Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An outsider's observation...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never felt the urge to register and post until now
Cool, welcome :)
Obviously you're finding it tough going this year in The Championship and being a Palace fan I can't help but get a sense of :O about it, especially as most of you predicted a top 6 finish at the start of the season.
No we didn't ???
I feel you will struggle big time and you could now get caught up in a relegation battle this year if you're not careful.
So you've never posted here before, and registered for that :lol:
many of you seem to think along the lines that "Next year will be our year" "Give Oscar a season to build and then promotion next season" etc etc. I'd honestly can't understand why you think this?
We finished 4th last season, and our squad has got stronger, and will continue to improve, so obviously we'll be aiming for promotion over the next few years.
Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that you keep coming out with? :shrug:
Er, everyone. New manager need time to get used to the players and get their style set up.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that your 4 best players are your keeper, Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. If you fail to go up this year then surely you have no chance of keeping Kuszczak, Ulloa and Bridcutt
In which case we'll get a lot of money for them.

You also have a huge debt currently and FFP will see the purse strings tightened even more in the coming years so I can't see quality replacments coming in.
FFP will help us more and more, as we have a higher income than other Championship sides. And if we sell our best players, we'll have that money to spend. And we have no debt issues. Do you actually follow football?

You only have to look at your budget signings this season.
We didn't lose anyone, and added to our squad.
So my question is this...being realistic, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?
The answer is simple - what you have said is far from reality. You're a troll, and not a very good one.

Eagle94

Banned
Oct 2, 2013
We came 4th last season (above you). We're still a VERY GOOD Championship side - that's not going to change overnight. I can still see us making playoffs this year, and Oscar is going to be given time and funds - he's an INCREDIBLY exciting prospect as a manager.

Meanwhile, we're all laughing at you looking like the worst team the Prem has EVER seen, with a shit manager, poor finances and an absolutely ****ED stadium. Our long term prospects are much, much, much, much, much better than yours. Enjoy this 1 season. SAVOUR it. :thumbsup:

Worst team in Prem history? Bless. For starters, we're above Sunderland in the table this season not to mention teams from past years like Derby and Swindon.

Shit manager? Again, bless. The same shit manager that has promotion after promotion on his CV? Didn't he tactically outclass the great Gustavo over 2 legs, with us ending up comfortable winners.

The stadium is getting done up and even if it wasn't, it would have more soul about it in one turnstile than your whole ground put together.

Shit finances? I wouldn't class having £120 million as 'shit' Shit would be losing £8 million a season. And as a result of this, your long term prospects are f*****. And you know it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Worst team in Prem history? Bless. For starters, we're above Sunderland in the table this season not to mention teams from past years like Derby and Swindon.

Shit manager? Again, bless. The same shit manager that has promotion after promotion on his CV? Didn't he tactically outclass the great Gustavo over 2 legs, with us ending up comfortable winners.

The stadium is getting done up and even if it wasn't, it would have more soul about it in one turnstile than your whole ground put together.

Shit finances? I wouldn't class having £120 million as 'shit' Shit would be losing £8 million a season. And as a result of this, your long term prospects are f*****. And you know it.

Fvck off you cvnt :thumbsup:

theboybilly

The stadium is getting done up and if it it didn't, it has more soul about it in one turnstile than your whole ground put together.

Not too sure what Derby and Swindon have to do with anything. Good luck with 'doing up' Selhurst by the way. If a toilet has a soul then Selhurst Park has it in abundance. It's interesting to note how your tone has changed so quickly from your very first post.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You clearly don't know what you're on about. You think you do - but you don't, you're just guessing based on limited information. Your problem - no-one else's.

And by the way, Selhurst, in its current state doesn't have a prayer of meeting minimum Health & Safety standards. It's a bloody death trap. It doesn't need 'doing up' - it's way beyond that. It needs knocking down and starting again. Just about every other Palace fan on here (grudgingly) acknowledges that. About time you did too.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Yet another Palace fan willing to overlook the detail. You are playing with £120m of someone else's money you mean (but then you are used to abusing that) and (in your words) you will be f***** if that suddenly disappears (remember ITV) because you will never operate within your own true income. Plus that money is already disappearing fast because of the Prem wages you are paying out on your squad and will absorb your parachute money next year onward. You should already be worrying about how you are going to comply with FFP in a few years time.

Whereas we have a billionaire owner who is already turning his investment from a hypothetical debt into shares because he is a fan and doesn't want or need payback. As a sensible businessman he is insisting that we reign in the initial operating loss at The Amex plus move into compliance with FFP, rather just adopt a shit or bust approach. I think our future is far more secure and rosy.

