Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An outsider's observation...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I love how a Brighton fan has an inside knowledge into our health and safety regulations! Let's be honest, you got your information from WishfulThinking.Com or BS.org. If you had actually done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid. Of course, a million big one's would be a hell of a lot in your current predicament, but to us it's a mere drop in the ocean.
Welcome to the NSC ...It's funny how you go on about 'your money' after years of ripping off businesses and organisations around Selhurst...how many people felt the pain of that...yet here you are crowing about your riches. Then there is the point about our respective managers...I guarantee that Oscar will have a longer tenure here than Hollowhead will at Palace...he will not last the season. The 'panic' signings he made at the end of the season...16 of them...he pays for Dobbie...then loans him out...he buys a French back,then says goodbye because he is too slow...why buy a player then decide he is not up to it. He then pays millions for Gayle who...er! how many goals has he scored? Then has the sheer audacity to try and sign two of our best players on the cheap..
BTW Good luck at Liverpool...you can just hope it is not another 9-0 can't you. P.S. Hope you caravan is wheel clamped.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I love how a Brighton fan has an inside knowledge into our health and safety regulations! Let's be honest, you got your information from WishfulThinking.Com or BS.org. If you had actually done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid. Of course, a million big one's would be a hell of a lot in your current predicament, but to us it's a mere drop in the ocean.
We don't need to know about 'your' health and safety regulations...they are the same as ours...and whats with this 'don't come into effect for a while'..H&S regulations at football grounds has been in for donkeys years....talking about donkeys ..hows your team doing in the league?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Tinpot? What does that make you then? We dominate you. Prob the most one sided rivalry in English football on terms of blows landed. Even the 2 times you've beaten us in the last 10 years we have followed up with better results a month later to completely wipe the smile off your faces.
Just look at the stats...we are two games up on you at head to head...

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
:lolol:

Just so you know, I will laugh my ****ing arse off every Saturday night this season watching your lot get beaten EVERY WEEK on MOTD. I'd take anywhere above 22nd for us as long as I get to see you cvnts get hammered relentlessly this season.

Absa bloody lutely :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good grief ....the lesser spotted Crystal Palace season ticket holder - a true rarity.

I love the way you started out reasonable and then quickly degenerated into the usual Palace filth. :lolol:

As for a Palace supporter trying to lecture another Club on how to handle their finances - well that is priceless.

Finally I note you are concerned about Oscar .. I think you should spend more time worried about the Wurzel Gimp who has just announced prior to the Liverpool game that he has two key players injured but refuses to name them! (as if Liverpool could give a feck about your sides make up) - delusional & tinpot - Palace always keep us smiling. :ffsparr:
Is having two key players injured a fallback excuse if Liverpool get into double figures tomorrow ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't need to know about 'your' health and safety regulations...they are the same as ours...and whats with this 'don't come into effect for a while'..H&S regulations at football grounds has been in for donkeys years....talking about donkeys ..hows your team doing in the league?

The Ground Safety Certificate can be issued with restrictions imposed on the number of spectators allowed in the stadium with parts of the ground or stands closed due to disrepair and being in a dangerous condition. If Browett doesn't spend £1M only one stand would pass the minimum H&S regs and three stands would be shut.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Interesting stuff.

Originally Posted by Eagle94
Afternoon. Palace season clown outfitted bellend ticket here and occasional troller of NSC. Never felt the urge to register and post until now as the broadband to my caravan is a bit in and out but something has been really bugged me the last few days so I could not resist! Let me type some shit down on my speak and spell laptop.

Being a Palace fan I can't help but bore the arse off everyone I meet, especially in London where, I know, we are laughed at even by the likes of Barnet and Brentford...no one else even really thinks of us as a London team and women find our kit unappealing and ridiculous.... Not only have you made a better start than us and the temporary loss of your only decent striker in Ulloa is clearly just a hiccup whilst our top scorer is returning from injury early but will not play until after the new year because some dickhead bumpkin left him out of his squad and bought in the likes of Chamakh instead...Wenger drove that bloke down to shithurst personally so keen was he to give the lad a go in the prem, I feel you wont struggle big time and will go up while we go down if you keep your cool.

However reading The Big Board these past few days, I can't help but find a lot of the comments well spelt, grammatically correct and wise..in fact, they're down-right genius It seems that someone on there called "Withdean Wanderer" has given up on this season already in terms of promotion which is what he always says but he is clearly head mental and. I honestly can't understand why he thinks this? Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that he keeps coming out with?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work a a rocket...or does it? I forget...maybe it's a brain surgeon. I wish we had quality like Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. Obviously we tried to sign Bridcutt but hes allergic to the smell of rotting shit and fried chicken so failed the test at Selhurst.If you fail to go up this year then surely it'll be a massive fluke. Palace, however, are doomed to relegation and have no way of surviving into next season. You are completely debt free and have a benevolent Billionaire chairman and a brand new stadium nestled in the rolling south downs. We have a dilapidated cowshed and are owned by Prince Valiant, Maxxi Jazz and Kid Jenson! Stick that in your pipe!

