Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Their gates should be huge which makes their current attendances even harder to explain. Build it and they will come - don't think so for Palace.

Don't underestimate the draw of a shiny new stadium. If they got one their crowds would multiply like ours have.

What was the record at the Goldstone and at Selhurst?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Parrish said on Talksport yesterday that Palace had the most densely populated catchment area of any Club in the English Leagues. Croydon & Bromley have close to 1 million residents living within 5 miles of Selhurst - which is just short of the total population of Sussex. Their gates should be huge which makes their current attendances even harder to explain. Build it and they will come - don't think so for Palace.

Most of those extra people travelling to Selhurst on a Saturday afternoon will be heading for the revamped Sainsburys to do the weekly shop.

Dear Major, please, please shut the **** up.

All the best, the human race

What you gonna do ? sit with your head in your hands until August ?

Go on the attack. Still plenty of fun to be had at Palaces expense - they got lucky that's all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very hard to get planning for a new stadium in an area populated by over a million people let alone the space?

Finding a new site will undoubtedly see various NIMBY and protest groups emerge from nowhere to lobby for planning refusal , public inquiries , referendums etc etc.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Parrish said on Talksport yesterday that Palace had the most densely populated catchment area of any Club in the English Leagues. Croydon & Bromley have close to 1 million residents living within 5 miles of Selhurst - which is just short of the total population of Sussex. Their gates should be huge which makes their current attendances even harder to explain. Build it and they will come - don't think so for Palace.

Do you not? Imagine roles were reversed; Brighton have been playing in the Goldstone for the last 18 years or so; meanwhile Palace have moved into a shiny space-age stadium. How do you think attendances would pan out then, given that Palace's have been historically better than Brighton?

Do you not? Imagine roles were reversed; Brighton have been playing in the Goldstone for the last 18 years or so; meanwhile Palace have moved into a shiny space-age stadium. How do you think attendances would pan out then, given that Palace's have been historically better than Brighton?

Incorrect - popular misconception. Compare like to like and the Albion average better than Palace over last 60 years.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Results and results for me. I couldn't give a toss what the attendance is tbh.

Really?!? Even when I was a nipper I loved getting a Sunday paper and working my way down through the divisions, paying as much, if not more, attention to attendances as to the results themselves, something that has stayed with me to this day from the 4,764s at Port Vale through to the 15,689s at Hearts to the 563 crowds at Dumbarton FC. Football is a statisticians dream, and it's far from being just a results-only game.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm with The Major on this issue. Never miss the opportunity to take the p out of Palace for whatever reason, be it attendance, ultras, drums, goal music, groupon and the St Patricks day massacre.

FFS leave The Major alone.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Can't imagine they will have any money left whatsoever after they've paid back everyone they f*cked over having gone into administration.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really?!? Even when I was a nipper I loved getting a Sunday paper and working my way down through the divisions, paying as much, if not more, attention to attendances as to the results themselves, something that has stayed with me to this day from the 4,764s at Port Vale through to the 15,689s at Hearts to the 563 crowds at Dumbarton FC. Football is a statisticians dream, and it's far from being just a results-only game.

It used to be interesting in the old days seeing certain club's gradual decline in attendances even though they were getting average results.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why are you so up your own arse about Palace, grow up and support the seagulls.

:bowdown:

Seriously bored of this endless Palace obsession. The line from tedious to pathetic was crossed a long time ago. If anything, he's been back for a defacation on the line. Not even moderately interesting.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Incorrect - popular misconception. Compare like to like and the Albion average better than Palace over last 60 years.

Sounds like a challenge.

Brighton seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 647,199
Crystal Palace seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 775,917

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't imagine they will have any money left whatsoever after they've paid back everyone they f*cked over having gone into administration.

The simple answer is they couldn't give a toss to all and sundry who were screwed by them going into administration TWICE because there is no intention to pay anyone back. To paraphrase "Only Fools And Horses" - no income tax , no VAT , we won't pay back creditors at a stroke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here