Eagle94

Banned
Oct 2, 2013
And by the way, Selhurst, in its current state doesn't have a prayer of meeting minimum Health & Safety standards. It's a bloody death trap. It doesn't need 'doing up' - it's way beyond that. It needs knocking down and starting again. Just about every other Palace fan on here (grudgingly) acknowledges that. About time you did too.
I love how a Brighton fan has an inside knowledge into our health and safety regulations! Let's be honest, you got your information from WishfulThinking.Com or BS.org. If you had actually done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid. Of course, a million big one's would be a hell of a lot in your current predicament, but to us it's a mere drop in the ocean.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Yay! Yet another bitter, twisted, shit-for-brains, Stripey Nigel no-mark addresses the NSC faithful.

We are truly blessed. :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All Palace fans talk about is our huge debt. They know nothing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I love how a Brighton fan has an inside knowledge into our health and safety regulations! Let's be honest, you got your information from WushfulThinking.Com or BS.org. If you had actially done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid. Of course, a million big one's would be a hell of a lot in your current predicament, but to us it's a mere drop in the ocean.*

Are you seaside on disguise?

Oh, and if you don't like what we post on our teams forum then don't ****ing register and post bollocks ****

Eagle94

Banned
Oct 2, 2013
Yet another Palace fan willing to overlook the detail. You are playing with £120m of someone else's money you mean (but then you are used to abusing that) and (in your words) you will be f***** if that suddenly disappears (remember ITV) because you will never operate within your own true income. Plus that money is already disappearing fast because of the Prem wages you are paying out on your squad and will absorb your parachute money next year onward. You should already be worrying about how you are going to comply with FFP in a few years time.

Whereas we have a billionaire owner who is already turning his investment from a hypothetical debt into shares because he is a fan and doesn't want or need payback. As a sensible businessman he is insisting that we reign in the initial operating loss at The Amex plus move into compliance with FFP, rather just adopt a shit or bust approach. I think our future is far more secure and rosy.

Billonaire?! Hilarious! You have nothing to substantiate that whatsoever ??? More like £40-50 million.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Billonaire?! Hilarious! You have nothing to substantiate that whatsoever ??? More like £40-50 million.

How does a billionaire with only £40-50 million finance a £120 million on a stadium, plus a further £25m on a training facility...? And not intend to see any money back until 2023 at the earliest?

Your maths is SHIT.

I know you're new on here, and it won't be long before some homophobic jibe comes out (don't worry, we know you can't help it - it's in your DNA), but don't embarrass yourself further by coming on here with fantasies about things you haven't researched.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I love how a Brighton fan has an inside knowledge into our health and safety regulations! Let's be honest, you got your information from WushfulThinking.Com or BS.org. If you had actially done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid. Of course, a million big one's would be a hell of a lot in your current predicament, but to us it's a mere drop in the ocean.*

From my experience of conducting compliance inspections for safety certificates at sports stadia and public events that £1m will most likely only get your ground up to the bare minimum current safety standard just sufficient to get you a safety certificate to enable you to continue to operate and avoid further restrictions or prohibitions on the use of the ground. Let alone create anything remotely worthy of this millennium for a Prem club or its fans. To do that will take up a heck of a lot of your windfall. To use a motoring analogy you are spending a fortune merely trying to pass an MOT but the car will still be an old banger.

Meanwhile we don't have to worry about that because we have The Amex!

By the way what happened to CPFC2010's plan for a new stadium...........?

Eagle94

Banned
Oct 2, 2013
How does a billionaire with only £40-50 million finance a £120 million on a stadium, plus a further £25m on a training facility...? And not intend to see any money back until 2023 at the earliest?

Your maths is SHIT.

I know you're new on here, and it won't be long before some homophobic jibe comes out (don't worry, we know you can't help it - it's in your DNA), but don't embarrass yourself further by coming on here with fantasies about things you haven't researched.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind. You know nothing about our stadium health and saftey yet you posted a load of rubbish about it. I'll take one of our board's knowledge over you anyway thanks.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What was the original point of this thread? I've forgotten. Seems to have turned full circle.

Eagle94

Banned
Oct 2, 2013
From my experience of conducting compliance inspections for safety certificates at sports stadia and public events that £1m will most likely only get your ground up to the bare minimum current safety standard just sufficient to get you a safety certificate to enable you to continue to operate and avoid further restrictions or prohibitions on the use of the ground. Let alone create anything remotely worthy of this millennium for a Prem club or its fans. To do that will take up a heck of a lot of your windfall. To use a motoring analogy you are spending a fortune merely trying to pass an MOT but the car will still be an old banger.

Meanwhile we don't have to worry about that because we have The Amex!

By the way what happened to CPFC2010's plan for a new stadium...........?

You have a better stadia. Sadly for you, you have nothing else. Even our cheerleaders are fitter! :lolol:

theboybilly

If you had actually done your research you will find that Steve Browett has already confirmed that to get up to minimum Health and Saftey regulations (which don't come into effect for a while) we will have to spend around a million quid.

Tell the truth.....if they could relocate the Amex to Croydon you'd give your right arm, go on admit it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here