It seems that I am a deluded shit stirring dickhead but maybe i'm wrong and Withdean Wanderer can explain or elaborate there, their or they're opinion on this thread. So my question is this...being a massive tard, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?

:bowdown::clap::bowdown::clap:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
ja like dags

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This. We are not deluded. The OP is wrong. We have a sensible manager who is taking his time to work out where his priorities lie, what he already has in the way of talent, and where he needs to strengthen.

In fairness, we don't know that. That's just our rather optimistic interpretation of the situation. It could equally be that Oscar has regular meetings with Burke that consist of our head coach vainly yelling: 'get me a striker!!!!!'

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
In fairness, we don't know that. That's just our rather optimistic interpretation of the situation. It could equally be that Oscar has regular meetings with Burke that consist of our head coach vainly yelling: 'get me a striker!!!!!'

Let's bloody well hope so!!!

Yoda

English & European
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that your 4 best players are your keeper, Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. If you fail to go up this year then surely you have no chance of keeping Kuszczak, Ulloa and Bridcutt

This is completely how I feel. Last season was our BIGGEST chance, and we ****ed up BIG TIME.

All those saying we have a fantastic state of the art academy on the way next season seem to forget that it will take a good 5-10 years to start producing the talented required at this level, let alone in the Premier League.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This is completely how I feel. Last season was our BIGGEST chance, and we ****ed up BIG TIME.

All those saying we have a fantastic state of the art academy on the way next season seem to forget that it will take a good 5-10 years to start producing the talented required at this level, let alone in the Premier League.

Why is anyone taking this cockpiece seriously? Even if I agreed with everything the Palace ringpiece typed I'd disagree on ****ing principle.

Stop it.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Afternoon. Palace season ticket holder here and occasional reader of NSC. Never felt the urge to register and post until now but something has been really bugged me the last few days so I could not resist! Let me elaborate...

Obviously you're finding it tough going this year in The Championship and being a Palace fan I can't help but get a sense of :O about it, especially as most of you predicted a top 6 finish at the start of the season. Not only have you made a poor start but now with the loss of your only decent striker in Ulloa, I feel you will struggle big time and you could now get caught up in a relegation battle this year if you're not careful.

However reading The Big Board these past few days, I can't help but find a lot of the comments unrealistic...in fact, they're down-right deluded! It seems that some of you have given up on this season already in terms of promotion which is fair enough but many of you seem to think along the lines that "Next year will be our year" "Give Oscar a season to build and then promotion next season" etc etc. I'd honestly can't understand why you think this? Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that you keep coming out with? :shrug:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that your 4 best players are your keeper, Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. If you fail to go up this year then surely you have no chance of keeping Kuszczak, Ulloa and Bridcutt and Upson will be 35/36 next season and on his last legs as a Championship defender. You also have a huge debt currently and FFP will see the purse strings tightened even more in the coming years so I can't see quality replacments coming in. You only have to look at your budget signings this season. Average playes like Conway on loan and poor free transfer signings like Kemy Agustein.

It seems that a lot are deluded on here but maybe i'm wrong and they can explain or elaborate there opinion on this thread. So my question is this...being realistic, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?

Your opinion is invalid, Palace Scum.

Gally72

Dec 1, 2012
You can show us how
Afternoon. Palace season ticket holder here and occasional reader of NSC. Never felt the urge to register and post until now but something has been really bugged me the last few days so I could not resist! Let me elaborate...

Obviously you're finding it tough going this year in The Championship and being a Palace fan I can't help but get a sense of :O about it, especially as most of you predicted a top 6 finish at the start of the season. Not only have you made a poor start but now with the loss of your only decent striker in Ulloa, I feel you will struggle big time and you could now get caught up in a relegation battle this year if you're not careful.

However reading The Big Board these past few days, I can't help but find a lot of the comments unrealistic...in fact, they're down-right deluded! It seems that some of you have given up on this season already in terms of promotion which is fair enough but many of you seem to think along the lines that "Next year will be our year" "Give Oscar a season to build and then promotion next season" etc etc. I'd honestly can't understand why you think this? Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that you keep coming out with? :shrug:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that your 4 best players are your keeper, Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. If you fail to go up this year then surely you have no chance of keeping Kuszczak, Ulloa and Bridcutt and Upson will be 35/36 next season and on his last legs as a Championship defender. You also have a huge debt currently and FFP will see the purse strings tightened even more in the coming years so I can't see quality replacments coming in. You only have to look at your budget signings this season. Average playes like Conway on loan and poor free transfer signings like Kemy Agustein.

It seems that a lot are deluded on here but maybe i'm wrong and they can explain or elaborate there opinion on this thread. So my question is this...being realistic, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?
you can show us how it's done next season , cos ur shit

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Last time I looked we were mid table, hardly struggling. We have an incredable amount of talent sidelined by injuries and personally I think our manager is doing a decent job in tough circumstances.

With regards to FFP as a club we have made earlier and big strides to adhere to the conditions and are on course to meet the criteria for losses. I dont see many other clubs making thr efforts we have and I'm confident our early efforts will give us an advantage over other clubs.

I have many friends who are Palace fans and probably have a higher regard for the club and it's fans than almost all Albion fans but for a Palace fan to come on here and bleet on about finances is bloody rich, you're either a bit thick, suffering from amnesia or 12 years old. You're preaching to fans of a club who have never entered administration, never failed to pay their creditors and when faced with extinction paid the ultimate price of losing it's stadium and and place in its city. Palace have entered admin twice due to gross overspending because of delutions of grandeur, on both occasions you were saved at considerable cost to the tax payer.

As for your future, I'm sure with parachute payments your short term future will be rosey but your current chairman has pledged an upgrade of selhurst park which I can assure you will not come cheap and will eat into player budgets ect. I'll conceed you'll almost certainly have more financial clout than us for the next few seasons but when the prem money has dried up you'll be playing in a slightly improved Selhurst and its higher running costs with players on large contracts to sub 15k crowds, then our financial advantage will be restored.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Originally Posted by Eagle94
Afternoon. Palace season clown outfitted bellend ticket here and occasional troller of NSC. Never felt the urge to register and post until now as the broadband to my caravan is a bit in and out but something has been really bugged me the last few days so I could not resist! Let me type some shit down on my speak and spell laptop.

Being a Palace fan I can't help but bore the arse off everyone I meet, especially in London where, I know, we are laughed at even by the likes of Barnet and Brentford...no one else even really thinks of us as a London team and women find our kit unappealing and ridiculous.... Not only have you made a better start than us and the temporary loss of your only decent striker in Ulloa is clearly just a hiccup whilst our top scorer is returning from injury early but will not play until after the new year because some dickhead bumpkin left him out of his squad and bought in the likes of Chamakh instead...Wenger drove that bloke down to shithurst personally so keen was he to give the lad a go in the prem, I feel you wont struggle big time and will go up while we go down if you keep your cool.

However reading The Big Board these past few days, I can't help but find a lot of the comments well spelt, grammatically correct and wise..in fact, they're down-right genius It seems that someone on there called "Withdean Wanderer" has given up on this season already in terms of promotion which is what he always says but he is clearly head mental and. I honestly can't understand why he thinks this? Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that he keeps coming out with?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work a a rocket...or does it? I forget...maybe it's a brain surgeon. I wish we had quality like Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. Obviously we tried to sign Bridcutt but hes allergic to the smell of rotting shit and fried chicken so failed the test at Selhurst.If you fail to go up this year then surely it'll be a massive fluke. Palace, however, are doomed to relegation and have no way of surviving into next season. You are completely debt free and have a benevolent Billionaire chairman and a brand new stadium nestled in the rolling south downs. We have a dilapidated cowshed and are owned by Prince Valiant, Maxxi Jazz and Kid Jenson! Stick that in your pipe!

It seems that I am a deluded shit stirring dickhead but maybe i'm wrong and Withdean Wanderer can explain or elaborate there, their or they're opinion on this thread. So my question is this...being a massive tard, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?

:bowdown::clap::bowdown::clap:

Wow. We've found the Palace fan who has the brain cell :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Last time I looked we were mid table, hardly struggling. We have an incredable amount of talent sidelined by injuries and personally I think our manager is doing a decent job in tough circumstances.

With regards to FFP as a club we have made earlier and big strides to adhere to the conditions and are on course to meet the criteria for losses. I dont see many other clubs making thr efforts we have and I'm confident our early efforts will give us an advantage over other clubs.

I have many friends who are Palace fans and probably have a higher regard for the club and it's fans than almost all Albion fans but for a Palace fan to come on here and bleet on about finances is bloody rich, you're either a bit thick, suffering from amnesia or 12 years old. You're preaching to fans of a club who have never entered administration, never failed to pay their creditors and when faced with extinction paid the ultimate price of losing it's stadium and and place in its city. Palace have entered admin twice due to gross overspending because of delutions of grandeur, on both occasions you were saved at considerable cost to the tax payer.

As for your future, I'm sure with parachute payments your short term future will be rosey but your current chairman has pledged an upgrade of selhurst park which I can assure you will not come cheap and will eat into player budgets ect. I'll conceed you'll almost certainly have more financial clout than us for the next few seasons but when the prem money has dried up you'll be playing in a slightly improved Selhurst and its higher running costs with players on large contracts to sub 15k crowds, then our financial advantage will be restored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here