Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone remember when it was mooted that we share a new ground with Palace somewhere near Crawley? Late 70s? That would have been a laugh and a half. One problem being we are not actually very local . . .

I like the sound of Parrish, and I like old Worzel. Good luck to them. Redeveloping a stadium pinned in by Victorian houses on all sides will be a trial. It foxed us for years down the Shoreham Road, and we had fewer immoveable objects to the South and West.

I suspect they will struggle to avoid p*ssing their 60 milling quid down the trousers of a lot of over priced and under committed mercenaries, going forward.

Anyway, not our problem.

Next.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh, you are 'le epic troll'. Get a life you cuuuuunt.

Well worded, I concur.

What you gonna do ? sit with your head in your hands until August ?

Go on the attack. Still plenty of fun to be had at Palaces expense - they got lucky that's all.

:lolol: Tragic. Absolutely tragic.

Then you have no hope in life.

Smashed it.

For the saddos?

Nailed him.

This thread is the type of thing which will be linked to their forum. And when their dial up connection works, they'll all read through the thread with a little smile on their faces as once again, elements of our support display the tinpot club mentality. Nothing to say about the football? Quick, side issue! Erm, Nigels, caravans, attendances.... ah, bingo! That one is the winner.

Mental.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
:shrug: I'm up for genuine piss taking of them up the road, but in this case I can't see any problem with it? They are planning to sort out the ground instead of spunking money on players, good idea I would have thought!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Finding a new site will undoubtedly see various NIMBY and protest groups emerge from nowhere to lobby for planning refusal , public inquiries , referendums etc etc.

they'll probably face nimbys just to redevelop Selhurst.

all rivalry aside for a moment, its good that their owners are prioritising redeveloping the ground, as its shite. they need to spend on it regardless just to keep it up. probably in the region of £40m + based on what other recent developments have been. interesting to see how much of the premiership lucre will go to the ground vs the players.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Just shows what a good position we are in. Rebuilding a stand at a time would takes ages and be pretty painful. They could be back down, up and round the houses before the paint dries on even the second stand they rebuild.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sounds like a challenge.

Brighton seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 647,199
Crystal Palace seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 775,917

You've opened a can of worms now.
Dear old Major is, as we speak, working up a frenzy on the abacus, disproving your stats.
You have been warned.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This thread is the type of thing which will be linked to their forum. And when their dial up connection works, they'll all read through the thread with a little smile on their faces as once again, elements of our support display the tinpot club mentality. Nothing to say about the football? Quick, side issue! Erm, Nigels, caravans, attendances.... ah, bingo! That one is the winner.

Mental.

You may well be right. But inevitably when one of them quotes a more 'reasonable' Brighton fan, yours is the post which will be quoted and add fuel to their fire.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You may well be right. But inevitably when one of them quotes a more 'reasonable' Brighton fan, yours is the post which will be quoted and add fuel to their fire.

Yep. But also a bit of context. We all know they have mental elements in their fanbase, we all saw the full kit wanker picture. But so do we. Mental, boring and pedantic. But they're ours.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just shows what a good position we are in. Rebuilding a stand at a time would takes ages and be pretty painful. They could be back down, up and round the houses before the paint dries on even the second stand they rebuild.

I can't see them getting a much increased capacity out of a Selhurst redevelopment unless they're going for two tiered stands on the other three sides and the Holmesdale doesn't completely subside into the marshland on which it's built and disappear forever. Whether they'd be restricted in the height of any new stands I have no idea.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sounds like a challenge.

Brighton seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 647,199
Crystal Palace seasonal average attendance combined from 1953-2013 (excluding 1998-2011): 775,917
Is there any particular reason you have left out 1998-2011....does it screw up your average figures...?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Really?!? Even when I was a nipper I loved getting a Sunday paper and working my way down through the divisions, paying as much, if not more, attention to attendances as to the results themselves, something that has stayed with me to this day from the 4,764s at Port Vale through to the 15,689s at Hearts to the 563 crowds at Dumbarton FC. Football is a statisticians dream, and it's far from being just a results-only game.

Agreed. I've always looked out for attendances, especially in the lower leagues and big games/derbys. Still think laughing at Palaces and other teams attendances is pathetic and a touch hypocritical given our recent history of low crowds albeit in the face of adversity.

Good luck to Palace I say, we dreamt big and look at us now, major and the like are hypocrites for mocking their fans for getting excited or a little carried away.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well, compare like-with-like he said. You were at Priestfield and Withdean then, weren't you, so not fair or accurate to include attendances in that period.

I do believe you will give phallus a run for his money :clap2:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, compare like-with-like he said. You were at Priestfield and Withdean then, weren't you, so not fair or accurate to include attendances in that period.

Why not? I feel no shame in our past. We have our history, it won't ever change. Any comparisons with Palace are stupid. Traditionally, more often than not, we have been a third tier club. No shame in that at all. That was then, this is now. We have an infrastructure now like we've never had. A state of the art ground to play in and training facilities on the way. Our future isn't third tier, even if our past was. The Withdean years are not a source of shame or embarrassment in my opinion, we know why we there and for those of us who went, there are more good memories than bad.

Eventually, that Walsall game on the tuesday night where we drew 1-1 (Elphick for us, Demontagnac wonder goal for them), will be forgotten and the 0-4 vs Crewe (McNulty!) will fade away.

Always forward, never ever going back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here