And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This thread is embarassing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Are these flyers for real?

Palace printed their own ones to help out the 18k new fans who turned up at Wembley in their end. Apparently it all kicked off when these 18k fans realised there were no tributes to United, City, Arsenal or Chelsea in the lyrics of "We're the Palace, the Palace, the Palace"

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They averaged 17300 with a capacity hardly ever reached and 2for 1 deals and kids for a quid. Brighton sold out many times last year and its ground was not big enough. Those are the facts. They had 14000 paying to get in most weeks, disgraceful for sucha good season, but yes I do agree Palace should be pulling 25,000 to 30000 as there is nothing wrong with Selhurst, it really isnt 140 miles away at Gillingham and its not Withdean either, its a proper ground.

You constantly bang the drum about this , our crap support and your superior attendances which is fair comment . But can you not see the irony of the fact you don't go anymore

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ah the Palace myth about not filling Withdean. First 3/4 seasons was sold out by season ticket holders. Last season sold out except away fans and a couple of poor seasons in the lower leagues with no roof and a cycle track the Albion till would get 6500/7000. This after 20/30 years of lower league football and Gillingham. What is the Palace excuse, you have been in the top flight for 30 years, had a cup final, play off finals the works and still they stay away. You are right tho, after your insolvency you have just banked £120 Million, disgraceful really.

You're sooooooooo boring. Do you really think we give a sh*t now? We are Premier League, read it and weep. Enjoy Donny, Yeovil and Barnsley, whilst we are watching the best players performing in some of the most amazing stadiums in the world week in, week out, sell out crowds at Selhurst, extensive Media coverage and the £140 million that will come our way. :clap2:

Last edited:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
It would be interesting to know from any CP fans on here if Steve Parish and the CP board have ever done some sort of survey on why the crowds up there don't reflect the size of the actual catchment area.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It would be interesting to know from any CP fans on here if Steve Parish and the CP board have ever done some sort of survey on why the crowds up there don't reflect the size of the actual catchment area.

It's pretty obvious, it's the shitness of the ground that is putting a lot off. Look at your crowds at the dump that was the Withdean then look at the huge upturn once you got your new state of the art stadium. If we can get a new stadium or revamp Selhurst to a high standard our crowds will rise hugely, i have no doubt.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's pretty obvious, it's the shitness of the ground that is putting a lot off. Look at your crowds at the dump that was the Withdean then look at the huge upturn once you got your new state of the art stadium. If we can get a new stadium or revamp Selhurst to a high standard our crowds will rise hugely, i have no doubt.

You cling onto that hope if it pleases you. Totally different circumstances to Brighton - there will be a small uplift but the poor attendance with you flying high this season tells a very different story. Your tickets are cheap/free and discounted by groupon, this more than outweighs the shitty environment.

Expensive tickets to finance a new groumd may well see even less people interested.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You cling onto that hope if it pleases you. Totally different circumstances to Brighton - there will be a small uplift but the poor attendance with you flying high this season tells a very different story. Your tickets are cheap/free and discounted by groupon, this more than outweighs the shitty environment.

Expensive tickets to finance a new groumd may well see even less people interested.

What are you on about? You went from 6,500 to 30,000 in 2.5 years. We averaged 17k this season (a decent amount for a Championship club) in an outdated stadium watching most of same teams that we have seen for the past 8 years , based on that why can't we look to have a huge upturn once our stadium and facilities improve? You did it, so can we.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You're sooooooooo boring. Do you really think we give a sh*t now? We are Premier League, read it and weep. Enjoy Donny, Yeovil and Barnsley, whilst we are watching the best players performing in some of the most amazing stadiums in the world week in, week out, sell out crowds at Selhurst, extensive Media coverage and the £140 million that will come our way. :clap2:

Well you're on here again giving it the big 'un, so on that basis you clearly DO care. :rolleyes:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What are you on about? You went from 6,500 to 30,000 in 2.5 years. We averaged 17k this season (a decent amount for a Championship club) in an outdated stadium watching most of same teams that we have seen for the past 8 years , based on that why can't we look to have a huge upturn once our stadium and facilities improve? You did it, so can we.

What are you on about more like, in our last season at Withdean we averaged 7,351 (this being in the days when the club reported actual attendance rather than tickets sold) in a stadium that had a capacity of 8,850 including an away end that held 950 which rarely had more than a 100 or so people in it. True, the home end wasn't full for every game, but that doesn't mean that tickets were necessarily easily available for those games when capacity wasn't reached.

Stats from the Football League

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Unpalatable though it may be, I'm going to partially agree with the Palace interloper here.

Selhurst is awful, and I can't believe it puts people off going. The sorry problem for Palace would be that there is no chance of the required upgrade in stadium facilities (at least enough to make a reasonable difference) being completed before this time next year. Like it or not, re-development of Selhurst will take several (min. 3) years, will affect capacity and must come as a long-term plan. 26,000 is going to have to be a fantasy figure if the club wants to get on with re-development straight away.

If they want it done really quickly, Palace might have to consider - irony of ironies - a groundshare for a season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If they want it done really quickly, Palace might have to consider - irony of ironies - a groundshare for a season.

I wonder where they could go? I propose Charlton. Nice and near and superior facilities to Selhurst. Who knows, they may like it and even stay for a few years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes I do hope so. Then we can print some flyers out to all the new fans so they know all the words. Just like you cool guys did.

Odd that nobody outside of the BBS, or on here when one of you "cheeky japesters" posts it again, seems to have ever actually seen those flyers / songsheets doing the rounds at the Amex or anywhere else. I do not have the first idea what the "magikoo" is, or how the song goes, and I've never seen one of those songsheets in my 25 years of watching the Albion. Nor do I recall ever hearing it sung.

If I didn't know any better, then I'd conclude that some tragic lonely pimply croydon bedwetter dreamt it up, went to the time and effort of creating it online, then posted it to the BBS illuminati in a thread entitled "Like OMG !! Look at what the WEED fans have done !!! LOLOL LOLOLOLOLOL", squirming and simpering and touching themselves with excitement at how ingenius they'd been, and how popular they'd be on their forum.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Christ on a bike are you really that thick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here