he probably does wish Palace weren't so fickle. Infact he probably wishes he was Brighton's chairman. You've always had 30,000 hardcore supporters. Except for when you couldn't fill a 6,000 stadium of course, but we'll not mention that.

He'll just have to settle for £120m in the bank and entertaining Mr.Abramovich and Sheik Mansour I guess. Poor Parish :(

Hopefully he'll use the majority of the £120m on a decent haircut and some clobber befitting his years. :hilton:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Good point. He'll be so proud when he shows off the new tea urn you've bought for the hospitality areas. I bet those guests will be well impressed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Are you seriously saying if Palace had a brand new top-quality stadium and a successful team they wouldn't be attracting 27,000 people each week like we are? I'm absolutely convinced they would. Some of the gimps on this site can mock Palace as much as they want, but I'm sure there is absolutely nothing between the clubs in terms of size.

Don't help them for fark's ache! You stick to Take That and leave the Palace baiting to those who know what they're doing.

Feb 14, 2010

Ah the Palace myth about not filling Withdean. First 3/4 seasons was sold out by season ticket holders. Last season sold out except away fans and a couple of poor seasons in the lower leagues with no roof and a cycle track the Albion till would get 6500/7000. This after 20/30 years of lower league football and Gillingham. What is the Palace excuse, you have been in the top flight for 30 years, had a cup final, play off finals the works and still they stay away. You are right tho, after your insolvency you have just banked £120 Million, disgraceful really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports